I'm doing a bit of writing for an NZ car website

RobClubley

post-84511-0-78636900-1463593532_thumb.jpg

On a more serious note though -

i agree with what she said. But... i dunno would i call it a rant. She voiced her opinion on a topic, which doesnt just apply to motorsport. Look at the level of funding and coverage of any womens sport event compared to the male equivelent. Football for example..

i think the only exceptions might be tennis and gymnastics, why? Well lets face it, they dont wear much so get good coverage.

Maybe motor sport should introduce pit-boys in the interest of gender equality?? Like the ring boy in that pot noodle ad? That was a rather surprising comment on gender stereotypes..

• Like 2

There is an interesting interview with Claire Williams here It's like a Richard Curtis short film :D

There is an extreme amount of flirting going on between the interviewer and herself and to be honest they make an attractive couple, if you see what I mean (they are not together....I think :D). But when I think about it, why shouldn't a woman flirt with a man and still be seen to be 'in charge'. After all it doesn't lessen a man and his authority if he flirts, so really it should work both ways. More women in motorsport please :)

Sorry for the slight OT

• Like 1

Nearest one is the Colorado. I think I'd drown.

A few months ago the roads here flooded whilst I had the Mustang V8. 

I spun it across oncoming traffic before I could find the Rain/Snow mode for the ECU.

The F150 is a much more versatile and safer vehicle - probably not as indestructible as a Hilux though.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

I just found and spammed the Auto Tests section :D

Also went back and fixed a lot of the broken links in this thread.

I did just see the massive spam attack on the auto test section :D

• 4 weeks later...

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I hope he/she appreciates what they has received :/

He does! You should have seen the stack of paperwork he got with it - a 6cm deep pile of receipts for everything, every Warrant of Fitness cert it's had, all of the tax discs and NZ rego cards, and about a 10cm pile of printouts of manuals and how-to guides. Plus a Haynes manual, the original purchase receipt for the car, both keys and that little tag that can let you unlock/start the car without keys, and a box of spare bits. I even left my dashcam in for him as he asked me to record the drive up. Haven't processed that yet, will make a timelapse.

When you buy a car in NZ normally you're lucky to even get the manual and half the time they're in Japanese.

• Like 1