smart gate retrofit

I thought I'd uploaded a video of the needles sweeping...

Nope - you didn't link to or attach anything I'm afraid.

Is that on beta? Where abouts in the menu app?

Is your Rapid a hatchback or Spaceback?

Yes on beta but works a treat :) I'm trying to think about other things I'd like it to do... Any suggestions I can put forward?

Yes on beta but works a treat :) I'm trying to think about other things I'd like it to do... Any suggestions I can put forward?

Ah, only a matter of time when they update the app.

Some features don't work (programmed but not working) I.e. open/close windows with remote, DRL menu on dashboard. So those need to be debugged.

My mate's Octavia Mk3 says when he shifts to reverse, the passenger wing mirror automatically tilts down [emoji50] . That's a handy feature to have; suggest Carista to see if it can be done to the Rapid.

• Like 1

Ah, only a matter of time when they update the app.

Some features don't work (programmed but not working) I.e. open/close windows with remote, DRL menu on dashboard. So those need to be debugged.

My mate's Octavia Mk3 says when he shifts to reverse, the passenger wing mirror automatically tilts down [emoji50] . That's a handy feature to have; suggest Carista to see if it can be done to the Rapid.

I think that is an option in the beta? I'll plug it in later and have a look. There are somethings that won't work on my rapid... like you say DLR's on/off (It's manually done with a switch near/in the fuse box, I think) Auto lights & wipers on/off - well my rapid doesn't have the sensor so that'll never work!

Having said that there are a number of customisations I've made...

Jon 

I think that is an option in the beta? I'll plug it in later and have a look. There are somethings that won't work on my rapid... like you say DLR's on/off (It's manually done with a switch near/in the fuse box, I think) Auto lights & wipers on/off - well my rapid doesn't have the sensor so that'll never work!

Having said that there are a number of customisations I've made...

Jon

Can you post a list of what's available from your beta?

Country coding would be good.

I want to change my maxidot to Australia to enable big MPH display on it.

I think that is in there, haven't had chance to look tonight but will do tomorrow...

How about disabling the Chime when Bluetooth connects and disconnects? :)

Just had a play with the full version of Caristsa on my 2013 petrol elegance. The only functions I was able to enable (that weren't already available in maxidot) were dial staging, alarm beep (on lock or unlock) and tear wipe. Tried country coding (australia), but no big MPH display, just the option to display alternative speed (km/h).

Seems a decent device, given the relatively low cost.

If you have an Amundsen stereo you can do this in the settings menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I have the RCD310 stereo so I cannot turn it off? :(

• 1 year later...

To bump a really old thread...

1. did anyone ever retro fit the smart gate?

2. I dusted off the obd2 device as carista has had an update and changed the country to Australia and then set everything back to English measurements so I now have the big MPH in the dash display.