Ingram Ayr.

DGW

• 5 months later...

I got my Fabia VRS yesterday from Ingram, Ayr, and have no complaints so far. Within half an hour of my email enquiry I got a phone call from Brian Docherty in sales! The deal was negotiated quickly and I feel it was a fair one. My black magic VRS has xenon lights so had to come from the factory. Brian kept me aware of progress from the factory, container ship, etc. until it arrived in Ayr. One point in their favour was that they will collect and deliver my Fabia when it is due for service, about a 60 mile round trip. They told me they will do this without me asking.

• 5 months later...

Well I should be driving a brand new Octavia estate L&K 2.0tdi with DSG, but apparently 24hrs before delivery and after the car had been pdi'd Ingram's suddenly found out that they had apparently ordered the wrong car. As a result I was offered an Octavia Elegance Est with some very strange options fitted instead.

Unsurprisingly I refused the car and was then told they had already registered the car with my private No plate!

As the L&K is a factory order I now I have their Octavia demonstrator to use until MID NOVEMBER! it will probably be a very well used demonstrator by the time it goes back

Happy??? no not very. Fair do's they have provided me a car and whilst no doubt this mistake has cost them dear I can't help thinking that someone in Ayrshire is driving round in my L&K whilst I was offered that persons cancelled order.

So if and when the L&K finally turns up I'll have been waitiing since May, so only 5 months wait to get my car,. I only hope it's worth the wait.

Why do us company car drivers always get the cr**py end of the stick?

So Ingrams, so far 1 out of 10, Would I have got the demonstrator if the lease company hadn't gone to war with them?? we'll never know. but would you recommend them if it was your own private purchase they co**ed up?? I think not.

They haven't even made contact to either explain or apologise. I appreciate I am not their direct customer but I'm pretty sure they know where the car is going and the name of our company (Paisley based) so how much trouble would it be?

• 2 months later...

It was a while ago but jim clark was nothing but helpful. total contrast to my previous days experiences in glasgow.

not pushy at all and a lengthy lengthy test drive. sorted out all minir niggles with the car for collection and still chuffed to bits.

top blokes!!!

• 3 months later...

Ordered a Fabia VRS Special Edition 2 weeks ago salesman Charles Kennedy, I was not offered a lot on my trade in or given any advice or information on getting my preferred number option on the seat other than you will probably get what you get. However an easy unpressurised sale, time will tell if the product and their service are up to scratch. Stay tuned for another thrilling instalment!:confused:

• 1 month later...

Sales staff at this dealership were helpful, sourcing a 2007 Superb 140PD Elegance reasonably quickly. Unfortunately the car developed an internal coolant leak at around 2000 miles and less than eight weeks old - service dept could not find leak and handed car back after 2 days - car ran for a further few weeks and coolant loss continued and the car refused to start if left on a gradient, returned this to the garage for a full week after which they decided the turbocharger was to blame as it was "full of water". A couple of weeks after this was returned, the coolant loss continued and white smoke (with antifreeze smell through air-con) was produced after an hour or so on the motorway - car unceremoniously trailored back to dealer (shining valiantly in defiance courtesy of a valet the previous day)- that's the last we have seen of it for over 5 weeks now - last we heard water leak was still there and lambda sensor needed as engine management system was reporting an emissions fault.- poor and inconsistent communication and dreadful service prevailed. Suggest folks avoid this model until gremlins are sorted out (should be as understand the engine is resident in the Passat and A4).:mad: :mad: :mad: Will report further in due course on the saga - not bad for a brand new car in January 6.5 weeks in the garage and over 8 weeks unavailable for driving out of a total possible of 19 - that beats the old BL cars may quite a degree!

• 2 weeks later...

Been talking to salesman Richard Percy on and off over last few months about replacing my 04 black Fabia VRS with a newer model or the SE, Richard has always been helpful, never pushy.

I eventually decided to go for the VRS SE and luckily secured the last of their allocation a couple of weeks ago. And I'm now due to pick it up next Friday, just can't wait.

So if your in the market for a new / second-hand Skoda ( or Audi approved, they sell both ) in the southwest Scotland area, go talk to Richard Percy.

• 3 weeks later...

Further to my earlier post, the position with the Superb has now been resolved by Skoda kindly working out a solution with the dealer to replace the car. After nearly three months wrangling I had lost the will to live, now back in a comfortable seat and keeping fingers crossed as I near the mileage threshold where all went wrong before - I should really have greater faith but it is going to take a lot to get me convinced - I still have an open mind and so far the new car is performing well. ;)

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I have just purchased a Superb 2.5 V6 Tdi from this branch at a very good price which I think may have been the above car.

Glad to see it's finally moved on. :thumbup:

As said before it was so comfy to travel in, swmbo was just commenting on way down from Aberdeen on Sunday night that it was much comfier than current Octy. Hoping they do a superb estate and I'll jump at it if it's similar characteristics to current model, and back on topic would use Ayr again, even if it is an 80 mile round trip for me.

BTW they also do pick up and drop off for servicing, although I'll prob just use Henry's (South) in Glasgow

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I have to laugh at the above comment about Ingrams being desperate to sell cars.

Having bought my first ever Skoda from them back in July 2005, an Octavia 2.0TDI Elegance Estate DSG, it went out of warranty a month or two ago. I was very happy with the car and wasn't sure whether to keep it with an extended warranty, or replace it. I'd checked online Autotrader and the Skoda site and there were a few nearly new/demos about, but nothing in Scotland. I phoned Charlie Kennedy and told him that I was considering nearly new or brand new, brand new being attractive as there was a 5.5% deal available. He said that in theory it was possible to get a nearly used one but there weren't many around. We had another conversation a week or so later and he said he'd have a look around and see exactly what was available.

Well that was several weeks ago and there has been no word back from him, so the outcome is that I've now ordered a new car from another dealer!

But the bottom line is that if Charlie Kennedy had done what another Skoda salesman did, then Ingrams may well have got my repeat business. I suspect Alex Ingram wouldn't be too pleased to hear about my experience!!

I would suspect not. They will be more interested in freeing up working capital than selling a new or sourcing a nearly new vehicle from somewhere else. I struggled to find an octavia estate elegance in my price range and they were the only garage in UK at that time, and because they had the car fell over backwards to help me buy it.

• 10 months later...

:) NB Skoda buyers in Ayrshire :)

I recently purchased a new Fabia 2 and Superb II Elegance TSI DSG from Drew at Ingram Ayr. Both Drew Duncan and Malcolm (Ingram) were very open and helpful.

I had purchased several cars through the Internet brokers in the past and was comfortable to do so again. So I gave Malcolm my best firm written quotes and said that for the ease and comfort of buying from my local dealer I would be prepared to pay a small premium. With the cost to change as the key figure (one of my Px would have been very hard to shift in a Private Sale).

Several no pressure test drives were given in several different models. They were very patient while I explored the deals on offer from every angle. Once it was established that I was indeed a genuine buyer they came in with a very competitive offer less than

• 1 month later...

Was given the Keys to their Scout demo yesterday. Salesman Stuart D#ick very relaxed and welcoming gave us the keys and sent us off. Unaccompanied test drive the best way in my opinion.

Thanks Stuart. Communication with you has been good during my various enquiries. Kept me informed but do not seem pushy. A hard thing to balance IMO

Unfortunately struggled with comfort issue of the Scout so made a tough decision even tougher.

Still deciding

Have decided on V50

Edited by loskie

• 1 month later...

Picked up my silver Fabia VRS from Ingram Skoda in Ayr two weeks ago and my what a car. My salesman for the day was Drew and i have to say he has probably been one of thee best salesman i have ever dealt with. He was not pushy at all and gave me plenty of space to think things over and gave me everything i asked even the life shine for free BIG THANKS for that.

Now on to the after care which i am unsure about when i got the car home and the wife jumped into the passenger seat we found that the door trim was broken and that the window switch would not work after a call to the garage they took car in and ordered new switch and trim once again BIG THANKS BUT i have a problem with the steering when you let go of the steering wheel the car veers to the left twice i have had the car in to them and twice they took it for a test drive and came back with nothing even went as far as to say it didnt pull at all and that did i realise with the massive torque it would pull slightly to the left when i accelerate (do they think am daft) i tested it on way home at various speeds without accelerating and guess what it still does it.

Sorry to say, but I think I will be taking the car elsewhere to someone to appreciates the business! Deutchtek? after the warranty expires. Ayr or Glasgow. Ingram as a mere customer seem only happy to sell you a car. I bought a VRS Octy from Ingrams and still have had no copy of the work done under warranty despite asking twice, this was about a month ago.I still have concerns over a few things and would the like the invoice as proof incase things go tts up. They stated it would be sent out to me in the post Still waiting... Great Product , Crap Service! 2 quotes on additional parts and labour without an answer.

Shame as the product is so good.

Edited by czechsmasher
facts no names mentioned

• 2 months later...

Went to Ingram in Ayr last Monday as left channel of Bolero system had started to distort. Bearing in mind I'd bought the car from Silbury and Ingrams did not know me from Adam.

Bring the car in 10.30 on Wed they said. I arrived at 10.05. Was given the car back at 10.30 " we ordered a new speaker just in case so you would not need to make a double trip" Car fixed, 20 mins no quibbles.

First class service I'd say. Nice one Ingrams:thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

Just picked up a second hand fabia 1.9 tdi elegance from ingrams the salesman was Stewart **** . I can say like one of the above comments we turned up and stewart was very polite and sent us off for an unaccompanied test drive which i think again is the best way . Was not at all pushy and not at all smary like most sales persons tend to be . Would recommend Stewart to any one looking at purchasing a car and infact might end buying another from him next year

• 3 months later...

Hello Ayrshire (pot hole capital of the west of Scotland) Skoda owners

Well it's one year on from buying a pair of cars from Ingram's (Drew) and I haven't needed to go back which in it's self says how good the product is.

I took my wifes's fabia in for a first year service (£65) last week it was done very quickly and I was looked after by a very attentive service advisor Tom May. The only quibble was that the car had been washed, but not very well. It had been pretty dirty, but they had missed most of the back and the sills on both sides. I know you can do better than that Ingram.

I also made an inquiry with Tom about the free servicing that was included with my Superb and told that it would be done as agreed in the next few weeks as my car was delivered a wee bit later than the Fabia. I also mentioned that the fog-lamps were misting. Tom said "it's a problem we are aware of and have a stock of replacement lamps ready to change them as the cars come in for service". He also said there was a small welding modification to be done to the boot mechanism, despite me having no problems with it so far. This attention to detail is why Skoda Dealers fair so well in the JD Power surveys.

In my post here last year, I mentioned that I had not received the sat nav disc for my Superb when taking delivery, as there was about to be a change. It was agreed at that time to supply one later. I haven't had time or the need to go back to Ingram's so I will ask for it at the annual service and see what version I'm offered.

The latest according to ROBDAN in the superb II forum is "part number by the bar code is AAN 000 067, the description on the rear is "Europe West (V6) A2C53389065". It is in a Skoda box but listed on the back as compatible with RNS 510, RNS 810 and Seat Mediasystem"

I will let you know what I get. *********************

P.S I noticed that there was not a not a lot of new stock in the showroom they are either selling everything quickly or are there more supply problems following the scrapage and VAT deals?

Edited by DGW
Off topic mention of pothole reporting removed.

• 1 month later...

Re the above (24):

Sat Nav Version 6.1 disc was ordered and arrived no problem. I also asked for a blue-tooth pairing problem to be looked at, which on other threads members seems to think may be caused by a problem with the ignition switch. This too was ordered and changed without any fuss. Blue-tooth working perfectly again but it's early days and it was an intermittent fault. anyway

There is also and annoying rattle from the b pillar. They have changed a few bits but it has come back after only a dozen miles or so.

All in all though, another calm and fuss free visit to Ingrams.

• 8 months later...

Negotiated a deal for my VRS SE in December. No pressure & a fair PX for my Fiesta. Picked car up in early January, highlighted that I thought there might be an issue with the rear footwells. I was booked in to have this looked at but thought there wasn't an issue. However, with all the heavy wind & rain last week it became apparent that the problem exists. I emailed ingram at the weekend & by Monday was contacted about the issue. My car was picked up from Home 1st thing the next day & returned the same day in the evening - one of the manager's stays only a few miles away.

To say I am please with the experience so far would be an understatement. Ingram have bent over backwards to help, advise & accommodate me.

Oh & the accelerator cable was sticking so that got done at the same time too :-)