Canterbury

Kent

CT1 1YY

01227 784333

Services: New, Used, Repair

Edited by DGW
Details updated

Originally posted by stone cold - Tue Apr 12, 2005

The garage have been fantastic. The staff, especially the sales and after sales managers - andy and chris, always find time for you - even if you'renot there to see them.Treated my 4 year old son superbly. Nothinfg is to much of a problem.

A clean dealership, extremely friendly.

I've purchased two cars from them, my 1.6 classic Octy and now my Octy VRS.

Having visited other local dealers, Motorline have no competition. I would definitely purchase from them again

Originally posted by johnmb - Tue Apr 19, 2005

After service Spring Service check . Advertised by Skoda UK for participating dealers Motorline were the only closer dwaler doing this , booked in within 1 day , took no more than 45 minutes , very polite and good service .Checked and topped up all the fluids , check brakes , tyres , exhaust , electrics , coolant Recode on locking for auto lock at 15 km speed . For the price a worthwhile service check after the winter and my 11k miles . Would recomend them . PS they were also servicing 3 Octy VRS ( Police ) at the time .

• 8 months later...

When another Skoda dealership completely misdiagnosed a problem with my air conditioning system (I knew from an independant dealer that it was an electrical fault) I took it to Motorline Skoda. I booked it in last minute on the Thursday evening. I took the car round on Friday morning and they are wonderful enough to have a passenger lift service to take you back home or to a train station etc due to their distance from the centre of town.

Anyway their staff listened to my description of the fault and what I knew, they made notes on it, they looked at the car and found a rectified the problem charging me only labour to replace a burnt out wire. I got a great feeling of competence and trust from the staff and would have no problems giving them return business.

• 1 month later...

I recently put this in another section so thought id post it in right place .... i took my 03 vrs estate to them for a MOT ... it failed stating exhaust mount had snapped , cv boot leaking and this is the big one ...... brakes juddering needing new discs and pads at the front . Now alarms starting ringing as id not noticed any probs with brakes. My car was due into Jabba for service work and cam belt so i asked them to check the fails for me so i can get them repaired whilst there. Well the exhaust bracket had snapped so fixed that but the cv boot wasnt leaking and the brakes were fine .... only 50 % wear !!! I decided to take it to another skoda dealer ... sherlodge .... they mot'd the car .... Pass !!!

How many people would have just said " ok do the repairs " paying the £650 bill .... lots.

I wouldnt touch motorline with a barge pole now .. i recently bought the mrs a new vrs furby from there ( before mot of course ) and took out the service plan for 3 yrs ..... thats now been cancelled and jabba can have the servicing as they were brilliant when i went .. spoke to you as if you were human .. not like some main dealers who treat you like you know nothing about cars

Not really encouraging is it :( . Most of the other reviews of Motorline seem to be pretty decent but they are quite new so could be a bit variable still. I have never used them as, although im from Canterbury, I was happy using Caffyns (Ashford) when the car was a bit younger and now Volksline in Canterbury for servicing & MOT - both have been excellent with me :thumbup:

Mods - please can you add jinxy's review into the main Motorline dealer section. Ta :D

Threads merged. DGW

• 6 months later...

Update to include my first real experience of Motorline. Car had just been repaired / resprayed by an accident repair place in Canterbury after my neighbour had attacked it in my drive :rolleyes: As I drove home the EPC light was on, so I returned to the repairer who then sent me to Motorline. Initially they inferred there was problem with the ignition, but after a while the service manager came out said it had been traced to "low voltage", they had cleared the fault and taken it for a quick drive without any reappearance.

Anyway, no sign of any problem now and they didn't charge anything for what they did so :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

I take my Fabia vRs to them for servicing and I can't fault the service, it's top class. :thumbup:

Had to laugh at the saloon fabia I had as a courtesy car, interesting drive that!!!

All the staff are friendly and helpfull.

It's good to see a friendly female face behind the counter too.

Going there for the fabia launch soon, so I hope they have some goodies in for the occasion. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Just used Motorline for the first time for a service & MOT (having used independents for a while) and was pleasantly surprised. As I was going abroad for work they took the car in for the whole week without any problem. The intermediate service (at 74k) appears to have been done fine and the variety of faults that I listed (air con not working, key fobs, headlight warnings etc) were all rectified by the time I picked the car up. Although not as cheap as some of the independents they didn't seem to raise lots of "other" issues which needed dealing with which was good - I am a bit cycnical about some garages who always manage to find about 3 or 4 other things which "need" doing which always bumps the cost up. Motorline highlighted a couple of issues but said were just advisory and did not push at all to have them done.

All in all was pleased with the job done. :thumbup:

• 10 months later...

Have had three cars form Motorline in Canterbury since 2004. I have always found them to be friendly and the service has been great. Any problems we have had with cars have been dealt with promptly and professionally.

They have also been fantastic at offering free "courtesy" work. One occasion in particular sticks in my memory; My wifes car had been serviced and the following week she gave birth to our first child. Her car did not get driven for 3 weeks following the birth and when it was taken on the road again i discovered that the brake discs had corroded through lack of use even though they had been changed at during the service. When i took the car back in to get them sorted I explained why the car had not been driven and they changed the discs free of charge! At that time the last things i needed to worry about were "car-issues" so this act of kindness made a big impression on me.

In the past I always used Motorline for my servicing. For the first time I recently used a big name "Third party" garage for a recent service (as i thought i would save money). They found a long list of "problems" with the car which pushed up the price considerably. Since using them I have taken the car back to Motorline for other work and when I have pointed out any remaining "issues" that the other garage raised with (that i didn't have sorted out) the Motorline technicians have said that these "issues" are nothing to worry about. This has made me realise I should have stuck with Motorline for all my servicing (as I will now do).

All in all i would recommend Motorline in Canterbury.:thumbup:

• 2 years later...

I have recently had occasion to use the service department at Canterbury (for the first time) and after a 'painful experience' in fault diagnosis, I had reason to complain about the overall service received. It is a very long winded story, which I shall refrain from going on about here, suffice to say there was some 'learning' to have been gained.

However, that wouldn't have been bad enough, but on collecting my car I spoke on the telephone with the group manager, who promised me that I would receive a call the following week, from the service manager about my complaint. He explained that they couldn't waive the relatively small bill, which I was genuinely content with, as there were defects that needed rectifing on my car. I was, however, offered a discounted service next time, by means of good faith.

I waited, but no call was received and it was only when I replied to a generic text message about the level of service did I get the phone call back. Apparently, it had slipped those minds to call me. What followed was probably the most patronising phone call I have ever had the displeasure of receiving. I was in a busy supermarket at the time, so couldn't voice my disgust at the way I was being spoken to. The call resulted in basically being told that he felt I had had a fair crack and the promised offer on the service wouldn't be happening. On a specific note, this is poor customer service to offer and then withdraw any show of good faith, as it only serves to exacerbate the situation. I must say that there was no anger in the call, just an extremely patronising attitude on the part of this manager.

Frankly, they have done me a favour in not even offering me a fiver off my next service, as I would rather drive to another county to get my car serviced, than to ever cross the threshold of that dealership again. This is purely and only due to the appalling manner in which I was spoken to, by a manager who kept repeatedly telling me he was very experienced in the motor trade. I would suggest not experienced enough, as I appreciate being spoken to like a professional and not a five year old child.

I am a loyal Skoda owner and this is a shaming experience on this dealership.

Edited by tomo9945

• 1 year later...

Ive only dealt with sales but they have been very accommodating and pleasant. No hard sell or trying to persuade me to get options I didnt want. Had plenty of time for me and so far so good. Car is currently in build status so may update this as my journey with them progresses! 

• 1 month later...

Update - dealer now seems to have no time for me whatsoever!! Doesnt call back when he says he will. Doesnt get back to me on information. Lies to Skoda uk over what he tells me (dispute over build time) and tells SUK he will call that day but doesnt. Suprise surprise my worse fear was realised - very nice to you until you give them some money / place an order then they couldnt give two hoots and you are below bottom priority!

Very very disappointed and consequently will not be taking the car to the for servicing / maintenance / buying extras like roof rack or dog guard.

• 8 months later...

Have had cars there a few times. Usually prefer to use Adamsons in deal if I can. Anyhoo, experiences with motorline:

1) had a quick check of my old car on misfire fault. No charge. Suggested problem could be ECU (although hadn't had chance to investigate fully and stated this was a bit if a guesstimate) and advised I sold the car as that would make it "someone else's problem"

2) warning light. Exhaust pressure sensor of something, which they tried to charge me £120 for. When I asked if this wasn't a warranty issue they immediately agreed and dropped the charge

3) LE centre caps corroded. Refused to even try a warranty claim and said all they would do would be to sell them to me and suggested I deal with SUK about a refund. They then overcharged the wife when she picked them up - about £8 more than they'd quoted me IIRC.

4) I went there for a part (bit that holds the headlight in). They wanted me to pay them and then pick it up myself from TPS which is less than half a mile away. I went to TPS myself and saved some money too.

5) Used them to test drive a diesel VRS before I bought the LE (which I ended up getting at jewsons oxford) and can't remember why but seem to recall taking a moderate dislike to the salesman. Late twenties, trying too hard to be my mate I think. Missus didn't like him because part of his 'down with the customers' matey boy charm act included dropping a mid level swear word (ie F or B, but wasn't C) on the test drive.

Overall I'd use them again if I couldn't get booked into Adamsons quickly or if it was exceptionally convenient, but I'd keep my eye on them too.

Update from me. Car needed first service and because of location and timing, booked it at Adamsons in Deal rather than Motorline Canterbury. Motorline hadnt bothered to register my car on the pre-paid service schedule so consequently adamsons couldnt do the service (they were nice and explained etc) but imo not good enough on motorlines part as this should have been done over 6 months ago when I collected the car and paid for it. Called up motorline who said they would call the relevant people straight away. Wasnt showing on the system later that day so missed my slot and had to go another day to adamsons. Day later at adamsons and the service info STILL wasnt through. However they were nice enough to do just do the service for me and when I popped by a few days later the info was then finally on the system.

Not saying i'd never go to motorline as I still would but think I prefer to deal with adamsons for work needing to be done.

Interesting Cookie Monster. Considering we had same salesman, wonder if i will have same problem.

I dont think i have (as Ashford i think once checked on their computer), but we shall see when my service pops up

• 1 year later...

Thank you one and all. I've recently bought 2013 vrs and was going to access the members to ask about the local Skoda dealership in Canterbury...no need to having found this thread Adamsons in Deal appear to be coming out as a better bet and with aged parents having retired to Deal it appears a good reason to go check them out!  :angel:

• 1 year later...

Hi all, just had my second service (20k) on my motor at Motorline Canterbury. 

On my third Skoda from them and thought it might be of interest how things went ?

The 10k service cost £129, the 20k £203. I booked in for a fixed time and was offered a lift into Canterbury which is only a 20 minute walk anyway. Both services completed within the time stated. 

Paper work confirming the service 'computer' had been updated and they also changed my fixed service schedule to the variable one due my annual mileage changing with no hassle.

A video sent to my e mail with the 'technician' talking through his inspection of the underside of the car and his findings.

i've been fortunate that all of my motors have only visited the dealership for service and have not experienced them dealing with any other issues.

Overall they seemed to do what was required in efficient, professional manner in both the sales and service dept, and before you ask, no I don't work for them.

• Like 1