Octavia build dates for new orders

Sorry if this has already been covered.

What is the usual timescale/order once an order has been placed?

I placed my lease order last Sunday (8th Nov), and the estimate was 12 weeks, but there is a Christmas shutdown to take into account. 

Presumably an official order number it the first thing, and then I'll be allocated a build slot/week?

How long after ordering should I expect to get an order number/build week? 

Can you tell I'm impatient?  :D (It's going to be a long couple of months)

Placed my order 21st September, was given a build week 44, and fingers crossed I'm picking it up next Friday which would be 9/10 weeks in total I think...

Will post up again when I've actually got it though to confirm.

• Like 1

My new Octavia 3 arrived today. Ordered on 4th Sept and quoted 8 weeks and was available to me on Nov 4th but I could not take delivery until today.

I was expecting it to be driven to me from Liverpool to Northampton but it turned up on a trailer.

Everything fine with the car except its got Dunlop SportMaxx tyres which I think are rubbish

Had an email last Thursday from lease company saying the car is due into the dealer this week! Ordered 9 weeks ago today. Hopefully get an email very soon with a delivery date!!!

Surely it'll be next week!! Hope! Please! Excited!! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Had an email last Thursday from lease company saying the car is due into the dealer this week! Ordered 9 weeks ago today. Hopefully get an email very soon with a delivery date!!!

Surely it'll be next week!! Hope! Please! Excited!! lol

Very jealous LeeVRSTDI. Ordered my VRS 6 weks ago and stil havent had a build week ! :sweat: . Im slowly learning how hard it is to be 'Patient' !!

• Like 1

Very jealous LeeVRSTDI. Ordered my VRS 6 weks ago and stil havent had a build week ! :sweat: . Im slowly learning how hard it is to be 'Patient' !!

Hi Andy

Ordered my vRS on 29th Sept, every time I spoke to the dealer the build week seemed to move. Finally got an email from them yesterday (8weeks) saying build week was confirmed as next week. A couple of hours after that I got an email from Skoda UK saying my car had gone into production "Today" :clap:

Should be getting her before Xmas :dance:

I know how hard it is waiting, but hold on I'm sure you'll hear something soon

• Like 1

I've been reading this thread and I want to cheer you guys up that you actually have it quite well - I ordered a 2.0 TDI Estate 17 weeks ago (Bulgaria) and I still don't have a build week :) (just an estimation of early January).

I wish we had the wait times that I'm reading about here  :D

Hi Andy

Ordered my vRS on 29th Sept, every time I spoke to the dealer the build week seemed to move. Finally got an email from them yesterday (8weeks) saying build week was confirmed as next week. A couple of hours after that I got an email from Skoda UK saying my car had gone into production "Today" :clap:

Should be getting her before Xmas :dance:

I know how hard it is waiting, but hold on I'm sure you'll hear something soon

Thanks, this is the first new car ive ever purchased so im new to the whole process. Will post as soon as i have some info.

Edited by andy7672

Thanks, this is the first new car ive ever purchased so im new to the whole process. Will post as soon as i have some info.

First new car for me too. Been in company smokers for the past 5 years (astra diesels) but now managed to persuade work to let me switch to car allowance - There was no question of what car I wanted. Can't tell you how excited I am and how long the past 2 months have been.

Anyone managed to get any decent discounts on paint protection? I'd rather do it myself, but at this time of year I don't fancy my chances of getting a good day to spend the hours on it.

Going to try and push the dealer to do it for sub £100.

@Stoney369 - Good luck trying to sleep tonight. Let us know how you find it.

• Like 1

Car arrived on a low loader at midday, haven't stopped smiling since. It is a fantastic car to drive.

Octavia VRS 2.0 TSI DSG Race Blue 5 dr Gemini Silver wheels

Leather - Red Trim

Kessy

Electric adjust front seats

Heated seats

Auto dimming / folding mirrors

Black design pack

Adaptive Cruise control

Park Assist

Colour dot matrix

Admudsen Sat Nav 

Heated front windscreen and headlamp washer

Reversible boot mat

• Like 1

First new car for me too. Been in company smokers for the past 5 years (astra diesels) but now managed to persuade work to let me switch to car allowance - There was no question of what car I wanted. Can't tell you how excited I am and how long the past 2 months have been.

Anyone managed to get any decent discounts on paint protection? I'd rather do it myself, but at this time of year I don't fancy my chances of getting a good day to spend the hours on it.

Going to try and push the dealer to do it for sub £100.

@Stoney369 - Good luck trying to sleep tonight. Let us know how you find it.

Having already waited 6 weeks (Car ordered 16th Oct) i rand the dealer yesterday who confirmed that their 'System' was showing completion week 51. Thie is the week it is due to be shipped from the Factory so it will probably be 2nd week in Jan before i get it :( :( . In the meantime i get to drive the works pool car.........58 plate Toyota Avensis (Auto) !!  Yes, the worlds worst car.

Race Blue TDI VRS estate ordered 17th October

Dealer emailed on Friday to say car had arrived at the UK docks and waiting for transport order.

At this rate it's going to be only 7-8 weeks since ordering! A lot better than the 12 weeks I was quoted at time of order.

• Like 2

Race Blue TDI VRS estate ordered 17th October

Dealer emailed on Friday to say car had arrived at the UK docks and waiting for transport order.

At this rate it's going to be only 7-8 weeks since ordering! A lot better than the 12 weeks I was quoted at time of order.

Steve, im totally jealous !!  Got to wait another 6 weeks for mine and i ordered at the same time. Did you order any options on yours?

Steve, im totally jealous !! Got to wait another 6 weeks for mine and i ordered at the same time. Did you order any options on yours?

Yeah ordered a few options:

Colour maxi dot

Black pack

Sunset glass

Heated windscreen

Smartlink

I was quite shocked how quick it has progressed, dealer contacted me last Monday to say it was built and was en route to the port of exit, when I spoke to him again on Friday he said it was in the uk.

Hope yours moves forward a bit!

Edited by steve-l

Yeah ordered a few options:

Colour maxi dot

Black pack

Sunset glass

Heated windscreen

Smartlink

I was quite shocked how quick it has progressed, dealer contacted me last Monday to say it was built and was en route to the port of exit, when I spoke to him again on Friday he said it was in the uk.

Hope yours moves forward a bit!

Fingers crossed !!  Please post some pics when you get it.

Interesting! I really don't understand how the timings work as presumably they are all ordered through the same system.

I ordered on 22nd October, so similar time again, and apparently looking at week 1 2016 build and Feb delivery. Maybe some get lucky with cancelled orders already in the system with matching spec? Who knows!

Interesting! I really don't understand how the timings work as presumably they are all ordered through the same system.

I ordered on 22nd October, so similar time again, and apparently looking at week 1 2016 build and Feb delivery. Maybe some get lucky with cancelled orders already in the system with matching spec? Who knows!

Looking at some of the other posts on build dates, it looks like estates are making it through build much faster than hatches. Maybe the spoiler on the hatch is really tricky to fit!!

• Like 2

Picked mine up Friday, what a car! Absolutely love it, and I was lucky enough to have the Amunsden sat nav fitted for free when I was told I missed it being fitted as standard on VRS by 1 build week... BUT. 160miles on the clock and I need a new heated windscreen fitted, Drove past a tractor on the trip home from the dealers and the f#####g thing decided to flick up a big rock and chip the windscreen smack bang in the eyeline of the drivers seat, a beautiful 10mm circle, Autoglass came out today and attempted a repair but it did absolutely nothing, now having the new windscreen fitted on Saturday.

Felt completely deflated and it really did ruin the collection day for me, kind of over it now as the car is pure awesome, cannot fault it. And anyone who is considering buying one, DO IT!

• Like 3

I've been told last week of Jan/first week of Feb for my TSI Hatch. 

Ordered on the 8th of November. 

I'm guessing this is more of an estimate rather than an actual build date. Hopefully it may arrive sooner. 

Just had my delivery date - 10th December :-) :-)

VRS, TDI, DSG, Race Blue no options.

That'll make it just over 11 weeks from order. Not bad.

Can not wait! :-)

Edited by LeeVRSTDI
  • Like 1