What about the things that annoy you?

Things I've noticed so far. The vent reflection - Once you see it, it can't be unseen! Teardrop wipe isn't enabled as standard. Headlights are crap (non xenon). When scrolling through the menus using the steering wheel control, it scrolls the opposite way to the wheel (if it works at all). Engaging reverse gear doesn't lower the mirrors (Had a Leon FR that did this). Bluetooth wants to re-pair with my phone a lot instead of just connecting every time (possibly a phone issue though). Averaging around 43 mpg only.

Can't really think of much else really.

I get the chrome on the side air vent reflecting in both the windscreen and the side window, but not the mirror. :-(

A few have said this, including me. I mentioned that I toyed with the idea of carefully putting black pvc tape over the chrome but was told I'd get used to it, and I have - more or less!

A few have said this, including me. I mentioned that I toyed with the idea of carefully putting black pvc tape over the chrome but was told I'd get used to it, and I have - more or less!

It's a little like the heated windscreen ocular distraction syndrome (HWODS).

Most people know its there but focus beyond the element or indeed the airvent reflections.

I haven't noticed the reflection since about a week after I first got my previous Octy in 2014.

But as for things that DO annoy me - the @rsehole who scratched AND dinged my rear nearside door when parked up on Friday. They will have known they'd done it, it looks like a bag buckle. Only (only!) about 1cm long and 2mm deep, but it's clearly there.

I bet black magic pearl isn't easy to fix either. So I'm going to have a three figure bill, or face seeing it every time I go to the car.

Clucking Bell.

There's a lot of products that will cure small scratches. 

I even had a lot of success using Duraglit Brasso wadding would you believe! And it's not even made for cars.

Fuel tank size is my biggest gripe.

My 1991 Ford Orion diesel had a 55 litre tank and I suspect materials are a lot lighter these days so why do Skoda fit the VRS with something that will allegedly hold just 51 litres?

I use the word "allegedly" because, even having driven 20 miles with the low fuel warning light illuminated, I've never managed to get more than 43 litres into the thing.

An inaccurate low fuel warning system is worse than no warning.

• Like 1

There's a lot of products that will cure small scratches. 

I even had a lot of success using Duraglit Brasso wadding would you believe! And it's not even made for cars.

Yep, I can easily fix the the scratch, it's the ding in the door that's the tricky bit. Just at the height of the door handles, just below the clease, so catches the eye every time.

it's the ding in the door that's the tricky bit. Just at the height of the door handles, just below the clease, so catches the eye every time.

What about Dent Magician, or similar? If suitable, it would be a lot cheaper than respray etc.?

Cheers, ednmra. Checking out the local Chipsaway on Wednesday. Used them before. I know they've had mixed comments on here, but I'll see what they say.

Android Auto  /Carplay needs a hardware button - its a pain going to the menu and swiping to get back to it after going elsewhere

• Like 2

I use the word "allegedly" because, even having driven 20 miles with the low fuel warning light illuminated, I've never managed to get more than 43 litres into the thing.

An inaccurate low fuel warning system is worse than no warning.

Do you mean with the light on or with the range reading zero as my light comes on at 50ish miles to go so that's a fair bit of fuel! I've managed to get 48 litres in mine before with 10 miles range to go on the computer. Also I'm sure you would rather it warn you early than wait for you to run out of fuel and then say 'oh by the way you need to fill up now'

• 2 years later...
On 08/09/2015 at 22:28, Iamholam said:
On 08/09/2015 at 22:26, Rodge said:

The door bins are surprisingly small, considering how much Skoda goes on about storage space. I guess the reason they go on about being able to fit a bottle in them is because that is pretty much the only thing that will fit.

Yes, I also found this annoying, the front ones are small. The rear ones are even smaller!

They're huge compared to the useless ones I had in previous focus!!