Is my 2010 Scout a duff! Feedback please

I really am beginning to loose the will with my scout, it's problems and trust in the dealer. (remaining nameless at this time).

1. Had 6spd manual gearbox repaired, but 3 weeks on it still feels the same, difficult at times to get 1st gear, now reverse and it snatches at 2nd gear. Where do I go next, as synchro supposedly replaced and had new clutch, but it not right. They say they can't notice anything , but driving all time drives you bloody crazy as smooth at odd times then difficult to select again or snatches. Actually wish I hadn't bothered to have it looked at in first place!

2. Then I had the car back a week and tbloody EGR valve playing up, resulting in new EGR.

All sounds great as warranty supposedly covering costs, but then in last 4 wks car been in garage 2.5 of them!!

3. Now upon collection after EGR repair I am told Haldex pump fault logged on vagcom. And to keep eye on it. Fault attached 5c685a4a8d1231836e1e9cf5eee1de11.jpg

So this really leaves me in doubt with the my scout and the dealer as I have had more trouble with this 60 plate, 60k 2 litre diesel, in last 4 wks than I did in 4 years of 1.9 PD passat.

I would be interested to hear/ meet any FL scout owners near B45 Bromsgrove that would be willing to test drive my car and let me drive theirs to see if there manual gearbox is as bad.

I know most cars have faults but really what are chances if all these happing at same time, I have few doubts about helpful dealer!!! So I would appreciate feedback from scout owners in general if they have also had similar issues EGR, gearbox and haldex on what I class as a low mileage car!!!

It would also be helpful to plug it in to somebodies vagcom, other than the dealers, who I am beginning not to trust. :(

Is this from a franchised main Skoda dealer?

The mileage on the VAGCOM report although in Km's seems high?

For what it is worth our 2008 Scout with 50,000 miles has not experienced any of the issues you describe.

We did have a notchy gearbox when cold (1st to 2nd) but fresh gearbox oil cured that one. It really is a very smooth and precise gear change so it sounds as though yours needs taking back.

Has the car got a towbar, has it been used to tow? This can be hard on the gearbox.

Any signs of off-road use, previous owner a farmer or vet etc? Scout's that see a lot of off-road use or live close to the coast tend to see the Haldex pump housings corroding resulting in water ingress with intermittent faults and eventual failure.

Finally what sort of service history has it got? Make sure the Haldex oil has been renewed. At more than 40K / 3 years old it should have been changed at least once by now - a common oversight during most routine servicing, even at main dealers.

There are a lot of used Scouts out there now that are ex-emergency services, Paramedic cars being the most common, and we are talking hundreds here by the way. They all have a tough life but I'd imagine they would see more than 60K before being retired and would certainly never again see a main dealers forecourt...

For what it is worth our 2008 Scout with 50,000 miles has not experienced any of the issues you describe.

Never mind 50,000 miles, at 131,000 my Scout has not experienced any of those issues.

Is this from a franchised main Skoda dealer?

The mileage on the VAGCOM report although in Km's seems high?

We did have a notchy gearbox when cold (1st to 2nd) but fresh gearbox oil cured that one. It really is a very smooth and precise gear change so it sounds as though yours needs taking back.

Has the car got a towbar, has it been used to tow? This can be hard on the gearbox.

Any signs of off-road use, previous owner a farmer or vet etc? Scout's that see a lot of off-road use or live close to the coast tend to see the Haldex pump housings corroding resulting in water ingress with intermittent faults and eventual failure.

Finally what sort of service history has it got? Make sure the Haldex oil has been renewed. At more than 40K / 3 years old it should have been changed at least once by now - a common oversight during most routine servicing, even at main dealers.

There are a lot of used Scouts out there now that are ex-emergency services, Paramedic cars being the most common, and we are talking hundreds here by the way. They all have a tough life but I'd imagine they would see more than 60K before being retired and would certainly never again see a main dealers forecourt...

It does seem high - that's nearly 220,000 miles

Good spot silver 1011

My car had got 66, 176 miles on clock or 106, 500 km on the printed haldex report page at top but haldex mileage states 3,618,101 km. How could that be ??

I don't believe that the car has ever towed anything, or really had a hard life. It was a one owner car before me from Kidderminster and Skoda dealer history, haldex was done around 42 k miles too, which is over the recommended 37k, but it has been done. I planned to get it done again at 74k.

I plan to take the car back to dealer, but want to bench mark it against another 6 speed scout. It ain't right!!

Just looked on an old report and can anybody tell me what the VCID is, because it is different on the 2 reports!!!! Part no SW and HW the same, no mileage on first, but ok at 50k miles VCID one ID number and then later another number on latest report??

I am beginning to get concerned this part has been swapped without my permission!!!!

Edited by snig71

Just looked on an old report and can anybody tell me what the VCID is, because it is different on the 2 reports!!!! Part no SW and HW the same, no mileage on first, but ok at 50k miles VCID one ID number and then later another number on latest report??

I am beginning to get concerned this part has been swapped without my permission!!!!

Found this-

No, it's not a factory serial number. It is a control module specific ID generated by VC(DS) which helps us improve the product and provide more accurate support.

I have the same module as you and Ross Tech have a newer update out now than the one used on your car.

A couple of weeks ago I sent them a  file for the controller and now where it say Lablels: redir fail! there will be a proper file. I think it gives a few more options available for looking at it.

PS my VCID is different to yours.

Edited by Tinbum

Tinbim

But should the VCID change between scans?

Is VCID code the ID of the haldex unit or the vagcom, as I am not at home to check scans on other sections.

I'm afraid I don't know.

The best way to check, I guess, would be to use two different VCDS on the same vehicle and see if the VCID is the same or different. Pehaps someone on here has had their  vehicle done at two different places and knows the control unit was the same at both scans. I don't think it would matter what control unit it was.

I'll have to check when I get back home, suspicion raised over mileage against my haldex unit km compared to car mileage, I would have thought it would be the same and then I noticed the VCID is different. Makes me wonder if my haldex unit had been swapped?

I just checked two logs for the same car which were a month apart. VCID numbers are different for both logs. I know there's been nothing replaced on the car.

According to Uwe, "It is a control module specific ID generated by VCDS which helps us improve the product and provide more accurate support."

Thanks rustynuts

Does anybody know why the haldex km is some 33.97 times greater than the vehicles km.

And is any scout owner willing to meet me to test drive their car and my car around a car park or something to see and feel what a proper 6spd box should behave like?

Give me a message mate, I live in Droitwich so really close to you.. might be able to meet you and have a look?

My 2011 Scout has 102,000 miles and drives spot on... so would be interesting to see yours as a comparison

Edited by REH17

I have a MY2007 4x4 and my haldex controller shows up as 1K0 907 554 F, which seems to be a newer revision than the OP's so maybe it has been changed. Also I am using the latest beta of VCDS - 15.3.0 and that has a label file for the controller. I don't have any faults logged though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Trundlenut

Does you VCDS scan show mileage on your haldex and is this different to the vehicle? Surely the haldex should be the same as the car mileage surely if it is the original part ?

Trundlenut

Does you VCDS scan show mileage on your haldex and is this different to the vehicle? Surely the haldex should be the same as the car mileage surely if it is the original part ?

Without a fault logged no it doesn't, not on an autoscan anyway.

Interesting, mine hasn't got mileage reports from earlier scans. I never noticed it originally silver 1011 did, but it raised the question.

My car just seems to having issue after issue, which puts doubt and raises trust on the dealer. I hadn't even got the car back after EGR failure and they said I had this haldex issue.

It will be going back in in next week or so for the gearbox repair they supposedly have done , but this will be after I have sorted a test drive with REH17. This will at least give me a bench mark on my gearbox and what it should be like. The gearbox changes have actually got worse this last 2 weeks, clutch pedal seems to have risen significantly and brakes seem a little spongy. Perhaps they haven't bled it correctly or something is wrong on hydraulic circuit. Do you know if VCDS checks the brake circuits and reports if there are any pressure issues?

Edited by snig71

So a couple of possibilities then.

1. My car has had a replacement haldex unit under warranty

2. The report on paper is false and they trying to get more work at garage.

3. Some bstard has swopped my original unit for one that has done 3 x my cars mileage. Hope not

Does the haldex have a serial number like the engine or gearbox?

Edited by snig71

Never mind 50,000 miles, at 131,000 my Scout has not experienced any of those issues.

I can only say that sometimes the gears aren't as slick to change on Destiny (Scout) as they are on Nelly (1.9 Elegance), but that could just be me not slowing down enough to change down into first. Not experienced any of the other issues mentioned.

(Oh, if we're playing Trumps then.....) 168,000 miles, 07 plate :) :p

Personally, I'd save the report and clear the errors and do a weekly scan ;)

That's the issue Rainbow Fire the scan concerned was given to me by the garage and has raised all the concerns in the 1st place as they said it needed a haldex pump. So as per my last post and based on what others have said.

The haldex unit has been replaced or the report is false or my unit has been swopped with out my concent all based on the mileage not matching the car.

I would do a weekly scan if I had VCDS and it would assist in seeing if I have still got the fault and if mileage is still being reported.

Anybody in B45 Bromsgrove area that can do a scan for a pint?

Edited by snig71