Any ideas why my wheel well is full of water?

Help my wheel well has a couple of inches of water in it! And no puncture kit either  :dull:

The carpets dry its just in the well any ideas where its coming from?

Thanks James

Help my wheel well has a couple of inches of water in it! And no puncture kit either  :dull:

The carpets dry its just in the well any ideas where its coming from?

Thanks James

Detached rear screen wash hose ?

• Like 1

Thanks all the washer works so its getting in somewhere lol might get a 12 guage and blow a hole through the wheel well :D

Brothers washer worked on his A3

It was still leaking inside the boot lid, corroding all the wires for the back lights, alarm and boot release button though :(.

• Like 1

the waters dripping down through some cables into the well its still piddling down so i pushed a hole through a rubber gromit in the floor with my key to let it out as a temporary fix lol

Planning a service and fit a tuning box tomorrow ill have a better look then weather permiting  :rain:

Edited by jimdiesel

I've had that before with the vents, behind the bumper under the left hand rear light.

Thanks took the rear lights out and couldnt see anything lol go to look from underneath have i?

Or shoot holes in it with a shot gun.

Sorry. Too many Top Gear specials ;).

at least you don't drive an old jag or following the top gear theme I would suggest looking for a loo seat on the boot lid, and if you found one I would suggest what you found was not water

i'll get my coat and head for bob dogs old corner now :) :)

Edited by bluecar1
  • Like 2

In the wheel well at the rear side just on the inside of the bumper mounting panel are two flimsy fitting black grommets both about 2"dia

Check they are present and fitting properly as water will definitely get in through there

at least you don't drive an old jag or following the top gear theme I would suggest looking for a loo seat on the boot lid, and if you found one I would suggest what you found was not water

i'll get my coat and head for bob dogs old corner now :) :)

Dont tell Jack.

He'll be all over it with the XJ lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...