Rear brake upgrade

Looking at doing the rear brake upgrade on my fabia vrs, what callipers do you guys recommend? 

What discs/pads too?

Cheers guys, hoping to find some soon!

Edited by battwell
  • Like 1

256mm from TT (250bhp) or MK1 Octavia vRS is the usual upgrade.

As for disks & pads, pagid are a good starting place

Great thank you, just need to find someone selling some now! Need them asap as one of my current ones is seizing up! 

Do i need to cut/remove the backing plate to fit these in?

yes, the ones on are 232mm and the splash guards are pretty much flush with the disks.

either remove fully or cut the lip off

you need the calipers and carriers to do a straight swap

yes, the ones on are 232mm and the splash guards are pretty much flush with the disks.

either remove fully or cut the lip off

you need the calipers and carriers to do a straight swap

Thanks for your help thought it would be, and yeah thats what I'm looking at, hoping some will come up soon! 

Cheers!

You sir, are a star! Thanks for that! Hopefully the callipers will be alright, will get a decent set of pads and discs, pagid ones okay as it just the rears? Thinking of getting pagid discs and ds2500 pads for the front 

You sir, are a star! Thanks for that! Hopefully the callipers will be alright, will get a decent set of pads and discs, pagid ones okay as it just the rears? Thinking of getting pagid discs and ds2500 pads for the front 

most the breaking is done on the front pagid ones be fine

They are for 4x4 cars, not a straight fit on fwd cars.

If you have already comitted to buying I've got a set of billet alloy spacers for sale that allow them to be fitted on fwd cars ;)

most the breaking is done on the front pagid ones be fine

Have to agree bigger brakes on the rear of any car not really necessary as its the front that does most of the work.

I'm painting them all Red, so guess I could always sell the discs and callipers that are coming for maybe £70 and keep the carriers and just buy the new callipers and discs for it :P 

This has made it harder now! haha 

Yeah i did mate, been in a rush to try sort it out :S

Did u read my post regarding fitment?

Its the carriers that won't fit a fwd car, you need spacers to make 4x4 rear brakes fit.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/281143644111?nav=SEARCH

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/281140544879?nav=SEARCH

I would go for the above personally, as second hand calipers are quite often a waste of time. :)

These are the ones to go for. I got second hand ones any they were terrible. Ended up with the ones above. The finish has proved very durable. Only downside is the carriers aren't painted.