Bye to my Skoda & many thanks to all of you

And the time has come to say bye to my not so old Octavia Black Edition. Its a 1.6 TDI Maual BE. It's going to be replaced by a brand new BMW 320D M Sport Manual.

Pretty tempting deal and SWAMBO wanting to get rid of Skoda resulted in a new Beemer.

I want to thank all of you for helping me when ever I needed it.

One last thing I wanted to ask, I have a full size spare wheel with full kit (unused) and a plastic tray type boot liner to go please let me know if anybody is interested.

Once gain

Thanks

Saurabh

hmmmm, I wonder if I colludes that spare on a VRS?

Under the impression the smallest wheel it could take was a 17 inch??

How Telboy5, it should be fine as the full size spare wheel originally came with my Octavia 3 hatch SE and the dealer did mention to use it in the Black edition (18" wheel) as the full size spare wheels are standard across the range. Still if you want me to take some pictures of give you any more information then please let me know.

Fair shout Saurabh, a 320d M Sport is a better and more interesting car for sure....I also guess your rather short term dalliance with both your Octavia's has set you back a few quid....still if you're going about changing the car then I guess the cost side of things cant matter so much to you.

Sadly the regular Octavia's just aren't that dynamically appealing; good cars and drive well but fun they are not.  Subjectively the O3 is a better car than the O2 but a big part of me does now regret selling my Blackline..I think I would have been better off holding onto that for another 12 months to take me to now.

Part of me does wonder whether perhaps you did yourself a slight disservice not buying a 2.0 TDI version as they are alot quicker than the 1.6 and not leagues slower than a 320d.

BMW do offer some very competitve discounts and contribution incentives now (clear sign of the times that BM's dont just sell themselves at silly list prices anymore) and am thinking my next set of wheels may well be a facelift 120d M sport auto (perhaps an X drive) or maybe a 220d.

• Like 1

My wife changed here 2014 Octavia for a BMW 320d earlier this year. My thoughts on it compared to the Octavia are here, post number 11 http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/345314-bmw-2-series-active-tourer/

I hope it is the right decision for you, enjoy the new car.

+1

My path is: MkII vrs tdi --> 320d MSport E91 --> MkIII 2.0 tdi AWD.

Among the minus on the beemer: seats (resulting in a huge right leg ache), heavy clutch and gearstick, awful runflat tyres resulting in noise, tramlining, harsh ride, delicate paintwork, ridicolous boot.

Hope the latest F series is much better!

+1

My path is: MkII vrs tdi --> 320d MSport E91 --> MkIII 2.0 tdi AWD.

Among the minus on the beemer: seats (resulting in a huge right leg ache), heavy clutch and gearstick, awful runflat tyres resulting in noise, tramlining, harsh ride, delicate paintwork, ridicolous boot.

Hope the latest F series is much better!

My wife's car is the latest F series, but for us, the better car is the Octavia for the reasons I posted.

On the up side she's already been told it will be changed when the 65 reg comes out later this year (all are/were company cars), although we don't yet know for what. The company she works for is sponsored by BMW so if it has to be another BMW we'll go for a 1 series again. She also had a new 1 series last year before the Octavia and despite it being a little smaller than the 3 series the versatility of the hatchback was far more useful.

Horses for courses etc.

saurabhdutt - it will be interesting to hear you opinion of the BMW vs Octavia when it arrives and you've put a few miles on it.

• Like 1

Had 1 for a week, off-set pedals gave me lower back pain, never I mean never going back to an off-set pedal arrangement.

+1 nothing lines up pedals, wheel or seat. Had the 320d m-sport with sport pack for a few days and felt the was ride too hard, the interior too claustrophobic and the boot too awkward. God even split rear seats were an optional extra.

So stayed with the VRS. picking my MK III up on Wednesday, can't wait. No one believes i prefer it to a BMW

• Like 1

How Telboy5, it should be fine as the full size spare wheel originally came with my Octavia 3 hatch SE and the dealer did mention to use it in the Black edition (18" wheel) as the full size spare wheels are standard across the range. Still if you want me to take some pictures of give you any more information then please let me know.

Many thanks, please could you pm me some photos of the gear your selling with a rough idea on price and I'll come back to you asap,..

• Like 1

No one believes i prefer it to a BMW

I can see exactly why you prefer it. It's not that the BMW is a bad car, the Octavia is just better - in my opinion. It suited our needs perfectly.  

Many thanks, please could you pm me some photos of the gear your selling with a rough idea on price and I'll come back to you asap,..

Hiya,

I will do that tomorrow morning.

saurabhdutt - it will be interesting to hear you opinion of the BMW vs Octavia when it arrives and you've put a few miles on it.

Hi Cnc,

I woukd love to do a comparision on the new F30 BMW 320d with my current Octavia 1.6

Had 1 for a week, off-set pedals gave me lower back pain, never I mean never going back to an off-set pedal arrangement.

I find the pedals on the manual O3 quite offset to the right too. Its likely not half as bad on the DSG.