Who do I ring for this? - SSE?

Robshaw

Hopefully you will have more luck contacting SSE ,than I had as a customer. For every call to SSE, I spent 20-30 ins on hold. in the end I made a formal complaint and went elsewhere. To contact SSE, may I suggest a medium, or a ouija session.

You need to contact your local electric board (DNO). Tell them you have a safety concern regarding a connection on your premises. They should send out a fault team to investigate. Looking at the pic and from what I can see, that will fall under ESQCR 2002 and that would be highlighted as a risk. The risk itself is a CSJM ( Clearance Service Joint Medium) that should have been made off into a small joint box approx 6"x6" and filled with a jointing compound to totally seal it and looks alot tidier and can be painted over. We Do alot off services in our area and there's no way we would sign that off. I've sent teams back to make good after customer complaints