Lewis Hamilton's brother racing an Audi S3 in BTCC.

vrskeith

Nothing wrong with being at the back.

"It's the taking part"

Indeed, without the rich guys paying hundreds of thousands per year to prop up the team finances in exchange for a seat the BTCC as we know it wouldn't exist.

This isn't aimed at any specific driver by the way.

I know a great driver desperate to get into the BTCC who has had a few guest races and done really well, winning one of them.

But until he finds 300k-400k money/sponsorship per year no seat.

Seems a shame to me.

• Like 2

He's living the dream and good luck to him. It must be difficult at times having a brother who is so gifted, but I bet on balance the upsides outweigh the downsides. I hope he has some success rather than ending up as an also ran.

Nothing wrong with being at the back.

"It's the taking part"

Didn't say there was anything wrong with it, just would have thought he would have been further forwards, seams strange that his brother has had so much thrown at him to get where he is but no one has done anything to help him like that.

Didn't say there was anything wrong with it, just would have thought he would have been further forwards, seams strange that his brother has had so much thrown at him to get where he is but no one has done anything to help him like that.

I think if you understood his disabilities better you would appreciate just being on the circuit is a big thing! My sister has similar disabilities so I know fist hand what an achievement this is.

I also don't think Lewis was handed anything, his family had to fight to get him where he is, yes he was fortunate the McLaren took him under their wing, but they wouldn't have done so had he not been the best about.

• Like 1