Suspention got crashy

Ok so it wasnt like this when i got it, but not been any great distance, as its been on my drive for a few weeks getting various issues sorted. Now all is sorted, after jacking the car up and down like a yo yo, its crashy and crunchies on potholes etc. Car has done 138k, looking up at the little i can see of the mount bush it looks a little worn, im wondering what are the symptoms of mount bush/ dampers failing? also i tried spraying some wd40 up to where the springs meet the bush, not changed a thing :P

You think, i was going to change everything else and leave the dampers lol. As the dampers look in good nick, but looks and function are different things :p

You can't see the front dampers without opening the strut up, since you have to remove and dismantle the strut to replace the springs it makes sense to replace the dampers at the same time.

• Like 1

shock absorbers. mine was similar and they looked fine till i got them of the car. i could compress them by hand and it took ten minutes for them to extend again whereas the Sach ones i replaced then with extended again in a matter of seconds.

• Like 1

If youve got it all apart just replace everything! Makes sense to fit new bushes, track rods and arms etc etc if theyve been on a while may be past there best.

• Like 2

I havent got it apart yet, but im struggling to source a list of things to replace. btw the track rods are ok, new adjustable fancy one already done, and all wishbone bushes replaced with polys.

What i want to know is,

- Top mount  - is it just a fixing or does it have a internal bush ( i will be replacing the top mount bush) but is it just a fixing?

- Bumper stops, are they on front and back?

- do i need these on the rear : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/2x-OE-Quality-Rear-Spring-Top-Packing-Rubbers-SEAT-Ibiza-Leon-Cordoba-1J0512149B/400766768161?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&_trksid=p2050601.c100085.m2372&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140212142147%26meid%3D74fd691539a343af92788b3fcd4d89b0%26pid%3D100085%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D3%26sd%3D400766795307%26clkid%3D5560319224636275658&_qi=RTM1793430

- Rear top mount  - has built in bush? i cant see a seperate component.

Are there any other perishables in the front / rear to check/ replace while im at it?

Basically sam, what is "everything else" lol

IMO it's more likely the poly bushes have something to do with it.

The age of the other suspension components won't help either.

Ideally, you'd replace springs and dampers for a sporty setup and replace topmounts and bump stops at the same time.

Think more like £500-£600 for the springs and dampers before fitting. Ideally get Koni FSDs or Bilstein with Eibach or KW springs.

IMO it's more likely the poly bushes have something to do with it.

The age of the other suspension components won't help either.

Ideally, you'd replace springs and dampers for a sporty setup and replace topmounts and bump stops at the same time.

Think more like £500-£600 for the springs and dampers before fitting. Ideally get Koni FSDs or Bilstein with Eibach or KW springs.

Ive bought the above link, i have H & R springs also.