Octavia build dates for new orders

Order Update

I placed my order for a VRs Estate (petrol) on 12th December 2015 and was advised of an 18 - 20 week lead-time. (In fact they put Mid May as an estimated delivery on the order form) Spoke to the dealer today and it's now looking like the car is going into production mid Feb for delivery mid March which is an improvement of potentially 6 weeks ish.

Just thought I'd cheer up those who like me have ordered and were quoted 18 weeks+ there is hope it will come down a bit!

Got a call from my Dealer yesterday to say that mine (Vrs Hatch Petrol Man, Corrida Red with Black pack plus) had arrived !! Just been to do the ppwk and im picking it up on Thursday Morning !! Cant Wait !!  Took this picture today whilst they were taking all the white tape off.post-133939-0-79761000-1453208348_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Got a call from my Dealer yesterday to say that mine (Vrs Hatch Petrol Man, Corrida Red with Black pack plus) had arrived !! Just been to do the ppwk and im picking it up on Thursday Morning !! Cant Wait !!  Took this picture today whilst they were taking all the white tape off.attachicon.gifDSC_0001~2.JPG

Love the car Andy! I went for corrida red too and mine should look identical so thanks for posting the photo :)

What build week was yours? And would you mind taking more photos and posting when you receive yours please? 

Love the car Andy! I went for corrida red too and mine should look identical so thanks for posting the photo :)

What build week was yours? And would you mind taking more photos and posting when you receive yours please? 

Hi, Ordered on the 16th Oct so ive had to wait a while ! Build week was wk 1.  I couldn't find any pics of one in this colour/spec when i was waiting for mine so ill post more pics for you when i pick it up. :-)

Edited by andy7672

Hi, Ordered on the 16th Oct so ive had to wait a while ! Build week was wk 1.  I couldn't find any pics of one in this colour/spec when i was waiting for mine so ill post more pics for you when i pick it up. :-)

wow, build week one and receiving now is really quick progress i.e. 3-4 weeks from build to receiving car. Thanks for taking photos, its my first new car and I have worn out the internet googling for photos :)

wow, build week one and receiving now is really quick progress i.e. 3-4 weeks from build to receiving car. Thanks for taking photos, its my first new car and I have worn out the internet googling for photos :)

My first new car too !! and ive also worn out the internet looking for pics !!

Edited by andy7672
  • Like 1

Has anyone ordered the spacesave wheel with their vrs? Could nt believe the cost (£330.00)!!.  Can anyone suggest where i can get one from? Not bothered if its not a Skoda one, as long as it comes with the tool kit.

Also, i have the 19" wheels. Do i still need a 18" space saver wheel?

Just had a call to say mine has arrived  :D

Annoyingly, I organised to work away this week, so I won't be able to pop in to sort the paperwork until Saturday.

As mine is a lease, is there any reason why I can't sort the paperwork and pick it up on the same day?

Got the call this afternoon to say my car has been built and it will be available for collection on Thursday. Just got to sort paperwork out tomorrow. Nice surprise as the original quote was for a build week of 3 and a 12-16 week delivery. IF this happens, that will be an 8 week order to delivery wait so those who have been quoted 19+ weeks, you may not have to wait as long as you think.

Will post pictures once I get them.

• Like 2

Order Update

I placed my order for a VRs Estate (petrol) on 12th December 2015 and was advised of an 18 - 20 week lead-time. (In fact they put Mid May as an estimated delivery on the order form) Spoke to the dealer today and it's now looking like the car is going into production mid Feb for delivery mid March which is an improvement of potentially 6 weeks ish.

Just thought I'd cheer up those who like me have ordered and were quoted 18 weeks+ there is hope it will come down a bit!

Placed my order on the 26th November and was given a 13 weeks. Contacted dealer 2 weeks ago and was informed could be build week 3 but that obviously hasn't happened  :sweat: so delivery in March by looks of it. Oh well at least it will be new plate.

My first new car too !! and ive also worn out the internet looking for pics !!

Think I have read every single review of the vRS out there. Even being on the Skoda configurator site a few times just so I could see it from multiple angles   :nerd:

Edited by davitc
  • Like 2

I ordered on the 18th december and Ive contacted my dealer a couple of times now and he has given me a build week 5 so he reckons it could be here early march !

• Like 1

Order Update

Did you spec a car with lots of options out of interest? Just wondering if thats why there is such a variation in build weeks?

No I didn't, quite the opposite!

Same as me then, Ive gone for a 220 Tsi Manual in Quartz grey. The only option I chose was sunset glass.

Fingers crossed for you the time comes down.

Did you spec a car with lots of options out of interest? Just wondering if thats why there is such a variation in build weeks?

No, Just had the Black pack plus, Hope you get a date for yours soon.

I ordered my 1.6 TDI at the start of December. Picked it up last Saturday. It arrived at the dealer on the Thursday. PDI etc just took a day. Took just under 6 weeks in total.

I ordered a VRS 4x4 Estate in moon white with front parking sensors, spare wheel, privacy glass and Smartlink.

Ordered 16 Jan

Build week 11

Dealer estimates delivery in the last week of March (although I fully expect first week of April)

I ordered a Quartz grey Scout on 30th November with standard spec apart from spare wheel.

Dealer update shows car is built and on its way to UK.

I have been offered delivery of 2 weeks from now but prepared to wait until 1st March

Picking mine up on Monday :)

Ordered 8th November, and it arrived at the dealer earlier this week. 

I'm working away this week, so can't get to the dealer until Saturday to sort the paperwork etc. Looking forward now! 

Rallye green TSI DSG Hatch. Pics to follow next week.