Skoda 1- Peugeot 0

As some of you may know, sadly my fabia vrs was driven into by a Peugeot 207 last Thursday morning on a country lane. 

DF805281-CEC9-42D3-AF0F-26665519F46F.jpg

015B38B8-55FA-4ADA-AAFE-769476B9EFFF.jpg

0BE4F8EB-C8A7-4B70-ABF6-0D375E76B765.jpg

Sadly insurance company have decided she's a total loss :( However, I am buying her back and repairing her myself (with help! lol)

Luckily there is no chassis damage but I have lost the driver's side wing, arch liner, headlight (factory Xenon!) bonnet, bumper, grill and potentially intercooler too. 

watch this space! She will return!!!

• Like 1

Yeah that's what I'm thinking Hutchysrs50

She shouldn't be too difficult, just a case of stripping broken bits off and re-attaching new ones! (she says!)

Will start a project thread once she's home and i can make a proper start on things. 

I have a bonnet grille and arch liner

Are the rear wheel arch liners the same for mk1 Fabia's across the board?

Both the 'mud guard' flaps of line have cracked, somehow, not essential I know but would be interested to find out a price/if they are interchangeable with other Fabia models.

JRJG

I was driving down a country lane and came to a 90degree left hand bend. As I entered the corner a Peugeot 207 appeared coming in the opposite directing on my side of the road. This section of tarmac is not the width of a standard road, however it is wide enough for a Peugeot 207 and Fabia vRS to pass each other without incident. Anyway, as soon as I saw the Peugeot I braked to try and stop (was doing around 20mph) and also sounded the horn as I knew the young girl driving hadn't seen me (pretty sure she wasn't looking where she was going, but can't remember where she was looking instead). The girl has then spotted me, swerved away but still caught my car, drivers side to drivers side. To make it worse for me there was no where for me to go as the inside of this bend is a grass verge that goes almost vertical up into a field. This meant I ended up basically being a sitting duck for her to hit :( 

What's even more annoying is that I drive this road 4 times each day and have been for the past 2 or so years without a problem. I've passed many cars, buses, lorries, tractors and even horse boxes without any issues yet have a collision with a little Peugeot which is enough to write my car off :(

Are the rear wheel arch liners the same for mk1 Fabia's across the board?

Yeah, they're all the same.

I was driving down a country lane and came to a 90degree left hand bend. As I entered the corner a Peugeot 207 appeared coming in the opposite directing on my side of the road. This section of tarmac is not the width of a standard road, however it is wide enough for a Peugeot 207 and Fabia vRS to pass each other without incident. Anyway, as soon as I saw the Peugeot I braked to try and stop (was doing around 20mph) and also sounded the horn as I knew the young girl driving hadn't seen me (pretty sure she wasn't looking where she was going, but can't remember where she was looking instead). The girl has then spotted me, swerved away but still caught my car, drivers side to drivers side. To make it worse for me there was no where for me to go as the inside of this bend is a grass verge that goes almost vertical up into a field. This meant I ended up basically being a sitting duck for her to hit :(

What's even more annoying is that I drive this road 4 times each day and have been for the past 2 or so years without a problem. I've passed many cars, buses, lorries, tractors and even horse boxes without any issues yet have a collision with a little Peugeot which is enough to write my car off :(

I tend to use the horn a little these days when approaching dodgy corners and junctions. Also have a habit of flashing the headlights onto full beam for the light to bounce around the corner. (doesn't work too well in bright summer days unforts).

Good luck with the rebuild. Please do a project thread. Not expecting a "project binky" (see youtube etc) but would be good to see the highs and lows of the re-lifing.

I rebuilt the front of an A3 a couple of weeks ago after it was parked in the back of a KA. Bonnet, lights, bumper, wing, slam panel, a few little bits plus an upgrade to xenons while I was at it all for about £200 from scrap yards.

The difficulty will be the bumper and the washer jets won't it? Factory xenons come at a price too!

I have a bumper from a Xenon equipped car.

I also have the whole radiator pack/slam panel etc.. including the washer jets for the headlights.

All I'm missing is the headlights.

If Laura wants them, they are here.

• Like 1

FMIC and some other additional mods on the cards Laura?? ;)

Potentially ;) Also could be a change of colour on the cards too hehehehehe

Hope the opposition looked worse. [emoji34]

Good luck with the project [emoji2]

Peugeot was most definately worse off! My car made it home under her own power. Peugeot wouldn't even move to the side of the road by itself, had to be pushed lol. Instant right off without even a valuation I reckon. 

I rebuilt the front of an A3 a couple of weeks ago after it was parked in the back of a KA. Bonnet, lights, bumper, wing, slam panel, a few little bits plus an upgrade to xenons while I was at it all for about £200 from scrap yards.

Yeah I've been having a little search around for bits and pieces this week and parts aren't looking too expensive so feeling a lot more possitive about it all now :) Glad to hear someone else has managed a similar job themselves too. 

The difficulty will be the bumper and the washer jets won't it? Factory xenons come at a price too!

Look forward to seeing this progress - you sure a bit of Tcut won't fix it?

If only Tcut would!!! She'd be back hunting down the Peugeot driver before we knew it lol 

I have a bumper from a Xenon equipped car.

I also have the whole radiator pack/slam panel etc.. including the washer jets for the headlights.

All I'm missing is the headlights.

If Laura wants them, they are here.

BossFox, you are a lifesaver! I'm almost 99.999999% certain I'll be having those off you in the near future :)

I can also now add that my Skud is home again! Haven't had a chance to look at her properly in the daylight yet but as soon as I do, I'll start taking some clearer photos and start a project thread for you all. 

I really am pleasantly surprised by how many people have been upset to hear about my car and how helpful everyone is being! Thank you :)

• Like 1

Honestly take it slowly.... when i saw the A3 I thought jeezus its a write off.... then i jumped up and down on the bonnet to get it shut at least and that made the car look 80% better.... so 1 bonnet for £40 later, same colour code and that was on after 10 mins. Next up some tape to hold everything in place for now and start collecting the rest.

Once i got all the other bits I started at 9am on a saturday and finished at 1, and that included a service on the car. Its soooo easy to replace everything on VAGS if you do it methodically.

I think bossfox sounds like he has most internal bits, then its just finding a breaker or two on ebay.

I trhink as a rule, if the airbag hasnt gone off... its an easy fix.

• Like 1

She'd be back hunting down the Peugeot driver before we knew it lol

:giggle:

I hope it all comes together swiftly and as planned, I'd love to shadow you whilst you did it, love little projects like the one you have ahead. Although I would NOT like it I were in your shoes and it was my car I was 'projecting' on!

Best of luck

JRJG

• 2 weeks later...

Project thread is now started :) Will do my best to keep that updated as and when I get things done.

Still waiting on payout from insurance company so haven't managed to get anything done yet other than tuck her away in the workshop.