oem suspension

I have a complete set (front and rear) of standard VRS springs for sale, £40 the four plus postage.

Came off the car at 60k as I fitted H&R's, now sold the car and bought Mk3 VRS so got to have a clear out.

Andy.

still available?

• 1 month later...

Hey batchy2005 could you do me a massive favour and measure from wheel center to the top of arch (curved bit) on your front as I've not long had standard springs fitted and she's looking a bit high but can't find the oem specs for that measurment.

If it helps I'm on standard springs and 350mm both ends. Still original on 80k so I would expect my fronts have dropped maybe 15mm, rear maybe around 10? Kind of guessing there but my measurement gives you a ball park.

Cheers for that yellowcar I've just checked mine and getting 370mm on the fronts with new springs and 350mm on the rears with 110000 miles on them assuming there original.

Hi folks, i just fitted all new standard Vrs suspesion and absolutly love it! However i see sumbody has gave you a boge part number for front shockys? Well these are wrong bcos its the same shocks i got drliverdto my work the other day and they dont have the lugs for drop links to go in. If u want i can post all the part numbers wen i look at the boxes 2 moro at work

• Like 2

Afternoon everyone.

I've just joined after buying a Mk1 vRS estate from a friend of my Dad's.

The car is in nice nick, and I knew it needed a bit of work on things like tyres, but I don't think any of us expected the oil pump to fail after 20 minutes of driving!

I got the AA to tow me back from Derby to Manchester - I live in Chorlton if anyone is nearby.

Anyhow, I've had the pump and oil changed, new cam belt and water pump and sorted the tyres and it's a great car.

I previously had a well-sorted Fiesta ST but a new baby forced sale.

One thing I've really noticed is that the chassis is really not up to the power! 

So I'm planning to change the shocks  as I think the ones on the car are originals - 12 years old and 118k.

I bought a set of Bilstein B4s from GSF on Friday because they had a 35% off sale, but I'm not convinced they are the correct part for the vRS as they are the same part number they list for a 1.6 Golf, for example.

The part numbers I've got are 22-045744 for the fronts and 19-068633 for the rears.

I called Skoda and they gave me OEM part numbers 1j0-413-031cm for the front and 1j9-513-025a

What I'd really like to know is if anyone on here has had any problems getting the correct shocks for the vRS?

I saw a post on here somewhere (which I now can't find) saying that the cross references on GSF/Euro etc. were wrong for the vRS.

Any advice gratefully accepted as the last thing I want to do is make the car even more boat like!!

I bought a set of Bilstein B4s from GSF on Friday because they had a 35% off sale, but I'm not convinced they are the correct part for the vRS as they are the same part number they list for a 1.6 Golf, for example.

Pretty sure Bilstein will only make one uprated shock absorber for each platform mate. VRS chassis same as mk4, hence same part.

Thanks for the reply, Simeon85, I'm still not convinced.

The parts I quoted state 'For standard suspension'

I've found some other Bilstein B4s for Sport suspension which makes me think they should be the ones.

In fact, going to Bilstein's own website they state the vRS should have B6s fitted, but they are about £180 per unit so it ain't gonna happen.

Think I might just take them back to GSF and get some Boge/Sachs with the part number acexxx posted previously.

e30Kev, thanks for the info. I've set up a thread in DMPs section to get their opinion.

Realistically though, I think I'll have to live with something a bit less 'Ideal' as the £500ish price tag is making my heart miss several beats when I think about it!

Yellow car, cheers for the info, I'm sure the factory shocks are just a standard sports shock (twin tube), and were never as good as the B6 in the first place.

Got a mate who works for VAG and he's going to find out the spec on the original shocks.

• Like 1

Hi folks, i just fitted all new standard Vrs suspesion and absolutly love it! However i see sumbody has gave you a boge part number for front shockys? Well these are wrong bcos its the same shocks i got drliverdto my work the other day and they dont have the lugs for drop links to go in. If u want i can post all the part numbers wen i look at the boxes 2 moro at work

richbogle, have you still got the part numbers you fitted to your vrs? You'll see from my previous posts I'm trying to find the right kit for mine. Cheers

e30Kev, thanks for the info. I've set up a thread in DMPs section to get their opinion.

Realistically though, I think I'll have to live with something a bit less 'Ideal' as the £500ish price tag is making my heart miss several beats when I think about it!

Yellow car, cheers for the info, I'm sure the factory shocks are just a standard sports shock (twin tube), and were never as good as the B6 in the first place.

Got a mate who works for VAG and he's going to find out the spec on the original shocks.

No probs mate, I'll be upgrading mine in the not too distant future also, I'm still unsure which option I'll pick though

Right, in case anyone wants to know for future reference, I got the parts I need from TPS in Trafford Park.

They were really helpful and got me the OEM part numbers and the part number for the front struts from their FourPlus economy range.

Fronts 
1j0413031cm - Gen VAG Skoda part number (£200 pair)
JZW413031N - Gen VAG FourPlus economy range (£86 pair)

Rears 
1j9513025a Superseded by 1j9513025e (Sachs on sticker) - Gen VAG Skoda part number (£100 pair)

I ended up going for the FourPlus on the fronts. Asked the guy why anyone would not go for them and he didn't really have a good answer. 
He showed me the listing on the computer and both front shocks are for the PR-G85 suspension set up, and they DO HAVE the mounting bracket for the drop links on the vRS.

Thanks to Wino for steering me in the direction of TPS.
I had read somewhere on the forum that people were having trouble shopping there as they were clamping down on retail customers, but Trafford were really helpful to me.

I'll put these part numbers in the DIY OEM parts list post as well, to make them easier to find.

Im looking at buying some oem shocks as mine are shot but im having problems finding the right ones as a lot state they will 'fit the vrs'. I rang the my local main dealer today and they wanted £115 each shock so dont think ill be buying those at that price!  Are the Fourplus you mentioned specifically for the vrs model? 

They are the correct ones for the vrs. I saw it on the screen PR-G85 which is the sports suspension. Should have mine fitted in next few days and will report back.

I must have wasted 24 hours of my life trying to find the correct part as most manufacturers cross reference say their shocks fit but don't have the mounting for the arb. These ones do.