Neighbour's noisy kids- options

Gumby

Killing is a bit extreme, you could try leaving burgers pumped full of tranquillizers lying on their doorstep, ringing the bell and running away.

Or flaming dog poo

Or pay kids to repeatedly knock on their door and run away...

Option 5 here too, try to be polite and friendly about it, they're more likely to assist if you're tactile about it

Option 5 is indeed the best first and most appropriate course of action, as the new family may not be aware of the distress they are causing you.

If the refuse or don't heed your request, then keeping an inventory of unruly and anti-social behaviour of the best course of action before the authorities take over regarding ASBOs' or evictions.

DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER moving, you were there first!!!!!!!!!

Hope this helps.

Rent at the moment, but looking to buy it soon.

They've been ok for the past few days (haven't said anything yet) but if that doesn't work I'll try and find out who their landlord is and speak to them instead.

As I mentioned before- landlords ,in the main, couldn't care less. SEE #12 and #15 . 

We had the same issue with the neighbours of our last rented property - husband watched football at stupid volumes all weekend, loud music every evening  from when then kids get home till 9, 10, 11, sometimes 3 in the morning.

The kids threw bottles and rubbish over the garden wall, nearly took my eye out once with a washing line pole sailing over too.  Father was very aggressive when approached about the kids behaviour, never answered the door when we tried going round to ask for the music to be turned down.

After 8 months, we approached the Council....who promptly sent us the noise recording paperwork AND wrote to the neighbours to let them know we'd complained about their noise and would be keeping records for two weeks.

Cue 2 weeks of silence.  Then the letter the council sent to the neighbours was shoved through our letterbox all torn and screwed up, along with a big black boot print halfway up the front door....the kids started verbally abusing my wife whenever I wasn't around, then throwing stones at the windows....then the music started up again. 

The final straw came one evening when the husband, drunk as a lord, stood at his front window, hurling abuse at some elderly guests we had invited, accusing them and me of being paedo's.

We didn't engage or tackle him about it, we quietly called the police - shouting that someone's a child abuser in public, living next to a School was, I thought, a serious matter......the cops felt otherwise, reasoning that as he was in his own house, the father could say and do whatever he wanted, ignoring that half the street could hear him with his windows fully open.

We put up with the noise and abuse for over a year in total, the authorities were useless for us.  I dreaded coming home, I couldn't relax as I was always on edge waiting for the music, abusive shouting, or the sound of bottles smashing in our back garden to start.

We moved. Although we can sometimes hear our new neighbours telly or his gf when doing the act, it's not intrusive or long lasting.

Some people are just animals, and attempts to resolve in a mature, tolerant fashion will only antagonise.  The authorities are toothless or unwilling, at least in our town.

You need to move - it will be liberating and you'll get a better quality of life.

After 8 months, we approached the Council....who promptly sent us the noise recording paperwork AND wrote to the neighbours to let them know we'd complained about their noise and would be keeping records for two weeks.

This seems so silly. Realistically you WANT to have them acting natural so why do they inform them that they're being recorded. Such a dull move by the council. I'm not a horrible person but the only way to deal with these people sometimes is to start ruining their lives much more than they ruin yours. Having said that, it can escalate and backfire, so moving was probably the right call even if it is ridiculous that you're the one who has to move. 

Although we can sometimes hear our new neighbours telly or his gf when doing the act, it's not intrusive or long lasting.

He must be doing it wrong ;D

This seems so silly. Realistically you WANT to have them acting natural so why do they inform them that they're being recorded. Such a dull move by the council. I'm not a horrible person but the only way to deal with these people sometimes is to start ruining their lives much more than they ruin yours. Having said that, it can escalate and backfire, so moving was probably the right call even if it is ridiculous that you're the one who has to move. 

He must be doing it wrong ;D

Or maybe he is doing it so right! :D :p :peek:

• Like 1

As I mentioned before- landlords ,in the main, couldn't care less. SEE #12 and #15 .

I second this. We had issues with 2 of the 3 tenants in the rented house next door to us (our own purchased home) to the point where one of them stole the lead off the roof and the other flooded his house and ours then we had his wheelie bin thrown through our front window in a case of mistaken identity (he owned someone money and they got the address wrong).

We made contact with the house owner and her letting agent. The letting agent was quite frankly a bitch. she laughed at my wife on the phone to the point my wife became very upset.

at this point I did a number of things, some of them I'm not very proud of;

I told our neighbour if we had any more trouble from him I'd assault him.

I phoned the owner of the house and told her if she didn't help us I'd inform the council of the issue and failing that drive the tenant out and drive any others away.

Lastly and most regrettably I stormed into the letting agents premises and threatened the woman who laughed at my wife. told her I'd make her life a misery like ours was fast becoming. This sparked some attention from the old bill who were surprisingly sound over the matter.

things changed but we'd fallen out with our house and after 3 years of living there we moved out.

my old man bought it off us and rents it out. His tenant loves it!