octavia vrs 20v turbo antics

retroboost83

right then everyone i have an update that i think will interest you all, after a bit of long thought and careful consideration it has been decided to go onto the next level with the car :) 

this should see us hit figures of 300+bhp and 300+ lb/ft so will totally transform the car from a relatively pokey motor into something that is much more like it for me.

these bits will have to be purchased over the coming months and i have already actually struck deals for the lcr injectors, k03s crack free manifold to send for porting and an 80mm maf housing.   

i think the plan will be to next purchase the sytec fuel pump (as mine is certainly worn now) send the k03s manifold off to badger5 for porting and purchase wellycooler set up then once in my possesion get this lot fitted as it wont do any harm and it will be in place ready for when the big bits come into play.

following this i think the exhaust system and clutch/flywheel set up would be next on the list to purchase/get fitted, then this would essentially leave the turbo and rods which wouldnt be a problem as all the supporting mods would already be in place, so get them into place take it steady for a bit then get it to bill at badger5 for mapping.

this is the plan anyway :)

bbt k300 turbo £775

leon cupra R injectors £60

ported k03s manifold £70

sytec fuel pump £72

vr6 clutch/g60 flywheel £200

fmic "wellycooler"/map adaptor £225

forged rods  £480

custom 3" exhaust system matched upto current 3" decat downpipe £390

mapping £390

• Like 2

bit of a boring update the car has its m.o.t on friday 23rd october im quitely confident that it will pass no bother at all but with it having 152k on it it can be expected for some wear and tear.

another thing i forgot to add to my little list above was fk coilovers, ill only be dropping the car no more than 30mm so it keeps it as practical as possible but give it a more planted look and a bit tighter handling wise :)

Sounds like a proper setup you're going for there. Should be very fun to drive after all that is fitted...keep it subtle so you can surprise the unsuspecting sports cars in the area though ;)

hi matey thanks for the reply, should be great fun when done for sure its going be a slowly but surely progress but rest assured it will get there. Defo staying subtle the only difference visually will be the backbox and lowered suspension :)

Sorry to Hi jack but where is this Down n out show, interested as I'm a fellow stokey haha

its at the bleeding wolf in scholar green mate next one is on november 8th if your interested? i should be going just as long as the wife hasnt dropped the baby by then ;)

• Like 1

well guys the modding for the 300+ project is starting earlier than expected, the car is going in next month for a custom 3" bore exhaust system :) this will join up to my existing 3" decat downpipe. im not going for anything loud and boomy or intrusive just something so i know its there with a nice note to it.

i will try my best to get a few pics of the system for anyone interested 

• Like 1

well things are moving a bit quicker than expected my exhuast builder gave me a call yesterday afternoon to tell me he had a cancellation on saturday 24th october so my car will be going to him then :) he has explained with it being a 3" system it will be louder than a 2.5" but will do whats possible to silence it to something suitable. 

• Like 1

its now the day of the cars M.O.T hopefully it should go through without anything major, i do know it could do with a track rod end on passenger side though.

tomorrow i have got to be up at silver systems for 9am to get my custom 3" bore exhaust system built and fitted to the car, really looking forward to this clear.png

Good luck hope it flys through for you and you just getting a straight pipe to back box ?

thanks matey, iv also got a spare dogbine mount what iv fitted the powerflex poly bushes in this morning whilst dropping the car off as i needed the use of a vice.

and absolutely not going for a straight pipe i have got to have some resonance to the system, been there and done it with systems that make your ears bleed want it have a nice tone without being in your face. 

Yep the drone is horrible and the welding was done by Stevie wonder I think

But I have a bung that I can put in the back box to silence it a bit, doesn't look right and it seems to make the car hold back on power, once I have a second box welded in the centre section (first is the back box) then I should be happy with it but not sure if I will get a box to fit in to the exhaust tunnel as the 3 inch pipe already looks big in there

• Like 1