Do you have a policy with Car Care Plan (Skoda) or CSMA Club Car Warranty Care Plan? Read this

It is indeed ! There is a guy on piston heads thats is considering court action following a refusal to fix his 65k engine .

I have a CCP policy through Lex Autolease/Car Select that gives coverage of up to £1m and says that the engine is covered for all faults except leaks, pitted/sticking valves and aux belts so I have been watching this thread with interest.

Thanks for your perseverance and glad you got a good result.

73s

Mike 

It is indeed ! There is a guy on piston heads thats is considering court action following a refusal to fix his 65k engine .

That would be me.

Just came over to update the other thread that I've reached an agreement with Skoda.

• Like 2

Something which may be of interest to people looking at Warranties. I bought a Warranty Wise warranty for my Octavia vRS when I had it, and I emailed them before I did...

Hello

I currently own a Skoda Octavia, almost 3 years old, with only 15000 miles. As one might expect at this age and mileage it has so far remained problem free. Since I intent to keep the vehicle for several more years and as the manufacturers warranty is due to expire, for peace of mind I would like to purchase an extended warranty. I am considering purchasing one your warranties, but I wonder if you could please clarify something for me before I do.

In the main these cars are reliable, but as with all vehicles there are particular problems that can occur. The more minor items costing in the hundreds of pounds are of no concern, and I would opt to pay and excess on the policy. However there are two particular issues that have been known to occur on my model of vehicle, and I wanted clarify whether they would be covered by your warranty.

The first item is the automatic gearbox which has been known to cause trouble, in that is stops shifting properly. This can mean that either a new mechatronic unit (ECU) is required, or in some cases a repaired/new gearbox. In both cases this is quite costly, 3 to 5 thousand pounds.

The second item is the timing chain tensioner. On a small number of Volkswagen group vehicles with the same engine, the tensioner has been known to fail as the engine is switched off (unknown to the driver), allowing the timing chain to slip. When the engine is next started the pistons contact the valves causing major engine damage, resulting in the need for a rebuilt/new engine at a cost in the region of £5000.

As my vehicle gets older and covers more miles, potential failure of these two items in particular is of concern to me when the cost of repair is considered.

Assuming of course that the vehicle has been properly serviced, would these items be covered by your warranty, even given the fact that on this particular vehicle they have been known to fail, and may even have been modified on later vehicles?

The two items above are the only areas on concern I have with my vehicle, and if you could confirm that these items would be covered by your warranty, I would have no hesitation in purchasing a policy.

Thank you.

Joe

Their reply...

I have clarified your 2 queries with one of our technicians and he has advised that both circumstances would be covered by our warranty, as long as all routine maintenance and servicing is carried out in line with the manufacturers recommendations.  Our warranties cover for the failure of mechanical and electrical parts of your vehicle.  You may wish to see page 11 of the attached plan booklet for full details of parts excluded.  This will confirm we don’t cover failures caused by accident damage, incorrect servicing, neglect or misuse etc..

I never had to claim under the warranty so I can't comment on how good or bad they are in that respect. 

• Like 3

Something which may be of interest to people looking at Warranties. I bought a Warranty Wise warranty for my Octavia vRS when I had it, and I emailed them before I did...

Hello

I currently own a Skoda Octavia, almost 3 years old, with only 15000 miles. As one might expect at this age and mileage it has so far remained problem free. Since I intent to keep the vehicle for several more years and as the manufacturers warranty is due to expire, for peace of mind I would like to purchase an extended warranty. I am considering purchasing one your warranties, but I wonder if you could please clarify something for me before I do.

In the main these cars are reliable, but as with all vehicles there are particular problems that can occur. The more minor items costing in the hundreds of pounds are of no concern, and I would opt to pay and excess on the policy. However there are two particular issues that have been known to occur on my model of vehicle, and I wanted clarify whether they would be covered by your warranty.

The first item is the automatic gearbox which has been known to cause trouble, in that is stops shifting properly. This can mean that either a new mechatronic unit (ECU) is required, or in some cases a repaired/new gearbox. In both cases this is quite costly, 3 to 5 thousand pounds.

The second item is the timing chain tensioner. On a small number of Volkswagen group vehicles with the same engine, the tensioner has been known to fail as the engine is switched off (unknown to the driver), allowing the timing chain to slip. When the engine is next started the pistons contact the valves causing major engine damage, resulting in the need for a rebuilt/new engine at a cost in the region of £5000.

As my vehicle gets older and covers more miles, potential failure of these two items in particular is of concern to me when the cost of repair is considered.

Assuming of course that the vehicle has been properly serviced, would these items be covered by your warranty, even given the fact that on this particular vehicle they have been known to fail, and may even have been modified on later vehicles?

The two items above are the only areas on concern I have with my vehicle, and if you could confirm that these items would be covered by your warranty, I would have no hesitation in purchasing a policy.

Thank you.

Joe

Their reply...

I have clarified your 2 queries with one of our technicians and he has advised that both circumstances would be covered by our warranty, as long as all routine maintenance and servicing is carried out in line with the manufacturers recommendations.  Our warranties cover for the failure of mechanical and electrical parts of your vehicle.  You may wish to see page 11 of the attached plan booklet for full details of parts excluded.  This will confirm we don’t cover failures caused by accident damage, incorrect servicing, neglect or misuse etc..

I never had to claim under the warranty so I can't comment on how good or bad they are in that respect. 

I also bought a Warranty Wise plan in case anything happened but before doing so also got confirmation that should the tensioner fail it will all be covered under the warranty :)

Because it covers twice as much by the sound of it.

Mine cost £930 ish for 3 years top level cover, which is far more comprehensive than the Skoda one.