Bridgnorth

Shropshire

WV16 4AY

01746 768777

Services: New, Used, Repair

Edited by DGW
Details checked

Originally posted by jason - Sat Oct 2, 2004

took the car in for 40k service and starter motor problem,(octavia vrs )told them that the problem only occures first start in the morning, i was advised to take car in the night before so that they could start it first thing in the morning,i was given a fabia as curtesy car,that only just fitted the family,would of liked at least an octavia.

i was advised to ring after dinnertime to see if the service had been done and the starter motor diagnosed.we were in the area so just decided to drop in and see if it was ready,it was sat out front and ready by 13.30.

was welcomed by adam the parts guy,top lad and very enthusiastic.service receipt was on the desk and waiting,along with two quotes for things they had found wrong with the car.

firstly was the starter,bearing it seems was on its way out,secondly the guy/s that serviced it had noticed a low pad on the inside of the caliper on the near side front.

i settled the bill and was told that they had pads in but couldn't get hold of me as they could of fitted new pads there and then.

after updating my phone numbers,that i omitted to change from last month .we were on our way,have had parts from them since i have had the vrs but i was reserving judgment till after i had them do some work on my car.

what can i say? top notch,friendly,knowledgable and very prompt.the only reason i didn't give them top marks was the fact that i had just spent 260 quid there and they didn't even give the car a quick rinse,this could be due to owners having their own cleaning regime,but i think a quick jet wash would be a good idea.

also to add i had a cold start prob with the car running lumpy,this seems to have gone,with no explaination.

finally i will deffinately be going back,wether for parts or servicing.good outfit and well run ship

Originally posted by Dan_P - Mon Oct 4, 2004

Great service.

Real coffee.

I have bought two cars from them and would definately buy another.

also helpfull with parts sourcing

Originally posted by jonny 5 - Tue Nov 9, 2004

Took my car (ocatvia RS) for it's 60,000 longlife service, after reading the other 2 reviews about the dealer. I was dealt with very efficiently. I was given a 54 plate octavia tdi as a courtesy car which I wasn't expecting as I was told I would have a Fabia, so no complants there then. I was told that my car would be ready at 1 o'clock. It was ready when I went back at 1. The staff seam well imformed and freindly. The service was just under £220 which was less than I was expecting. I will defiently be taking my car back there even if it is an 80 mile round trip.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Since 2000 we as a family have purchased 5 Fabias and 1 Octavia, not to mention the current purchase of a Fabia vrs for my wife, and at all times we have had nothing but first class service from faintree garage.

As for aftersale service my current 1.9 TDI octavia has been nothing but trouble from the first day I collected it, but all the staff at Faintree have bent over backwards to accomodate and help me out even working late in to the evening after hours.

Service charges seem to be similar to the other dealers in Shropshire, however I would choose to go to Faintree as I feel that the attention to detail that all the staff in the workshop give is exceptional.

• 4 months later...
Bought my PD100 combi from these guys in the summer. Friendly knowledgable staff and I'd recommend them.

Bought mine from there in 2001, but use Savilles for servicing.

• 2 months later...

Have used this garage for nearly 3 years now and they are absolutely great!!!!

The service is superb and James in the parts department is a real star!!!!

Both James and Steve have helped me sort all the parts needed for this b!oody 6 speed gearbox conversion. I couldn't have done it without them.

So here's a public thank you....

Cheers!!!!!!:thumbup: :thumbup:

I would very highly recommend this garage to anyone living in the West Midlands!!!

Stephen W:)

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone reading this thread, as I did six weeks ago, wondering where in Shropshire/West Staffs to get a Skoda from, all I would say is definitely give Faintree a go. They may not be a big outfit, but the sales department has given knowledgeable and courteous service so far and they had a standard spec Octy TDI Elegance delivered in less than 14 day.

OK, I haven't needed the Service folks yet (car only four weeks old) but if the customer service is as good as sales I'll be well happy.

Big thumbs up.

• 1 month later...

Had my car serviced here yesterday and not a problem with it, apart from the £351 bill for a 40,000 mile service and new rear pads, which i thought was a little steep but never mind, still had friendly, helpful staff.

Also noticed that they never gave the car a rinse over, which i always get at Savilles, so was a little disappointed by that but just means i'll have to do it myself now. :rolleyes::D

I wish they'd given me the new shape Fabia as a courtesy car though. Would have liked to give one a drive, especially on the Bridgnorth to Wolverhampton road. :D:cool:

• 4 months later...

My dad has bought two cars from Faintree (one of which was used, and is now mine... the other of which was SE #395) and we as a family have not a bad word to say about them.

Highly recommended, much more so than the Startin Skoda dealerships which are half the distance away, but from whom we would never buy a car from the pushy salesmen in them.

• 2 weeks later...

Took my roomster into faintree Garage a couple of weeks ago as a Polish lorry driver had scratched the side as he drove.

Suspecting the worst that he would not have any insurance which proved to be correct I took the car into faintree for them to assess the damage and Paul the sales manager had a look and told me it was just a scratch in the Laquer which could easilly be removed, and it was done there and then for a minimal charge.

Top marks all round.

Cannot fault this place, the best dealer I have come across.

i won't be going back there ever again.i feel they have conned me out of 104 quid.And at the moment skoda customer service dept is a joke,since when do customer services ignore correspondence from a customer? i'd be sacked if i ignored a customer letter,and didn't reply promptly.

utterly pee'd off at the moment.

not to go into too much detail as its still with skoda(if they actually reply) they fitted something to my car to fix a problem.it didn't.i spoke to them about it and was offered a refund and my old part refitted.

when my wife took the car in,they said that said item was an exchange part and we wouldn't be having a refund after all.

so problem still on car,104 +vat + 1/2 hours labour out of pocket.

since found out that said item is NOT and exchange part

• 2 months later...

While in Shropshire had problem with Oil pressure light coming on (1.9TDi Octy). Turned up on them out of the blue, they were helpful, friendly, knowledgable. They traced the problem to a sender and organised its replacement, on Easter Saturday! Very pleased.

• 2 months later...

What more canI add. I live in Aylesbury. I think so highly of them that I always arrange to call for services etc on the way up to visit my parents in Cheshire. They have always been helpful, long before I even bought my Octavia. Just a good old fashioned polite family business, professional service and sensible prices.

• 7 months later...

Ditto the above. Regret buying my Octavia VRS from Brooklyn Redditch and should have gone to see Paul Wedgebury instead. A very helpful guy.

Brought a new Fabia from Bridgnorth and am very pleased with it. Service is exceptional and both brothers, Steve and Paul are true to their word down to earth guys. Dont feel like am being taken for a ride with them!:thumbup: Service staff are friendly and reliable.

Am looking for new VRS in 2009, have got Paul on the job already!:D

Always have a courtesy car from them without a hitch, ranges from a Superb, down to Fabia and Roomster. Great Coffee:thumbup:

Great Service - Highly recommended!:)

Edited by DGW
Quote deleted.

• 3 months later...

I would just like to praise this dealer after my wife ringing our local dealer furrows Shrewsbury. They were most unhelpful in regard to a known issue with the tailgate of our 2003 octavia estate. I could see the paint coming away below the rear window so after finding many threads on this forum about ths problem, i told my wife to give them a call as i was away. they told her they had no knowledge about this problem and wanted to see evidence ie we would have had to print off all the threads from this forum:mad:

She then rang Faintree and they said they new all about it and to bring it in and they would start the process. easy as that:thumbup:

also when we were on our way to cornwall a few years ago i had my passat drivers side mirror smashed by white van man. i didn't want to go on without a mirror so went to VW Bridgenorth and they said the parts desk was closed and could not help. So I went to Faintree next door knowing Skoda share parts. their parts area was also closed but they still went out of their way to help and managed to dig up an old octavia one for us.

Thay had no reason to help a VW driver on a saturday afternoon but they did i think they are a brilliant dealer and hope to deal with them alot more in the future:D

• 2 months later...

Have just paid my deposit to Paul at Faintree and am waiting to pick up my new facelift 59 plate Octavia VRS from him on 01/09/09.:D A smooth and pleasant transaction so far. I would highly recommend this dealer.

• 9 months later...

:rofl::thumbup::rofl::thumbup:

Excellent garage, helped me out following major problems with two other more local Skoda garages, and I have just ordered a new VRS through them, well worth the hours drive to get to them.:rofl:

Edited by davepud

• 1 month later...

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Anothe big plus from me for their sales side.

Went in today and was treated very well by Jenny ,Steve and Paul, and paid my deposit on their Yeti demo, which I collect next week after they have fitted the tow bar and electrics.

Edited by Llanigraham

• 1 year later...

I have recently moved to north Scotland, and I can truly say that I am GUTTED I have left THE BEST Skoda dealership in the country behind.

For four years Faintree garage superbly looked after my beloved Fabia. Doing 20k a year I have seen these guys more than others might. Each and every time I have had car problems or enquiries they have promptly replied and not disappointed. When I had a just out of warranty problem two years ago, they bent over backwards to help me. The problem had been recurring for some time, and when Skoda would not pay up, they took the hit themselves - I was truly stunned when they told me! Their customer service is excellent, their technical expertise is of the highest standard, and they take great pride in their work.

I have not bought a car from here, but I have talked to their sales staff when ‘flirting’ with the idea. They were knowledgeable and not at all pushy. If I ever need to replace my Fabia, a call to Faintree would be the first I would make.

And this is how good they are; when my next service is due, I’m contemplating finding an excuse to see friends just so I can justify driving 480 miles to get my car serviced! Now I’m either mad (probably), or they have made a lasting impression on me!

:thumbup: THANK YOU FAINTREE! :) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! B)