darksides Hard pipe kit

finally had darksides hardpipes made how the should have been, i know you're all going to say they state they won't fit cars with xenons but surely they should have fitted without having to put the fuel filter pot in the boot! well after a little modification they now fit spot on why they don't make them like this i don't know and everyone with xenons could buy them then and give them even more money. (JOKE) my fabricator is going to see if he can make a few sets of these up and they will be decent prices not ds prices! £200 posted   

the welds abit crap on mine as all he had was 2.4mm welding wire but if enough interest he said he would get what ds use being 1.6mm

20150507_160813_zpsnzckmcpo.jpg

Your car used to be Red!!

I had to have my Darkside pipes modified to clear the drivers side headlight rear civer and I don't have factory xenons! I think I had one of the earlier kits that wasn't quite the right shape!

• Like 1

Mine cleared OK but I have the Depo Xenon projectors so they look the same on the back as normal.

I did have a little oddity on the top connection to the intercooler - A sort of offset join when it should have been straight I think, but the silicone joiner took the slack OK and had no boost leaks despite 40PSI of boost.

tbh the pipes supplied were very poor think the jig slipped or welder had a bad day for that money i'd expect to get the fuel pot holder in atleast and their attitude towards what i was trying to tell them was don't buy from us again. so hey i won't 

To get mine to fit they took the grinder to the backing plate on my brand new Depo Xenons!

And there was a hole in one of the welds

And then the turbo shat oil everywhere.

The rest of the work they did was okay though.

I use Dirty Torque now. They are a lot better!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...