Remapping question

Having only a 1.6tdi 105PS (250NM?) I am planning on a remap for more torque, the car has only done 2250 miles so it wont be for a while, ive been quoted £300 and a result of 125PS, and a torque figure I forget now, but about 20%, all in the quest for a tad more MPG

has anyone any words of wisdom?

Edited by lichfielddriver

You could check out a tuning box as opposed to a remap?

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/vehicle-skoda_superb_1.6-tdi-105-ps-greenline

Looks like you could get up to 136PS and 330NM with DTUK for around £350 incl Briskoda discount.

I haven't had one fitted, so can't comment directly, but heard lots of good things about them from this forum.

Unfortunately yes and dont let anyone try to kid you otherwise! We use the odis system at work which replaced the old vas software, The new odis software can see and also flag a remap up, it gives us a code of "cd1" which will under certain circumstances will send it to factory and if you are under warranty and have a engine/transmission etc issue that factory think could have been influenced by the remap the warranty claim then could be rejected. Never had a engine issue that was proved to be caused by a remap though especially if its a reputable remapper like Revo or Shark etc, My 64 plate superb 170cr 4x4 dsg is mapped and havnt had any issues and it motors on like a train.

• Like 3

Thinkinb about upgrading.

Remap or tuning box?

I had Mondeo Ecoboost remapped by Superchips and I wasn`t quite happy with it.

What about DTUK? And CRD - T+ box? As I understand, no DPF removal or similar needed, just configuration of ECU sent to them?

i wont go near it till its on 20,000 miles at least so might be a year yet

will have more mpg results by then too

If you are running it as a taxi does this change your main Skoda warranty conditions anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For MPG? Oddly... No. Fill to fill.

But you can state accurate and differing increase for urban/motorway and on cruise useage?

im just confused

I could (at best) declare an overall change for my weeks mileage, trying to separate urban from extra urban would mean fills of small and inaccurate amounts

But you can state accurate and differing increase for urban/motorway and on cruise useage?

im just confused

I could (at best) declare an overall change for my weeks mileage, trying to separate urban from extra urban would mean fills of small and inaccurate amounts

No, fill to fills. I basically do nowt but urban driving for weeks and then I have the odd 120 and 200 mile round trips on motorways. I simply fill at the start and end and take the miles / volume used and compare vs. the figures I had for the same, prior to fitting the chip. I try to drive very economically and I don't think I'm the only Chip Express user that has experienced good MPG improvements.

Not a remap but complementary I found a lower engine mount upgrade on my Fabia gave me an average of 2-3 extra MPG across all driving.

It seemed to stop torque being lost transferred into the soggy voided OEM bushes, but I would advise caution as on a pretty smooth petrol engine it did bring some vibration into the cabin at idle.

Worked fantastic in conjunction with a remap.

• Like 1

Having only a 1.6tdi 105PS (250NM?) I am planning on a remap for more torque, the car has only done 2250 miles so it wont be for a while, ive been quoted £300 and a result of 125PS, and a torque figure I forget now, but about 20%, all in the quest for a tad more MPG

has anyone any words of wisdom?

Yes, get a Shark map on it... end of discussion  :D

You could check out a tuning box as opposed to a remap?

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/vehicle-skoda_superb_1.6-tdi-105-ps-greenline

Looks like you could get up to 136PS and 330NM with DTUK for around £350 incl Briskoda discount.

I haven't had one fitted, so can't comment directly, but heard lots of good things about them from this forum.

I bought a new style DTUK tuning box as they were offering a money back guarantee if you were not satisfied, lets just say that it DRANK loads more fuel when on light throttle, I lost £50 when sending it back (re-stocking fee... or words to that effect... which were NOT mentioned when I ordered!)

I then got Shark to remap it and I am much happier.

I've got at least a 10% improvement urban and 15 to 20% motorway on cruise.

Fill to fill today, 138 miles, all urban, 3.306 gallons = 41.7 mpg.

Thats a 10% increase?? wow my 170 Superb NEVER returned less than 44MPG with urban driving (the Shark remap increased it by 1-2 MPG.)

Fill to fill today, 138 miles, all urban, 3.306 gallons = 41.7 mpg.

Fill to Fill today (a weeks work) 646 miles 51.45ltrs = 57mpg

That is with no motorway but half on fast dual carriageways

from that fill to tonight on town taxi work - 122 miles (today) 10.03ltrs = 55mpg

Edited by lichfielddriver

Fill to Fill today (a weeks work) 646 miles 51.45ltrs = 57mpg

That is with no motorway but half on fast dual carriageways

from that fill to tonight on town taxi work - 122 miles (today) 10.03ltrs = 55mpg

That is excellent. I should add, the 138 miles I covered was over 71 days, with some journeys as short as a mile.