octavia vrs 20v turbo antics

retroboost83

alright everyone very early update as were off to do a car boot this morning and have loads to do after (who says sunday is the day of rest).

just thought id let you know that the car is now equipped with the decat downpipe and has been mapped at tqc via dna tuning :) all i can say is wow what a difference it has made and to me feels like the car the vrs should of been from factory very impressed with the map.

one thing it did was give us an instant missfire which was cured by checking and retorquing of the plugs and replacing coil no 4. 

it has also highlighted the slight hesitation at around 4k obviously with running added boost its more noticeable now than when standard so were going to get it on vagcom this tuesday night to see whats what instead of replacing a load of things to guesstimate as such.

my personal things i think it could be are n75, maf or worn actuator car has done 150k for reference.

got a few pics for you all

waiting outside tqc 

IMG_20150815_095052_zps5j8a6cxx.jpg

new decat downpipe

20150815_095536_zpskbobccjf.jpg

20150815_095544_zpskphvgfiw.jpg

20150815_095630_zpsd33nkylp.jpg

mapping in process

20150815_111004_zpsg6kdwgn0.jpg

oe vs 3" downpipe etc

20150815_124422_zpsk12cdsho.jpg

20150815_124431_zpsbqme79fw.jpg

• Like 1

tonight i will  be heading across to ian a tqc to get the car on vagcom to see what is causing the hesitance at 4k when on boost, like i say the problem was there when standard but not as noticeable of course it could be numerous things and we would be foolish just to keep guessing, hopefully this will show us what it is and we can sort it.

we are still to fit the front upper and lower braces and also were doing the oil pick up and of course oil/filter change but it is being done this week in the evening

had a bit of a delay in taking the car to tqc due to my back getting worse on tuesday, but its feeling a bit better now so i will be going tonight :)

i have also finally got around to purchasing the uprated poly dogbone mount and a pair of the newer style badges for the front grille and boot along with a set of vrs emblem centre caps which i think will look rather cool. 

link of the vrs centre caps

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151679200971?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

so today we finally got around to fitting the audi tt upper and lower front braces, i can honestly say to anyone who owns a vrs to do these mods as for me its what they should of come with as standard hugely improved very impressed.

we also fitted a new oil pick up pipe and of course new oil and filter so thats peace of mind for me now.

20150821_141915_zpszgtrz47f.jpg

20150821_132351_zpsribowkju.jpg

20150821_113728_zps5hvezalz.jpg
  • Like 1

so iv purchased this universal stainless back box from 2fast2cool on ebay, it will take a little bit of custom fitting to make it work but its nothing major and im sure we can get it fitted bang on.

i think it will really suit the cut out and look oe+ as such :)

_57_zpsycxrmpwg.jpg

_57%201_zpsmzd1asgv.jpg

Oh dear I will post a pic of how mine looks but the centre exhaust hanger is broke so it sits lop sided

I will see what its like when it gets here and it will only be fitted if we can get it sitting exactly how i want it.

Have you got any vids of how it sounds pal

3255706B-BD3F-4C45-B31F-6DED37635C45_zps

73FEDC88-1666-49C5-BCB5-5F3737FA39D3_zps

Don't like it's black inside the tail pipe either it's like the previous owner painted it

You sure its not just exhaust dirt? My 1.8T exhaust looks fairly black inside the tip despite being a few thousand miles old.

• 5 weeks later...

what was the part numbers for the lower bolts and rivnuts please? i went to audi awhile back i had the wrong numbers i think, too many numbers on the net.

N 104 679 01 Bolts for lower brace

N 909 147 01 Captive nuts

there you go fella sorry for the hugely delayed reply

• Like 1

I have purchased a second hand carbonio cai kit for the car these always seemed to be rated as one of the best aftermarket induction kits for the 20vt engine.

fingers crossed it will arrive before sunday as i will get it fitted that day and report back with how i find it.

I fitted the vrs centre caps i purchased off ebay and they really suit the car will certainly look better once i get the wheels done in anthracite and fit the black wheel nut covers.

still not had the backbox fitted yet (hopefully next month) i have also purchased a pair of the new style skoda badges for the front and rear of the car and also the new style vrs badges for front grille and boot which i will be fitting today :)

todays biggest job is a full detail on the car, tbh it is crying out for a full respray now so many marks/scratches/stonechips.

car had a full detail today am knackered now haha

you cant polish a turd but you can certainly have a go :)

new style rear skoda badge with the old octavia and vrs badges removed which i actually quite like and think its going to stay this way.

20150926_155248_zps6fra83na.jpg

front end looks so much better with the new style skoda and vrs badge fitted

IMG_20150926_172218_zpshd4zxgto.jpg
  • Like 1

well todays plan is to give the car a wash and another mini detail with the help of my mate whos quite a bufty clear.png i always appreciate a hand as cleaning cars seriously starts my back off clear.png .

were off to a local car show tomorrow called down n out its a vw based show so my car is more than welcome there. Im told they are expecting around 135 vehicles and there is also a beer festival on at the venue clear.png

only problem with that last bit is im doing the go sober for october fundraiser which im sure is a charity that has affected all of us at some point. below is a link to my profile if any of you fine people would like to sponsor me.