Winner Garage - Cinderford.

DGW

Originally posted by stopan1j - Thu Oct 21, 2004

I have bought 2 new cars from this dealership continue to have my 3 cars serviced here even though its not the closest, well worth the trip.

The whole dealership work as a team and everyone of the team are very welcoming - thats from the valeter to the owner.

All my dealings from buying, servicing and warranty claims have been carried out efficiently and to my satisfaction.

I would concider this dealership to be my 1st call for a new car without a second thought.

Originally posted by Rydal - Sat Jan 22, 2005

I bought my Octavia Vrs from Winner's and it has since been back for a 30k and 40k service. The buying experience was hassle free and even though the Vrs was already under book price, Robin gave me £250 over book for my part-ex (despite it having a scrape on the rear wing!). The middle section of the exhaust was replaced under warranty after 3 months without quibble.

Both services were carried out without any problems, the receptionist was most apologetic about the cost of the 40k service, even though I was pleasantly surprised with £230.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back from Winner Garage having had 40k service done.

Top class outfit. Very polite & friendly staff. Chatted to Robin (sales) about imoending arrival of new Octy vRS amongst other things. I was well looked after and plied with coffee whilst I waited.

Very reasonable and worth the 75 mile round trip as £60 cheaper than Robert Bamford :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• 2 months later...

Bought a Fabia VRS 2 years ago and have just had to change to an Octavia Estate due to parents becoming increasingly disabled. Great service with VRS, Mervyn, Adrian and Rob all extremely helpful, not pushy, and reception staff great too. Thanks Winners. I would recommend this dealership.

• 5 months later...

2nd variable service at 37,000 - very pleased again, excellent service and I got 3 hours of work done

+ 2 new tyres (conti's) at £15 per tyre less than I could get them elsewhere

:thumbup:

(mind the bill was still quite large!!)

• 1 month later...

Recently bought a second hand 3 year old vrs from them. Drove it home and the exhaust was clanging when I went round corners. The reverse gear was a swine to get out of and all the 4 tyres were very low on pressure. rear 14 psi. This had apparently just passed a pre delivery inspection!. Not impressed at all. Its going back to be sorted. Will post follow up

• 1 month later...

Follow up post. They had car in for 1 day. Replaced faulty exhaust and sprayed creaking roll bar bushes. Could not find any problem with gearbox linkage. Arranged for car to be in for 3 days to strip gearbox. Drove home car and rollbar bushes skeaked like banshees. Clutch pedal locked down on floor one day and would not come back up. Went on holiday and hated the car. I would have had my money back if I was near the garage. Took car in on monday and have just got car back. What a transformation!!!

Roll bar bushes replaced. No more din!!!

Gearbox stripped. Now get reverse gear freely.

Clutch master cyclnder replaced. no more clutch problems.

Its taken a while but the car is now great. They were always polite and always had a curtesy car.

I traded a Toyota Avensis for this VRS and wondered what I had done. Now I know why. Vrs is great to drive. Thanks Winners.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I bought a 51 plate Octavia vRS on 24/11/06 (note date), Rob threw in a few bits and gave 3 month / 3k miles warranty.

On Monday 26/02/07 (2 days out of warranty) a coil pack went. Rang them up, Kathy on reception very apologetic, had a "quick word" and said they'd replace it as a gesture of good will. As I didn't want to screw it by driving 30 miles on 3 cylinders, they put one in post 1st Class, arrived Tuesday. Took it in today to have the EM reset.

Plied with apologies, coffee and a chat.

Great people, great service

• 3 weeks later...

We bought a five year old Octavia Elegance Tdi in November last year. We had a number of problems which were all sorted out under the 3 month warranty including roll bar bushes to stop a clunking underneath and a turbo overhaul to stop it oveheating and stopping. Our problems were not all sorted out within the 3 months, we still had difficult starting and generally lumpy running which was diagnosed by Martin as a mis aligned cam belt which had been fitted by another garage 10,000 miles previously. The problem was sorted out in their usual efficient manner and they even extended our warranty to 4 months because of our difficulties. I can only say that everyone from Adrian the general manager to Martin the mechanic and Cath the long suffering (but very cheerful) service receptionist were very professional and helpful and as a previous post notes a courtesy car was provided every time. Again a long trip back and forth but through the beautiful forest and well worth it. Highly recommended.

My inlaws got their MK2 Octavia from Winners (via a broker I believe) and have recently bought another from the Skoda dealers in Bristol. The reason they gave for not buying from Winners again was that they weren't happy with how Winners dealt with their problematic door seals and a couple of other things. This thread would seem to confirm my opinion that my father in law could start an argument in an empty room!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can't praise them high enough! Sorted out my power prob under warranty, when all the other (more) local dealers didn't want to know. Always greeted with a cup of tea/coffee etc. Martin (head mechanic) is a top guy.

Recommended! The only Skoda dealer I would consider using again, now the car is out of warranty.

• 10 months later...

We have bought two fabias from winner both great except fuel comsumption of our mark 2 1'4 tdi.Service very friendly and efficient our son has just moved into the area and takes his 51 reg. octavia there for service in this week for its 250000 miles service

• 1 year later...

Discussion about the availability (or otherwise) of a Skoda extended warranty has been moved to the separate thread below:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/181266-skoda-extended-warranty-availability/

Unfortunately my posting re this garage not relevant to that topic appears to have been removed too - I would appreciate a response as to why..

Would anyone considering using this garage who wants to hear my experience of buying a second hand car from them please contact me by PM.

• 2 years later...

Just bought my Fabia 1.2 TDi Greenline from Winner, very pleased with quickly and professionally, it was all handled. On the handover day, everything was explained and all items shown. Cannot fault their expertise. Thanks guys

• 5 months later...

I've had a Fabia, Roomster and a Yeti off Winners and found them to be very efficent and friendly in all aspects from purchasing to servicing and obtaining spares quickly.

Jackie on the front desk is really helpful and friendly and goes out of her way to assist with any queries.

Always been offered a courtesy car when mine is in for service or repairs.

Coffee always been offered when a wait is involved.

The only point I make is be sure to haggle when purchasing and trading in.

All in all  one of the better Skoda dealers.

I have no connection to Winners and I'm not getting any kick backs .(but you can live in hope) :think:

• 1 month later...

I've just had my fabia rs estate service & mot by winner today found them to Be very friendly And effiient was provided with a caurtesy car for the day (a very nice 63reg 5 door Citigo ) can't praise them high enough top class outfit that know how to look after & care about the customer

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I've had my octy vRS 1st variable service by winner today the service was first class as usual they are one of the best skoda dealers I've had dealings with

• 1 year later...

Forgot to do this but had the Octys 2rd variable service at the end of April all good service from winner was great as usual

The octy need some work doing to it at the beginning of October so booked it in to winner drop it off a 8.30 am Monday morning they look at the car and siad need to keep it to work on so they give me a nice little citigo Monte Carlo to go to work in ( not a bad little car at all )

they ring me at 4pm to say it really to pick up so a range to pick it up the next morning at 8.30am

pick the octy back and it all back to its best not bad service at very happy with them will be having the 3rd service and MOT with them

Edited by Rsrob

• 2 years later...