Octavia build dates for new orders

Just found the following on a VW thread and wondering if is the same for Skoda, my guessing it is  :notme:

30- in transit from the factory.
36 and 38 - awaiting shipment from Emden.

Status 39 is on a boat from Germany to UK port
Status 40 is @ UK port (takes a few days to get through here, as each car has to be confirmed UK spec.
Status 60 means that a lorry has been allocated for delivery for a load and can take 2 days for lorry to leave port
Status 70 means it has arrived here, and needs to go through service before handover.

I had an email from the dealer this morning.

Car is built and is on its way to the dealership now, takes 3 to 4 weeks !!

You ordered shortly after me I remember and I've heard nothing from my dealer at all, so I shall be getting in touch this morning, would hope mine is at a similar stage, given I was originally told it would be April/May I wasn't chasing yet, but clearly should be!

• Like 1

You ordered shortly after me I remember and I've heard nothing from my dealer at all, so I shall be getting in touch this morning, would hope mine is at a similar stage, given I was originally told it would be April/May I wasn't chasing yet, but clearly should be!

I ordered on the 17th December and was originally told it would be 18 weeks.

I order my VRS on the 11th Jan and was told the build start would be week 8 (next week) with delivery around 2nd week of March. Just had to reconfirmed by the dealer this morning. However, they did also mention a shipment of 2000 cars was cancelled recently due to bad weather which could delay things a little. Hope not though

These times don't collate with my build week, I'd say they're wrong and haven't changed since I ordered mine.

I guess its a bit of pot luck.  I am on week 14 and today's update is the car is not even in the country.  So if it comes for the 1st of March it will be 17 weeks for my order..... 

Edited by pkoconnor

I order my VRS on the 11th Jan and was told the build start would be week 8 (next week) with delivery around 2nd week of March. Just had to reconfirmed by the dealer this morning. However, they did also mention a shipment of 2000 cars was cancelled recently due to bad weather which could delay things a little. Hope not though

I think week 8 is around 22nd Feb, I got confused because I compared it with my Outlook calendar.

Mine is waiting to be put on a ship  :sweat: .

Ordered 27th November so just in week 11 of the 13 quoted since order.

Edited by davitc

I am amazed but a little sceptical.

As previously posted, I ordered my vRS TDi hatch DSG on 23rd January and was subsequently told build week 8 (22nd Feb).

Had a call from the dealer this afternoon to tell me it's being built this week !! (Build week 6)

I hope they are looking at the right calendar - I won't complain though as at this rate I should be driving it early March.

But we will see................................

I am amazed but a little sceptical.

As previously posted, I ordered my vRS TDi hatch DSG on 23rd January and was subsequently told build week 8 (22nd Feb).

Had a call from the dealer this afternoon to tell me it's being built this week !! (Build week 6)

I hope they are looking at the right calendar - I won't complain though as at this rate I should be driving it early March.

But we will see................................

Mine is supposed to be Week 8 too, so I hope I'm in for some good news also... :)

I ordered my vRS hatch on the 30th December and was told 13-16 weeks until delivered. 6 weeks gone still at least 6 weeks left. I have been told it may arrive earlier... Nerve wracking :sweat:  :D

27/11/2015 - Ordered

21/01/2016 - Manufactured

8/02/2016 - in port waiting for ship 

11/02/2016 - On Ship apparently

Hope that is comforting news to anyone who ordered same sort of time

Im gettin worried hearing these dates! I ordered on the 19th of Jan, was given a week 9 date (so 28th feb onwards) and was hoping miud march collection :(

Meanwhile Im driving a car I hate, with two rapidly vanishing tyres and fighting the seemingly increasing negative equity wolf at the door!

Incidently, book price for my 2014 leon fr is £12,300. Loical dealer are pushing an identical one with more mikes for £15,599. Self inflating residuals much ha ha!

Placed my order for a Metallic Grey vRS (petrol) on 23rd December. I had a text message from Skoda UK on February 5th advising me that it was being built this week. I'm guessing an early March delivery. Apart from the paint the only extras are Canton, heated seats, Black pack, folding mirrors and spare wheel.

Placed my order for a Metallic Grey vRS (petrol) on 23rd December. I had a text message from Skoda UK on February 5th advising me that it was being built this week. I'm guessing an early March delivery. Apart from the paint the only extras are Canton, heated seats, Black pack, folding mirrors and spare wheel.

You had a text? That's pretty cool, would be nice to get that. I've had a few emails trying to build the hype up but nothing to actually give me any info on the progress.