Engine bay noise ?

Hi all

Just drove through village with window down and heard a rattle/metallic sound when reving/backing off, got home and looked under bonnet while wife revved car up touching everything to see if it stopped without any success

Anyone had same that could shine some light on the noise ?? Or where from

It's a 2013 model so under warranty

Cheers

DIY bulkhead heat shield fix: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/index.php?/topic/311004-Rattle%2E%2E%2E/page__view__findpost__p__3719993

DIY air intake fix: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/index.php?/topic/263477-Gruff-exhaust-on-140-Estate/page__view__findpost__p__3109830

Dealers won't find/acknowledge the bulkhead heat shield rattle, so you're better off doing that yourself to get peace and quiet.

Dealers will acknowledge the air intake box replacement, but try taping it up temporarily to see if that resolves the rattle before taking it into the garage.

Edited by JakeBlade

The engine cover can rattle, where the joints are on the top plastic vanes, found jamming a bit of card under 2 and 3 stops it

Hi all

Thanks for the replies and links, tried and tested most thing as mentioned with no luck.

Took it to local dealer to have a look and mechanic could hear noise I was on about, took it in workshop so followed. Watch through door when they looked at it, one reving one listening and vice versa, fetched it out and said all was ok and noise was just the sound of the injectors

Wife mentioned taking it to the next nearest dealer when in the area

Mine has developed this suspect noise as well. Only 7 months old. Can only be heard when I have the window down. Occurs when it revs above 1000rpm. It is clearly a rattle of some sort cause when I stand outside the car and gently Rev it with my left foot it's clearly noticeable. I have already took the car back to the dealer once which they said it was normal. I quickly told the service manger to get another superb with the same engine. He parked it next to mine and started to rev it up. Suprise suprise no rattle. He left a little red faced. They had the car for 2 days. Fuel pump replaced, apparently that was the source of the rattle. Picked it back up and and there was no difference. The master fit mechanic came out and explained it was some sort of cylinder. I was in a rush so said I would return if it got worse.

Now, it has not any worse than before but it clearly has a rattle somewhere. It's quite annoying when driving with the window open. I have listened to a number of 2.0litre 140 and they have no rattle at whole as they sound perfect. I am going to call into the dealer tomorrow as its clearly not right.

Is this a common issue? I take it is just with 2.0tdi's?