swing radio & Bluetooth

So I have the above radio and I can't get my head around why I can't change a song when listening via Bluetooth with steering controls? If I am able to answer calls through the wheel then surely there is some way of getting it change track?! Anyone found a way to do it? Pfft frustrates me so much !

Exactly the same issue here mate.. My mrs's bran new scirocco does it.. And it's the same box looks like anyway.. I was stuck for ages on Bluetooth and couldn't see engine temp then finally realised how to get it back to the readings.. 3 months of looking at 'kippers galaxy' haha. Keep me posted if you find a way....... Thought it might just be my phone..

It's the same in my passat. I can do volume up and down and change from aux to Bluetooth to radio to cd but can't change a song so have to take hands off wheel to change or bear with wat ever song I had on at the time. Great idea for Bluetooth music but poorly executed.

• Like 1

Sorry for butting in, but can I ask how to tell if your car has the bluetooth option? Our mk2 Vrs seems to have the basic Swing radio fitted, and there is a small telephone icon on the left stalk at the steering wheel, but I have no idea whether we have bluetooth or not never mind know how to activate it. Anyone able to advise if specific models with Swing radio system have bluetooth while others don't? Apologies for being a technological numpty.

I think I may have found the answer to my own question, I'll copy the link here for others who may be struggling as well.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/sitecollectiondocuments/brochures/skodafabia-roomster-bluetooth-guide.pdf

Shame they don't mention whether the elegance spec in the description of the cars!

Yup same set up on mine. can only change a track with steering controls if playing a cd. It is annoying. On the vrs you if you plug in your phone to mdi connection, apparently it will change tracks if playing music through blue.

might be a little off topic, but i replaced my swing for a RNS315 which does let me change the track via bluetooth via my steeringwheel control the headunit and also the stalk buttons, not sure if this is just the unit letting me do this as the BT is built into the unit rather than being a separate box under the passenger seat.

Edited by raymundo

Never a problem for me as I don't tend to listen to music much in the car. When I listen to albums I always listen to them in full anyway and I rarely go far enough to outlast the average album :p.