2015 Fabia Monte

Liking the Monte mk3, they are a nice spec car, impressed with swmbo's mk2 tech, until she womaned it. Loving the metoer grey cars, suits the Fabia so much better than the Octavia. Happy motoring all. :)

Collected our new Monte Carlo today. So far so good, gone from the 1.6TDI 105 to 1.2 TSI 110 and have to say it drives very well and we are really impressed so far.

Options were 17" wheels, sat nav, rear electric windows, sports suspension.

Nice. Alloys + suspension combo make a difference. Let us know how you find fuel economy in comparison to the diesel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to see the new monte a week ago.......well what a waste of my time......we have the older monte.....and can honestly say it's a better car......more aggressive looks and with a nicer more subdued interior....(wtf were skoda smoking when they did the new one)....also it's not cheap....don't think it's worth the extra cash......so we are going down the route of the Rapid spaceback se sport......rant over......:)

Went to see the new monte a week ago.......well what a waste of my time......we have the older monte.....and can honestly say it's a better car......more aggressive looks and with a nicer more subdued interior....(wtf were skoda smoking when they did the new one)....also it's not cheap....don't think it's worth the extra cash......so we are going down the route of the Rapid spaceback se sport......rant over......:)

I looked at the Rapid Spaceback Sport but having considered both, I settled for my SE Fabia estate, not sure what the residuals are going to be like for it but they're not very good by all accounts on the Rapid.

Plenty of room and kit on the SE Sport Rapid especially with the glass roof, I've got roof mounted bike racks on mine so went for the practicality of having roof bars but each to their own I suppose, I definately would call the Rapid sporty though, not by a long shot.

I looked at the Rapid Spaceback Sport but having considered both, I settled for my SE Fabia estate, not sure what the residuals are going to be like for it but they're not very good by all accounts on the Rapid.

Plenty of room and kit on the SE Sport Rapid especially with the glass roof, I've got roof mounted bike racks on mine so went for the practicality of having roof bars but each to their own I suppose, I definately would call the Rapid sporty though, not by a long shot.

No it's not sporty in nature......but does look sporty which is good enough for me....(biker...:) ) but the rapid sport is more car for less money....when compared to the monte tdi we'd need to replace ours mk2 monte tdi.....the mk3 monte is pants.....we looked at the fabia se estate.....but it still didn't workout for us that and the mrs fancied the rallye green rapid sport that was in the showroom......lol 

• Like 1

Each to their own!! List price of rapid sport and fabia Monte are pretty similar right for the same engine so I guess its down to what you prefer looks wise. Spec is fairly similar too. I found it difficult looking at the fabia Monte estate vs rapid sport vs Octavia s as the price and spec is not a mile apart for each.

• Like 1

Each to their own indeed! Picked up my new Monte yesterday and I love it.

I'm really not that keen on the shape of the previous Fabia, a bit too round and bubbly shaped. Again each to their own.

The Rapid doesn't get particularly good reviews from what I've read but again these are subjective.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/rapid/87174/skoda-rapid-sport-review

Enjoy your new car like I'm enjoying mine! [emoji1]

Sent from my Moto G

• Like 2

Each to their own indeed! Picked up my new Monte yesterday and I love it.

I'm really not that keen on the shape of the previous Fabia, a bit too round and bubbly shaped. Again each to their own.

The Rapid doesn't get particularly good reviews from what I've read but again these are subjective.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/rapid/87174/skoda-rapid-sport-review

Enjoy your new car like I'm enjoying mine! [emoji1]

Sent from my Moto G

Ahhh wrong rapid....it's the spaceback se sport we are looking at.....1.6 tdi as well.....the non spaceback does bugger all for me or the mrs....I'm guessing that the spaceback is based on a audi a3..????

Not really,

an Audi A3 Sportback has some space in the back whereas a Rapid Spaceback has not much,

then the Rapid bit is a joke as well.  

'Sport' is the Skoda idea of Sport which comes from just add Black wheels, Stickers and tart up the basic car.

Sit it on stills and that is all they need, Sport.

Some actual engineering on the suspension like using Multilink from the VW (Seat/Audi/Skoda) parts bin would have helped.

Edited by goneoffSKion1
  • Like 1

If ur on about boot space it appears the spaceback has a bigger boot than the sportback.....audi has 380litres and the skoda has 415litres....I couldn't care less how sporty a car is suppose to be......it's not need in my life as I have a 1400cc motorcycle.....I was just saying for the money ur getting more car for ur money than the new monte.....as even our local dealer is saying it's over priced for wot it is......a fabia with a fancy dress....

Went to see the new monte a week ago.......well what a waste of my time......we have the older monte.....and can honestly say it's a better car......more aggressive looks and with a nicer more subdued interior....(wtf were skoda smoking when they did the new one)....also it's not cheap....don't think it's worth the extra cash......so we are going down the route of the Rapid spaceback se sport......rant over...... :)

We upgraded from the old Monte to the new one and can honestly say what a step up it is. It drives so much better (may be due to the fact we have the petrol now rather than the diesel in the old version) and just looks so much better in my opinion. 

We bought it for it's looks and it's economy and I must admit I was a little bit nervous about what the performance was going to be like in the 1.2 tsi 110. But it does not disappoint. 

Did you drive the new Monte? Not sure in what way the old one is better (even though it's a great car in it's own right). We loved the looks of the old one, but also love the new one. The interior in the old one does not compare to the new one though. We had a 12 reg and looking back at it now you can tell the old shape Fabia had been out 5 years before we bought it. 

That's merely my opinion though, as you have your opinion and as has been said in this page, each to their own.

• Like 1

I think the old monte carlo and the mk2 fabia in general is too upright and narrow, I much prefer the mk3 fabia as it looks far more attractive and grown up. I don't see the problem with the engine output either, sure it would be nice to have the  150hp 1.4 act engine that other vw group cars use but some people act like 9.1 seconds 0-60mph is really slow when it is perfectly adequate for overtaking a hooning about the odd B road . Anyway people are entitled to the their own opinions, I just think that the new fabia is an all round great car. I ordered a monte carlo hatch on the 20th of October so according to the dealer I should have it before Christmas hopefully :/ 

• Like 3

For me and the mrs it's like skoda have dumbed down the outside (when compared to the mk2 monte) and gone nuts on the inside.....I can't get by the interior (it's bloody horrible..lol blackpool deckchair springs to mind......no offence to anyone who owns one or have just ordered one.) maybe we wil have a look at a se with a style pack (monte almost).....I've had lot of fun in our monte....driving on the back roads, it's a great little car and will be a tough act to follow....(not comparing it to a vrs) and the new monte.....well....someone said to me it might grow on u in time....but it's a long time 3 yrs to let something grow on u that u are not too keen on in the beginning.....we both like the look of the rapid sb se sport (I'll use the sport bit loosely...lol) looks lovely in the rallye green with the black accents and lovely interior as well.....will have to get a test drive and take it from there.....:) 

I think the old monte carlo and the mk2 fabia in general is too upright and narrow, I much prefer the mk3 fabia as it looks far more attractive and grown up. I don't see the problem with the engine output either, sure it would be nice to have the 150hp 1.4 act engine that other vw group cars use but some people act like 9.1 seconds 0-60mph is really slow when it is perfectly adequate for overtaking a hooning about the odd B road . Anyway people are entitled to the their own opinions, I just think that the new fabia is an all round great car. I ordered a monte carlo hatch on the 20th of October so according to the dealer I should have it before Christmas hopefully :/

Don't mean to burst your bubble but I ordered my monte on 1st September and just been told by my dealer not to expect it before 19th December! My build date was last week, so hoping it follows the trend of some of the other guys on here being around 3 weeks but who knows. Anyways, good luck :)

For me and the mrs it's like skoda have dumbed down the outside (when compared to the mk2 monte) and gone nuts on the inside.....I can't get by the interior (it's bloody horrible..lol blackpool deckchair springs to mind......no offence to anyone who owns one or have just ordered one.) maybe we wil have a look at a se with a style pack (monte almost).....I've had lot of fun in our monte....driving on the back roads, it's a great little car and will be a tough act to follow....(not comparing it to a vrs) and the new monte.....well....someone said to me it might grow on u in time....but it's a long time 3 yrs to let something grow on u that u are not too keen on in the beginning.....we both like the look of the rapid sb se sport (I'll use the sport bit loosely...lol) looks lovely in the rallye green with the black accents and lovely interior as well.....will have to get a test drive and take it from there..... :)

I can see what you mean about the seats, people will either love them or hate them. We went for the red as my wife has always wanted a red car. Fortunately, the seats and the centre console etc. match the red of the car. Not sure what a green Monte would look like with the red on the inside though :-P. 

We love the new monte though and cannot recommend it enough. We've not driven the Rapid so cannot comment on that. The performance of the 1.2 tsi 110 is more than enough for our needs and given that it will be doing 15-18k miles a year (although not next year when our baby is due) it is a nice balance between performance and economy. We priced up the diesel but fancied a change and it was going to work out about £40 a month dearer too so just didn't make sense.

Don't mean to burst your bubble but I ordered my monte on 1st September and just been told by my dealer not to expect it before 19th December! My build date was last week, so hoping it follows the trend of some of the other guys on here being around 3 weeks but who knows. Anyways, good luck :)

When I ordered my car my dealership had already ordered 3 monte carlos for the show room and for test driving so they changed the spec of one of the orders and it started being built just over two weeks ago. If I hadn't been able to change the spec of the car that they had already ordered then I wouldn't have gotten a monte carlo until after Christmas :/

• Like 1

Phone call off the dealer today and mine is being delivered to the garage tomorrow. Not bad as was only built week 45. All good.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hopefully mine will be on its way!!! week 46 build. 

• Like 1