Prestige Garage - Coventry..

DGW

Originally posted by awginger - Wed Jan 19, 2005

The guys here were very approachable and weren't giving it the hard sell.

Gave me a good price on my part ex.

Only moan would be that they only have me 40miles of fuel in the tank (I bought it new!!)

Originally posted by Jules59 - Sat Oct 15, 2005

Last bought a new car in 1983 and had loads of hassle with the Rover dealer. The chaps at Prestige made this purchase an enjoyable experience; like getting taken to meet the service and the parts dept managers, a teddy for my daughter - little things can make a difference. Plus no hassle over the deal. Oh the car; great- no problems (done 800miles). Paid 11480 for unregistered cancelled order (so no waiting), red, bog standard Fabia VRS. Could not give 10/10 due to part filled fuel tank.

• 1 year later...

Got my new Fabia vRS from these guys today. They were friendly and helpful, and gave me a very nice £1350 for my old car which was actually only worth about £500. The salesman who I had been dealing with's son had broken his arm so I had the boss dealing with me instead so there was a bit of confusion over finance - but given the circumstances I don't see that as a problem - it was all sorted easily enough.

It too came with 40 miles in the tank.

• 1 month later...

just picked our '54'silver fabia vrs this is our 2cd fabia bought from them,really good deal both times salesmen were really helpful to and did not patronise or make wife feel left out or in the way at all only problem we had was only had 5 miles left on computer

• 5 weeks later...

there really ontop of ringing me up finding out if i got enough money to go and buy a new car too! really freindly service from these guys though!:thumbup:

Now done 22K in the Fabia VRS - no worries.

Serviced at Prestige - no probs.

Also had leaking rear washer pipe sorted and new rear caliper replaced (paint came off) all FOC.

Very happy with this dealership. Would use again.

I just wish that the rear seats would tolerate my teenage kids better - have got really dirty.

Jules

• 9 months later...

I would rate these guys as average at best. Car was advertised as having 36,000 miles on clock on 2 websites (theirs and Autotrader) but has 48,000 when viewing it for first time; also stated CD was fitted but was Rad/Cass...Little things that should have been attended to like drinks stains on the A Pillar (interior) and stains on the roof lining were commented upon during test drive but still there on pick up. Valet job only cleaned bits that intially showed (still finding muck!). Car also handed over with blown fuse. All these things are easy to get right and cost very little in time & money to fix! At least they did the cambelt, and put in Skoda CD player. Stone chips on bonnet have started to rust (NOT garages fault), but they could have attended to them; I mean, rust on a 3.75 yr old car?!? When approached about panel gaps on front of car they very quickly washed their hands of situation! (Car has obviously had a bump as panel gaps are out and the small grill next to RH Fog Light has to be held in with a cable tie!) At least Bowling Green Garage seem friendlier.

• 1 year later...

Hi New to this site but felt compelled to write about my recent experience in buying my Superb PD170 DSG Elegance. Dealt with the MD (blimey!) What a top bloke, nothing was too much trouble for him and I was very happy with the deal. Introduced me to Parts and Aftersales AND called me 2 days later and I felt that he genuinely cared and was pleased I was happy with the car.

Guys & Gals What a car I previously owned the Old Superb and this car beats the socks off it, I smile everytime I drive the thing (sad I know) It really is the best car I have ever driven 10/10 all round:thumbup:

Edited by DGW
Quote deleted.

• 4 months later...

Not impressed.

Brought some top up oil for my car and asked if they would do a deal on my first service and fit cruise control - "no we dont fit cruise control as their are plenty of people in yellow pages who will do it" :confused:

Fine i'll go to central skoda in birmingham who will bend over backwards to help me so no i'm glad i didn't buy from them and i wont be going back to them either, looks like their more interested in pushing the other brand they sell.

• 5 months later...

Hi New to this site but felt I had to write about the great experiences I have had with these guys.

Just purchased my 5th Octavia last week (delivery January 2010) from these guys and have never had issues with them on service or sales. Know most of the guys by their first names now and have always had a Skoda as a loan car whilst mine is in.

Have recommend these guys to a few friends and all have purchased Skodas from them hassel free.

Would recommend them to anyone.

• 5 months later...

Yo,

Bought my current car from these people, traveled all the way there twice - was worth it. :)

Paul with whom I was dealing with was unfortunately off the day I went to pick it up.

Generally a nice bunch of people - shame they're too far away.

I too will recommend them. :thumbup:

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Blimey, I can't believe all the positive reviews for this lot on here, personally I am glad they closed down.

Was never particularly impressed with them (to the extent I used the Rugby dealer instead), but then Cov really took the biscuit last summer when I contacted them for help identifying which locking wheel nut was fitted to my Fabia, as another garage had managed to lose the key. The bloke immediately sucks air through his teeth, and says the nuts will need to be drilled out at a cost of £70 plus the cost of a new locking wheel nut set. When I, somewhat stunned, enquired about the existence of a dealer master set for precisely this purpose he laughed at me and said thieves would have a field day if such a thing existed. Lying to$$er.

Phoned the Dealer in Leamington, they said yeah fine, drove it round there, 10minutes later the locking wheel nuts were off the car (was trying to get new tyres fitted that day, hence the rush) and the required key identified and ordered. Couldn't have been more helpful, a complete contrast to the Cov lot.

• Like 1