Speccing a new VRS

Also gives me something to argue with if I get smartlink and not the mib2 unit (as I don't think smartlink is compatible with the old 5.8" display)

This is the bit that is unclear. The configurator says one thing and the Skoda website says something else. I'll be disappointed if I don't get the 6.5" screen in my MY16 VRS.

• Like 1

H

This is the bit that is unclear. The configurator says one thing and the Skoda website says something else. I'll be disappointed if I don't get the 6.5" screen in my MY16 VRS.

Hmmm, we all just have to hope that they have run out of the 5.8" unit by the time our cars go down the line. I suppose that's the fun with ordering a car at the time there's a model year change.

Here's hoping........ :sun:

H

Hmmm, we all just have to hope that they have run out of the 5.8" unit by the time our cars go down the line. I suppose that's the fun with ordering a car at the time there's a model year change.

Here's hoping........ :sun:

Smartlink includes Apple Car Play and there is a requirement for car play to have a 800x480 screen. If you get smartlink with the older 5.8" unit it fundamentally will not be supported by Apple Car Play so I reckon smartlink will not work (or at the very least does not work as advertised and therefore lots of thrashing and complaining from me about "not fit for purpose!")

You are incorrect about the Bolero/Canton Diango Im afraid.....the Bolero HU will simply connect to the Canton amp (located under the front passenger seat via a CANbus controlled Optical connection no different to the Columbus. No real difference in sound quality or output...only real difference is that the MIB1 Bolero and Amundsen units do not support FLAC encoding so you cant play lossless files via these systems.

Hm. I made the choice (at the time) especially because of this claim, made by the seller at the dealership. For a thousand euros less (the difference between the two) I could have lived with the Amundsen setup, which is indentical in functionality but slower and smaller. I could have opted for full leather instead!

Edited by Diango

Is it not the case that the sat nav is only "free" on the VRS to use up the 5.8 inch models and once they have used these up it will go back to being a costed option?

Is it not the case that the sat nav is only "free" on the VRS to use up the 5.8 inch models and once they have used these up it will go back to being a costed option?

This is what I thought.  I asked specifically about whether it was the MY15 or MY16 Amundsen and he stated MY16 having gone back through the dealer info from Skoda. Whether he's right is another matter...

Smartlink includes Apple Car Play and there is a requirement for car play to have a 800x480 screen. If you get smartlink with the older 5.8" unit it fundamentally will not be supported by Apple Car Play so I reckon smartlink will not work (or at the very least does not work as advertised and therefore lots of thrashing and complaining from me about "not fit for purpose!")

at the moment in Ireland I'm still being told that the new Bolero is 5.8" but with a higher resolution, from checking the Czech site etc I think we can assume that it will be 6.5" with the minimum Carplay res of 800x480

Evening all. Just had a look at my new vrs estate today. Sitting in Western Motors Drogheda waiting for a 152 plate. Went for metal gray, on 18's, black pack, leather, silver trim, manual box. Threw caution to the wind and went FSI. Can't wait to collect the it.

at the moment in Ireland I'm still being told that the new Bolero is 5.8" but with a higher resolution, from checking the Czech site etc I think we can assume that it will be 6.5" with the minimum Carplay res of 800x480

Ordered mine yesterday and left out Nav as was assured it would have the new 6.5" unit with smart link, android auto and car play. This was confirmed by Skoda Ireland and I have seen an internal product guide stating this.

EoinM what dealer did you go with? Nice to have a dealer up to speed or did you get the info direct from skoda

I ordered from Galvins in Bandon but it was Deasys who gave me the information. Galvins emailed to be sure and Deasys had a product guide stating it.

EoinM what dealer did you go with? Nice to have a dealer up to speed or did you get the info direct from skoda

I think the dealers get the raw end of the stick when it comes to spec info.....they can only go by the info given to them from above.

They may get a raw deal but it's very frustrating from a customer perspective to be met with such a lack of knowledge and in some cases a lack of a want to know the relevent info

• Like 1

Dealer told me today that the car won't have folding mirrors as standard. Added them to the order but confirmed the smart link and reverse camera. I don't know whether they were trying to make a few quid back or were serious though as there's no public source for this info.

I have the mirrors specced but will be keeping an eye on the configurator when updated, I don't think the dealers system is my16 yet

looks as if the folding mirrors are not part of the MY16 spec here, smartlink, reversing camera and who knows what stereo and screen size

• Like 1

looks as if the folding mirrors are not part of the MY16 spec here, smartlink, reversing camera and who knows what stereo and screen size

Same story I got so. Reversing camera isn't on mentioned anywhere though so I'd put more faith in a 6.5" screen over getting it[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Same story I got so. Reversing camera isn't on mentioned anywhere though so I'd put more faith in a 6.5" screen over getting it[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I heard in Ireland;

Folding mirrors are now NOT standard (this update must have only occured in last few days).

Smartlink is standard on vRS

Bolero is 6.5"

Reversing camera is standard (not sure if just on vRS)

• Like 1

Hi Folks, 

I am new to the forum but have been stalking the past few weeks. I bit the bullet and ordered the following spec from David Brown in Sheehy's Naas this week;

I would welcome any thoughts / suggestions on the spec. 

• Octavia VRS Kombi Manual
  • Metal Grey Metallic 
  • Gemini Anthracite 7.5Jx18 Alloy Wheels
  • Alarm with interior monitoring
  • PFD
  • Heated windscreen
  • Sunset Glass from B-pillar back
  • Temporary space saver spare wheel
  • Double-sided boot floor covering
  • vRS leather (contains some artificial leather)
  • Bluetooth+ voice control
  • Heated front seats
  • Electrically heated, adjustable and folding door mirrors - auto dimming
  • Heated washer nozzles, front Park distance control, front and rear
  • MITSUMI ( Apple connectivity ) - TBC versus Smartlink Carplay
  • Trunk net
  • Interior light in footwell front and rear
  • Maxi Dot "Colour"
  • Trunk lid power closing
  • Digital radio reception (DAB)
  • Chrome-plated moldings

I am awaiting confirmation of delivery date but looks like September delivery, I should have delivery date confirmed next monday. 

The longest wait has begun! 

Thanks, 

JP

Edited by VRS@CW

Hi Folks,

I am new to the forum but have been stalking the past few weeks. I bit the bullet and ordered the following spec from David Brown in Sheehy's Naas this week;

I would welcome any thoughts / suggestions on the spec.

• Octavia VRS Kombi Manual
  • Metal Grey Metallic
  • Gemini Anthracite 7.5Jx18 Alloy Wheels
  • Alarm with interior monitoring
  • PFD
  • Heated windscreen
  • Sunset Glass from B-pillar back
  • Temporary space saver spare wheel
  • Double-sided boot floor covering
  • vRS leather (contains some artificial leather)
  • Bluetooth+ voice control
  • Heated front seats
  • Electrically heated, adjustable and folding door mirrors - auto dimming
  • Heated washer nozzles, front Park distance control, front and rear
  • MITSUMI ( Apple connectivity ) - TBC versus Smartlink Carplay
  • Trunk net
  • Interior light in footwell front and rear
  • Maxi Dot "Colour"
  • Trunk lid power closing
  • Digital radio reception (DAB)
  • Chrome-plated moldings

I am awaiting confirmation of delivery date but looks like September delivery, I should have delivery date confirmed next monday.

The longest wait has begun!

Thanks,

JP

Hi JP,

You must have ticked all the options lol.

I also bought from Dave....he's a good guy to deal with.

[*]MITSUMI ( Apple connectivity ) - TBC versus Smartlink Carplay

Why "TBC versus Smartlink Carplay"

I thought there would be no requirement for Mitsumi with the MY16 Smartlink/Carplay included?...

.or have I missed something?

Hi Gaff, 

I got a bit carried away alright.... :D

I justified it to myself as I will be hanging on to it for 5/6 years so might as well get everything I want! 

I know the PFD is a gimmick but he ho 

When is yours due? 

Regards,

JP

Well there is confusion apparently on the mitsumi and apple car play according to David, there is some licencing issue with apple in ireland at present about the car play

If smartlink/applecar play is there then no mitsumi