RANT ALERT: How to complain about ebay 'customer services' (note the irony!)

robstaaaar

Had the great displeasure of trying to work my way around this labyrinth-like system yesterday evening, to sort out why ebay kept on issuing incorrect goods returns slip.

Needless to say, I would have better off if I boiled my own head!!  Telephone call handlers in the Philippines who have no personality or authority to deliberate.  Just telling you over and over what you already know... 

Shocking, shocking, shocking experience.  Just wondered if anyone else had this and how they went about getting some sort of response?

Yours fumingly,

Rob

:wall:  :@  :@  :@  :@

I had a very bad experience with ebay/paypal who are effectively supporting illegal activity by honouring fake returns based on proof of delivery.There is zero protection as a seller especially after they removed the negative feedback option for sellers. Basically If you sell something the buyer can say its broken then file a dispute after the time period elapses they then claim to send your product back but they can technically send you back an empty box as long as they are able to send ebay/paypal the proof of delivery ebay will honour this and take the funds out of your account and pay it back to the buyer so the buyer has the item and the refund. Its a massive scam be very careful when selling anything. The telephone support is as you say dreadful.

Yep as above I've give. Up selling anything on eBay as protection for sellers is zero

+1Haven't sold anything for years now.

• Like 1

Don't forget though you do have the buyers address and put it this way the girl who defrauded me wont do it to anyone else again

after I monitored all her listings and outbid everyone on them and sent her less than desirable stuff in the post. :clap:  childish response

I know but she learnt her lesson.

• Like 2

I wont use the bay after PayPal stiffed me; I paid for some expensive jewellery using my credit card (and kept a screen shot showing the payment details), got an email confirmation showing the payment (showing last 4 digits of the credit card); then PayPal - in their infinite wisom - decided to take the money using my DEBIT CARD - leaving me £600 overdrawn and racking up major bank charges as my rent, utility and other DD and SO payments failed.

Despite having proof I paid with the CC, PP refused to correct the problem, so I was out a LOT of money in bank charges and missed payment penalties (plus had nearly nothing to eat for a few weeks until I had enough money to pay all the missed DDs and SOs)

I refuse to sell items on eBay anymore. I had a seller pay for item, item received and 2 days later said he had changed his mind. Filed a refund request stating he no longer wanted the item. EBay said tough so he opened another as "item not as described" PayPal immediately refunded cost? Item was sealed as new when sent and after it being returned was open and clearly used. EBay not interested! Last time I sell anything on eBay. Safer to post an ad in post office window.

Had the great displeasure of trying to work my way around this labyrinth-like system yesterday evening, to sort out why ebay kept on issuing incorrect goods returns slip.

Needless to say, I would have better off if I boiled my own head!!  Telephone call handlers in the Philippines who have no personality or authority to deliberate.  Just telling you over and over what you already know... 

Shocking, shocking, shocking experience.  Just wondered if anyone else had this and how they went about getting some sort of response?

Yours fumingly,

Rob

:wall:  :@  :@  :@  :@

I called last year and managed to get transferred from the 'wherever it is' call centre to some California one. It was only when I brought up some legal obligations and implications, I can't remember the name of the department I was transferred to, but the call centre in USA was less intelligently staffed than the DVLA's one in Swansea! I don't think they will ever personally address an individual issue. As much as I detest it for wasters, Gumtree would be my preferred site for selling now.  

Wow!  Thought it really was just me who was going nuts over what a complete sham eBay are!  Seems like they pish alot of others off - daily.  All fur coat, no knickers spring to mind.  I'm on a consumer warpath and will not let this one go. Will wait to make sure I get my refund them do all sorts of 'unspeakables' to ensure they never forget this monumental ****-up.  Maybe even get Ann Robinson on the case....

Still fuming,

Rob  :@  :@  :@  :@

Edited by robstaaaar

Wow!  Thought it really was just me who was going nuts over what a complete sham eBay are!  Seems like they pish alot of others off - daily.  All fur coat, no knickers spring to mind.  I'm on a consumer warpath and will not let this one go. Will wait to make sure I get my refund them do all sorts of 'unspeakables' to ensure they never forget this monumental ****-up.  Maybe even get Ann Robinson on the case....

Still fuming,

Rob  :@  :@  :@  :@

If your the buyer you should have no problems, Ebay protects the buyer above all else. Its when your selling you get violated.

Believe me, I've been screwed as a buyer and seller on ebay.  My gripe this time is there is no way of properly contacting or reasoning with them.  Their CS are in obscure places like The Philippines.  They kept sending wrong returns details which meant I wasted so many journeys to Parcelforce,collect+stores and loads of phone calls.  Then telling me what I already knew about their f*** up.  

..and then saying how very sorry for inconvenience.

infamy,infamy; they've all got it in for me

aaaaarghhhh

I had the pleasure of ringing them a few years ago, never again. I think the term "on another planet" springs to mind.

My use of ebay is limited to just buying low value items I never sell anything now. Paypal I just use to sent money for again low value purchases or receive if I have sold something via a web sale. So far no problems in any transaction.