OK brainboxes, what does this do?

image.jpg

Inside my jumbo box there's this ringpull-like slider which, when pulled upwards, leaves a little 1cm gap at the bottom. I can't find the info online, only parts guides stating that it's a valve(?). It doesn't seem to change anything whether it's up or down.

Is it for routing cables through? Or is it part of the rear passenger vent system?

I didn't know the box had it's own ventilation. It would make sense as it's part of these diagrams;

image.jpg

image.jpg

Shame, considering I've just realised my a/c doesn't work. Warm Mars bars it is!

No ****. Well, you learn something new every day! I kinda have to get my a/c fixed now don't I? Just for cold vodka when I'm sick of the girlfriend Coke on a sunny outing with my wonderful girlfriend.

Yep, allows air con/heater air flow in the jumbo box.

I was trying to convince my wife it was a torture instrument for every time she couldn't read a map.... the trouble is, I don't think she has enough fingers...