APR remap. couple questions

Thinking about this remap on my cthe vrs. Messaged a local dealer who asked if I had any mods, other than centre box delete and uprated plugs it's standard. is the map simply uploaded and not done on the dyno.. That's how it will be done. Thought they were setup on the dyno?

• Like 1

Maps can be done either way.. Preference is a proper dyno setup to check everything right with boost/fueling etc. However a lot of maps are just plug and play these days through the obd.

Let us k ow how you get on, I know there are some keen peeps to see how the cthe handles a remap

• Like 1

Is the remap being done by the OBD Port?

Are there any figures for the Increased Power / Torque they expect the Stage 1 to give with a CTHE?

I would not have it done where they do not have a Dyno to give a Before & After on the same day.

But no, it is not necessary to have a Dyno with a Remap,

but since we have yet to know what the results of a Stage 1 on a CTHE from APR, REVO or Shark Performance is, it seems rather important.

• Like 1

Cheers chaps. I will have a dyno run before and after done to get figures. Looking to have it done next week.

That would be excellent! we would get a first definitive proof of OBD mapping of a CTHE ....

If the results are impressive I may follow tight after you! lol...

• Like 3

That would be excellent! we would get a first definitive proof of OBD mapping of a CTHE ....

If the results are impressive I may follow tight after you! lol...

And me! I've been dying to do it. Just didn't want to be the first (no pressure!) [emoji14]
  • Like 2

I am keen to know how it goes.

Also interested that a few members in the UK and now in Australia have mentioned Software Updates by Skoda on the CTHE.

It would be good to know what the actual facts behind this is,

Is it only where they are doing the Mod with the Oil Spray Jets, or is it the Software Update actually on the DSG.

??

Could i ask a CTHE Owner to ask a Skoda Dealership or Skoda UK to confirm if there are ECU Updates for a CTHE,

& are these being done as a a matter of course when a car is in for Servicing and on the Diagnostics.

I don't quite understand why would you prefer mapping done on a dyno. It's obviously good to check logs that everything is running healthy, but the map manufacturers have anyhow done various tests and developed the map for the given model anyhow. Every car might be slightly different, but to the extent that they need custom mapping? I don't think so. 

Cars are driven on the road anyhow, so max gains on a dyno aren't so important. 

So nothing wrong in having a ready-made map uploaded via OBD. :)

Let us know about the results, I'm interested!

Edited by Laars

Nothing wrong.

So with all that Tests & Development APR will have the Dynos to show of 1.4 TSI Twinchargers with 132 kw Min running on 98 / 99 ron surely.

An Example of a CTHE running Factory Standard Map & a APR Stage 1.

??

Same Question again as being asked for over 2 years now and never answered,

there are so many on here read other forums,

so does anyone know of anyone with a 1.4 TSI CTHE running Stage 1?

There are results of standard CTHE Engines on Rolling roads.

Page 3, post #77

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/327528-mk2-fabia-vrs-rolling-road-post-your-graphs

Edited by goneoffSKi

I don't quite understand why would you prefer mapping done on a dyno. It's obviously good to check logs that everything is running healthy, but the map manufacturers have anyhow done various tests and developed the map for the given model anyhow. Every car might be slightly different, but to the extent that they need custom mapping? I don't think so.

Cars are driven on the road anyhow, so max gains on a dyno aren't so important.

So nothing wrong in having a ready-made map uploaded via OBD. :)

Let us know about the results, I'm interested!

For off the self maps of reputable tuners i would agree it's not that important IF they have posted figures on their pages already. The CTHE though is a bit of unknown territory to my understanding.

Then, even if i went with th most trusted tuner in the world i would like some solid data as to what my gains were exactly, how close (or not) to the published figures etc. If i remember correctly you expected smt like 280Nm from your map based on advertised figures and ended up with 330-340? So, always good to confirm whats happening the way i see it.

Obviously, it goes without question that dynos are a necessity for custom maps. We did two runs and two consequent map modifications on mine just to bring it as close as possible to the characteristics i asked for.

Edited by newbie69

You would hope they would know. !!

I would give it a miss until APR HQ can confirm the Stage 1 for the 1.4 TSI CTHE, what the Graph Looks like, some information 

on their Map.

they keep saying consult a dealer.

Your Manufacturers Warranty is Invalidated if you still currently have one,

and we really need to know about Remapped CTHE from the Tuning Companies.

Odd that they say that, you can remove it and have it put on again, 

Well if they can confirm they can Remap it in the first place,

the fact it was on your ECU is enough for the Engine Warranty to be Invalidated.

So you void the Manufacturers Warranty with a Remap so you just need to cover any breakages yourself.

The T&C's for the Skoda Approved Warranty from Car Care Plan has exclusions for Modifications and the need 

to have them approved, so with a Remap its not worth Paying for that Warranty.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Worth checking if they have done any 2012 on CTHE Remaps.

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/curves/Polo%20GTi%201.4TFSi.pdf

*Note that by VW Figures a 1.4 TSI in Polo, Fabia, Ibiza is '177.2 BHP' Minimum (132kw)

a 1.4 TFSI in a A1 185 is '182.5 BHP' (136kw)*  

So the figures Superchips have on websites like those other Tuners use are not exactly accurate.

http://www.superchips.co.uk

http://www.superchips.co.uk/s/warranty

They Warranty their product,

and if their work causes the failure.

That will be interesting with a Twincharger.

Edited by goneoffSKi

<snip>

the fact it was on your ECU is enough for the Engine Warranty to be Invalidated.

So you void the Manufacturers Warranty with a Remap so you just need to cover any breakages yourself.

<snip>

It would seem entirely reasonable to void the warranty on the DSG as well; perhaps brakes, suspension and steering too?

Frankly, anyone who tampers with the ECU, outside the parameters specifically approved by VAG really ought to accept that they have no moral right to be covered by VAG.

• Like 1

Even if they took the map out, the dealer can see that the ECU has been flashed before. Depends on your luck, if they bother looking.

To me it's clear that having my car mapped = I'm on my own.

And to Newbie69, was expecting 280Nm, resulted in 315Nm.

• Like 1