Quick Towbar Compatibility Question

Was thinking about putting a towbar on the Fabia and I'd like an OEM one for ease of wiring - does anyone know which VAG bars/wiring kits are compatible with Mk1 Fabia Hatches? Was wondering if it was the same one for the Polo/Ibiza so I've a better chance of getting hold of one. Cheers.

Fabia mk1 VRS is not rated for towing so you shouldn't tow with one however a non vRS model can be used to tow

i towed my vxr with my ferby 300 miles drove and pulled fine

But it is however, strictly speaking, illegal, but you'd have to be bloody unlucky to get pulled over by someone who knows this.

Mk1 fabia, 6L ibiza and 9n polo all have the same towbar in hatchback form.

• Like 2

Think they are all the same. As they fit the estate as well. For the electrics I went to something marque's I seem to remember. Plug and play before 57 plate ones but you need a re code to get the warning light to work.

• Like 1

I know I'm a little old here, on a wired computer (terminal) and all like.... But the OP's sig states Fabia 2.0 MPi Elegance.

AFAIK only the VRS was not homologated for towing.

• Like 2