Company Car time

JH3894

So, I've got a new job and it comes with a car of my choice.

Been looking at 2 in particular and would just like people's opinions!

I want a petrol, that's relatively quick but also returns decent mpg when you're just cruising, ideally upwards of 45mpg at least.

I've been umming and arring over getting a Fiesta ST-3, cheap and very cheerful and the BIK tax isn't too much due to low list price. The other choice being the new 1.4 TFSI CoD 150 Audi A1 S line, I'd probably kit this out the the same spec as the fiesta ST-3 and pay a bit extra a month for the cost but save a bit in BIK because of the low emissions.

At the moment I'm edging towards the Audi but as I said, open to suggestions and opinions!

Cheers

As far as I'm aware there is a limit of around 28-30k list but I'm not 100% sure and it has to have lest than 160 CO2/kg or around that.

I'd be looking at something max about 23/4k but want a high spec.

Guest BigJase88

Leon fr 150bhp 1.4 tsi with act

Less ghay than an a1

And looks very smart (plus you can get good spec with technology pack add on)

Leon fr 150bhp 1.4 tsi with act

Less ghay than an a1

And looks very smart (plus you can get good spec with technology pack add on)

Don't really need a car that big if I'm honest but they are well priced. Will only be myself in the car 90% of the time.

A1 aint worth the money imo. Mother in law had a diesel one with s line trimmings. Harsh ride, NO rear space. Tiny boot...no spare wheel just the poxy gunge and pump with the battery in the wheel well... shes (via fatger in law as normal) now in a mazda 3. So much more car!

Bosses daughter has an a1 S line - it is a tfsi but not sure of the litre (I suspect a 1.2 if there is such thing?). Anyway, considering it is an Audi I was quite disappointed with the interior standards and comfort of the car, obviously a nicer place to be than my Fabia, but still, for a brand new Audi I was expecting more. Also it was rather wooden, as if a bottle was stuck under the accelerator pedal. The bosses son has a Q5 and that is like a Rolls inside in comparison to the A1.

Have you test driven both cars on your list JH3894 ?

JRJG

• Like 1

There are some great deals to be had on SEATs at present, colleague has just ordered a Leon ST in SE trim with plenty of options FOC.

Agree on the A1 image plus with Audi you'll pay mega for a base spec car leaving little room for options.

I still need to have a test drive of both cars. I can get extended test drives as well through the lease scheme before confirming anything so will make use of that before making a decision. Once I think I've definitely made a decision I always get drawn towards the Fiesta for some reason.

I ended up parking beside a shiny new golf and shiny new leon the other day... the back end is soooo similar and so is the A3. Theres no unique style or shape left in the vag ranges, all scale models of an mqb golf.. :(

Started looking at the Polo GTI's today as well. Another contender to add in. Good standard spec and adding sat nav, cruise and parking sensors only bring it up to 20k

• Like 1

What distance and types of roads will you be driving

The St is more of a go cart and former ride than the polo gti. I liked both each had positives

The polo more mature and engine felt like it was not working too hard. Fiesta more of a fizzy engine. I suspect I the polo day to day you would change early and use the torque, on the st I suspect you would rev it out more. If it was my only car and regularly drove longer distances polo for me of those 2

If driving more distance than the engine that's in the polo gt may appeal, sat nav is std in that. Friend has just ordered one. I assume this is also in the ibiza

• 2 weeks later...

I've just completed an order for a Polo GTI with everything apart from the app connect thing, pretty pleased at the price of it compared to the cars I was looking at considering how much car you get.

Really looking forward to it arriving now [emoji16]

• Like 1

Real world mpg of a Fiesta ST3 is no where near 45mpg for me at the moment.

Motorway gave me about 42mgp (onboard computer)

But real world A and B roads I'm around 35mpg but blow my socks off what a lot of fun to drive.

It drives like its on rails, looks great and has a very addictive induction noise :)

But at around £17.5k otr fully loaded including Molten Orange paint its a bargain IMHO.

Edited by Defenderben