Skoda superb 2,0 elegance

Can someone tell me if they have a spare alloy wheel as standard or do they just have a normal steel wheel?

No. All you get is a spray can and a compressor. A spare was an optional extra

Paid a bit extra to get one in mine when I ordered the car, the repair kits are very good, and will repair quite a large puncture... BUT will not help if you get a blow out.... 

I had read that some manufacturers had started to swap the option round, standard spare and the kit as an option..

Thankfully the Irish importers include the proper spare as standard. The full sized steel spare (albeit 16") has always been standard on any Skodas I've had. If it wasn't in the car I'd be looking to have it included in the deal or they wouldn't be getting my business!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankfully the Irish importers include the proper spare as standard. The full sized steel spare (albeit 16") has always been standard on any Skodas I've had. If it wasn't in the car I'd be looking to have it included in the deal or they wouldn't be getting my business!

Not standard on our 2013 1.6 TDi.  It was an ex-Skoda fleet car and doesn't even have a jack or wheel brace.

16 " Standard steel spare on new Elegance I bought last week.

Would have been happy enough with spacesaver but not spray and compressor,

The two punctures I've had over the last two years would have left me stranded without a spare.

Yes, have the space, but no spare.  I'll have to get one as my wife does a long run at least every month.

Could be that it was a Skoda fleet car so ordered with the lowest possible spec.  Oil changes were done as required, but in Advance rather than a Skoda dealer.  Tyres are also different on back and rear.  Only noticed that today.  Kumhos on the front and a brand that I've never heard of on the rear.  We bought it a couple of weeks ago from a main dealer with 80k kms on the clock.  In perfect knick otherwise.

Yes, have the space, but no spare. I'll have to get one as my wife does a long run at least every month.

Could be that it was a Skoda fleet car so ordered with the lowest possible spec. Oil changes were done as required, but in Advance rather than a Skoda dealer. Tyres are also different on back and rear. Only noticed that today. Kumhos on the front and a brand that I've never heard of on the rear. We bought it a couple of weeks ago from a main dealer with 80k kms on the clock. In perfect knick otherwise.

That doesn't say much for Skoda if they serviced it at Advance rather than through their own dealers! When you say Skoda fleet was it used by the dealers? I've driven some of the Skoda owned cars and they can be rough to say the least! Bog standard spec usually and driven hard - full of rattles, filthy dirty inside, stained/torn seats and bits literally falling off them even if it's only a few months old! You were lucky to get a decent one then.

That doesn't say much for Skoda if they serviced it at Advance rather than through their own dealers! When you say Skoda fleet was it used by the dealers? I've driven some of the Skoda owned cars and they can be rough to say the least! Bog standard spec usually and driven hard - full of rattles, filthy dirty inside, stained/torn seats and bits literally falling off them even if it's only a few months old! You were lucky to get a decent one then.

Maybe Skoda UK have a different policy but my Elegance was in great condition  when I bought it, 9 months old, 5k miles & with a few nice options, (park assist, privacy glass, 16" full-size spare, auto-dim mirror, bluetooth & a 3-spoke MFW with paddles....)

Registered keeper Skoda UK, but with the users home address left in the Sat Nav, & no it wasn't near Milton Keynes either.

Perhaps I was lucky with my cars original user-chooser, but I've seen 2 Skoda Area Sales reps in Skoda dealers & they were both driving L&K's, which aren't terribly bog-standard either..... 

DC

I think SUK may have different policies alright. You won't see and L&Ks in Ireland driven as fleet cars, in fact you won't find many around anywhere in Ireland!. The policy here is generally to keep any fleet/dealer/demo cars at mid spec, lower engines, neutral colours so that they can be shifted on easy enough - now maybe that differs with some dealers but makes sense I suppose. It doesn't mean they shouldn't look after them though [emoji35]

My understanding was that the car we purchased was used by Skoda Ireland, not a dealer.  Oil changes were done as required and was serviced before we purchased it from the dealer.  Skoda may look on the oil changes as being so straight forward that they may as well get Advance to do them rather than take up customer spots in their dealer network.  There were a few marks on the outside of the car, but the inside is like new and it drives perfectly.