Mirrorlink - update from Skoda UK 29/5/2015

Lol so what are they quacking on about? I'll have to check myself after delivery today.

Edited by Dilz

They can set auto lock, I requested it was done on mine but it doesn't correspond with what the manual says about operation, but then again its skoda so enough said.

Acoustic beeps, easy enough to do as well, though I like the option to switch them off as can be slightly irritating at times.

Skoda UK, still loving my working mirrorlink, not....

• Like 1

I have had mirrorlink working on my car , just not on an iPhone .Sony experia z3 compact it looked quite good ,just not many apps would work. :no:

Really enjoying the car though.

post-58676-0-13611700-1433949425_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

So, I took delivery of my SEL today and boy she's a beautiful car.

The autolocking issue I mentioned earlier is still confusing the hell out of me so I'll speak to my dealer about why he couldn't set it up...

And a MAJOR issue was discovering that they did not add the heated seats I requested (and PAID for), which the dealer acknowledges as his mistake and will look to retrofit them... But otherwise I'm loving it!

• Like 2

I have had mirrorlink working on my car , just not on an iPhone .Sony experia z3 compact it looked quite good ,just not many apps would work. :no:

Really enjoying the car though.

Looks lovely in Pacific Blue Mick. Which apps worked?

Thanks Phil not many it was the young salesmans phone maps worked until you move so did sygic but it was the free version you could brow photos it played video which it not supposed to but all his apps on the phone and there was few were blacked out when we moved the car . I have upgraded my wife's phone and I comes today so I will put some apps on and let you know.

• Like 1

Hmmm... Just recieved a call from my dealer saying that couldn't switch on the "auto lock when setting off" feature on the car due to it having the push button to start?!

Has anybody else been able to switch on a feature to have the doors lock automatically when setting off in their SEL cars in the UK?

I think that some Skoda Dealers need a rocket up their backside. It's a simple matter of the technician plugging in his laptop and enabling the feature. I waited whilst they did it and took a couple of minutes at best. I have it set to lock at 10mph. I am beginning to despair at Skoda and wonder what is going on with this Company.

Still awaiting sense out of Skoda but glad Trading Standards going to get involved especially as I have just received a e-mail from Customer Services !!!!!!! telling me to go to this web-site to get the list of compatible phones (Here is the link to the Mirror Link website where you will be able to find a full compatibility list:

https://cert.mirrorlink.com/ProductListing/) please note that it is the CCC site who then post a disclaimer.

• Like 1

Don't expect any sense out of Skoda.

They have now told me that there are no plans to introduce Amundsen as a retro fit for pre week 22 cars, despite telling me they were working on it 2 weeks ago?!

I have been passed onto a new person at Skoda UK, which doesn't help continuity.

Skoda's stance has not changed with me, it's a flat no for everything, but Auto Express have been told that Skoda are working to find a resolution, YET ANOTHER MIXED MESSAGE!

Who knows what's going on, but Skoda need to get their act together and the stories a lot straighter.

Skoda stance is spalling Kev pretty much like mirrolink which I got to work on s Sony Xperia z3 compact .Happy catPhil the only apps I got to were parkopedia free version does not work when moving ,weatherpro 99p aupeo audioteka all need a subscription but the Worst was Sygic

Which works fine on iPhone screen but flakey is not the word it's rubbish if I tried to put music on the screen locked up . So I took the phone back and I will not bother with mirrorlink at all in its present form . Sort it out Skoda it ruins a great car.

• Like 1

Hi all,
I'm a new member to this Briskoda family and very happy to own a Skoda Fabia.
My Z3 compact is working with mirrorlink. But its has lag. Playing music via mirrorlink is very laggy. I found some results with my phone for this mirrorlink system,
connection interrupted by some software bugs. Connection checks itself status within 5-6 seconds and it stops to transfer data for about 0.3-0.5 secs.

I think they need to update firmware.

And please enjoy your Fabia :p

Hi Kerem welcome to the forum That was the problem I wanted mirrorlink to work and when I bought the z3 it was always going to be a compromise so getting use to a new phone ,which worked fine on its own.Everything was to slow , flakey so I just decided if couldn't have Iphone working I won't use Mirrorlink and just enjoy the car which is Great .

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Been following this thread with interest and somewhat dissapointed at Skoda's poor response and lack of (consistent) communication. How Skoda manage to get such good customer service ratings if this is how they carry on is beyond me!

For those of you talking to AutoExpress/Trading Standards and listing the promised functionality of smartphone / infotainment integration as being a major contributor to your decision to buy the Fabia as it was for me, you might like to reference the following web page, http://telematicsnews.info/2014/10/27/car-connectivity-consortium-praises-skodas-mirrorlink-strategy_o5274/ where Skoda's then Head of Electric and electronic development says: “ŠKODA sees MirrorLink as a main factor in the brand’s mass-market appeal.” So Skoda know its a major influencer in peoples car buying decision.

As the satnav functionality rates highest as the reason for wanting smartphone / infotainment integration for most owners I thought it worth mentioning that Pioneer are doing a satnav add-on for the Bolero as fitted to the Fabia Mk3. http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/111/241/CA-NAV-VAG.260/page.html

Perhaps Skoda would like to provide and fit this unit at no cost to all early adoptors as some level of compensation if they can't manage to sort out an upgrade using their own products!!! With the availability of this unit we know Skoda can't say that they can't do anything...only that they chose to do nothing.      

• Like 4

Hi Rick welcome to the forum . Out of interest What phone are you using please ? Can you play music when Sygic is working because when I tried on mine I couldn't , and the screen froze . Any input would be useful.

Thanks

• Like 1

christ.. this thread'll be going until Chrimble at this rate.. maybe someone should speak to What Car? given the Fabia 3 is supposed to be What Car? of the year 2015.. see what they have to say about it all.  Perhaps someone should send the link to this thread so they can read peoples comments.  I'll let you guys sort all of this one out for me.. I'm not 100% bothered quite frankly it's not working as of yet.. I'm a bit more patient than most.. if the website says updates are available twice a year, then I can wait to see what comes along.  I use a Galaxy S3mini on my car, to upgrade it to Android v5.x is painful, but not impossible.. Android Auto only works on Android v5 OS and above at any rate, so at the moment, my Jellybean mobile will have to do with being used for bluetooth calls and messages and the like.. it does the job and I have a Garmin satnav at any - far more accurate than Google maps ever will be and more sensible with motorways coloured blue and not orange unlike Google.. idiots.. if you get it resolved by Christmas let me know.. :rofl:

post-73508-0-33532200-1434292792_thumb.jpgAll washed and ready for her close up with Auto Express tomorrow.

Looks like it's about to rain too........marvellous.

Hope to hear something from the Journalist this week, hopefully we will get a resolution.

Edited by kevrs16
  • Like 2

attachicon.gif20150614_151523 (1920 x 1440).jpgattachicon.gif20150614_151523 (1920 x 1440).jpgattachicon.gif20150614_151523 (1920 x 1440).jpgAll washed and ready for her close up with Auto Express tomorrow.

Looks like it's about to rain too........marvellous.

Hope to hear something from the Journalist this week, hopefully we will get a resolution.

Yeah I'm liking the car too Kev...holding my breath! I had a look at the Pioneer solution which has been around since 2012! Skoda could have easily offered this as an option. £300 - £ 400 though!  :swear:

• Like 2

Yeah I'm liking the car too Kev...holding my breath! I had a look at the Pioneer solution which has been around since 2012! Skoda could have easily offered this as an option. £300 - £ 400 though!  :swear:

I think it would be a real embarrassment if Skoda had to go the aftermarket route, it should have been pukka from the start.

It will teach Skoda for launching a half @rsed effort in the first place, we shouldn't even have to think that way.

Plus, if Pioneer can do it, then i'm 99% sure Skoda can, they just don't seem to want to.

• Like 2

when I was looking at the Fabia 3 I initially thought "this mirror link looks good" but it is only when you started to read the small print it becomes apparent the list of supported phones is limited and the list of apps even more limited, only apps authorised by skoda will work and android OS which was useless as my phone is a nokia Lumia running windows

unfortunately you have to look at the foot notes in the brouchure to find out the limitation so if you just "read the headlines" in the brouchures, which is how so many have missed these limitations

even the dealers do not appear to know the full story, people on here seem to know more than them

when I was looking at the Fabia 3 I initially thought "this mirror link looks good" but it is only when you started to read the small print it becomes apparent the list of supported phones is limited and the list of apps even more limited, only apps authorised by skoda will work and android OS which was useless as my phone is a nokia Lumia running windows

unfortunately you have to look at the foot notes in the brouchure to find out the limitation so if you just "read the headlines" in the brouchures, which is how so many have missed these limitations

even the dealers do not appear to know the full story, people on here seem to know more than them

The limitations were well known about, but if you are promised updates at a later date, then it is somewhat irrelevant. It is Skoda's attitude to it's customers that should have been in the small print.

The dealers are very misinformed, Skoda UK had no idea about Mirrorlink when I first raised the issue, and both of them have been kept in the dark by Skoda.

Hopefully we are closer to some sort of answer.

Incidentally, I would have still have got one knowing what I know now, I just would have waited until now to order one.

• Like 2