Mirrorlink - update from Skoda UK 29/5/2015

No loss of signal as yet just had a quick look at my car the aerial is completely hidden on my car .Hope that helps

Only had two glitches since fitting they may not be anything but the first was on a phone call the bolero screen started distorting second on vehicle telemetry disappeared but on both occasions switched ignition off problem solved . Fingers crossed nothing major .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No loss of signal as yet just had a quick look at my car the aerial is completely hidden on my car .Hope that helps

Only had two glitches since fitting they may not be anything but the first was on a phone call the bolero screen started distorting second on vehicle telemetry disappeared but on both occasions switched ignition off problem solved . Fingers crossed nothing major .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your post Mick. Initially I had full satellite connections, it may be that my gps box has become dislodged or something under the dash. I will be trying to find out on Friday.

• Like 1

Been back to Blade Skoda in Bristol today. They repositioned the antenna (Still under the dash/out of site). Now have full satellite coverage and Nav is working perfectly. Also spoke to Kate today at customer services, she tells me that Kenwood also have some sort of splitter device that will address issues with poor satellite reception.

• Like 1

Hi,

sorry if this has been discussed, i did look though but couldnt see...If i just wanted Smarklink on a pre-22 fabia, could the Bolero be swapped out for a newer generation Bolero? i.e. the units fitted in post-22 vehicles.

thanks

Edited by fabiagn

does the satnav/kenwood unit do Android auto+mirrorlink+apple car play?

I'm not fussed about satnav but i ordered the car especially for 'smartlink', and wasnt told about the issue, just received the car and it's pre-22. It's quite misleading if i'm sold a car and not informed about the problem. not sure if there is anything i can do?

cheers

does the satnav/kenwood unit do Android auto+mirrorlink+apple car play?

I'm not fussed about satnav but i ordered the car especially for 'smartlink', and wasnt told about the issue, just received the car and it's pre-22. It's quite misleading if i'm sold a car and not informed about the problem. not sure if there is anything i can do?

cheers

It only provides the satnav feature.

Sent from my Moto G

Today Skoda CS have offered us a Garmin Nuvi or £108 towards another unit, which we've turned down on the basis that prior to purchase we had brought up the Bolero compatibilty issues & were promised that our iphones would work giving us intergrated sat nav by the main dealer.

Seems like they will offer the intergrated Kenwood unit to pre build week 22 owners (mirrorlink) if you kick up enough fuss, but are trying to fob post week 22 owners (carplay) off with the much cheaper Garmin unit.

Lodged a complaint against the dealer for miselling & for putting 25 miles on the car when it was in for a possible instrument cluster light fault.

Will keep you posted.

Hello all.

FYI - Mirrorlink seems to work with Samsung Galaxy A3 LTE Android 5.0.2 on Skoda Fabia III Bolero MY15 Mirrorlink only.

Cannot say anything about performance, stability, etc. just that - it connects and shows apps.

IMPORTANT: you must have at least ONE certified app installed on your phone to Bolero connect with your phone. If you have none, Bolero will give you error messages. I have installed Parkopedia, Aupeo and Audioteka. After doing it I connected my phone by USB, chose Mirrorlink and VOILA it shows apps.

Here is the proof (sorry for quality..).

Cheers,

post-129432-0-23349800-1445457758_thumb.png

Kenwood fitted last week

My wife purchased a Fabia MK3 earlier in the year. Not pleased she got involved with all this nonsense.

Through all the helpful advice on this forum I managed to get is resolved (Thanks to you all)

A special thanks to the Skoda Dealer in Weston Super Mare for all their help and support (Blades)

The wife works in and out of London and the Kenwood works a treat. We purchased a TomTom that kept dropping the signal.(Funny works fine in daughters Ford)

We paid a third equal share of the price with the dealer and Skoda we could have held out but save further earache for her indoors I got it done

Ones again thanks to all the contributors I will nor slip back to the Yeti forum

• Like 2

Had a call from Skoda CS today, & they have agreed to fit the Kenwood FOC. It's taken a few weeks & many phone calls, but we finally got there.

As a goodwill gesture for the messing around & the excessive miles (25!!) that were put on the car when it was last in with them, the Dealer (Capitol Skoda Newport) has also offered to fill the fuel tank up when it goes in for the Kenwood to be fitted. Looks like I'll be driving there with the low fuel light on then! :D

Fair play to Cherie @ Skoda CS & Dean @ Capitol Skoda. :clap:

Edited by pauldazzle
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Skoda CS agreed to fit the Kenwood FOC. All done and working well. The dealer took a couple of days to do it but it was all hidden away and no sign of any boxes in the footwell etc. I asked them to leave the original Media button in place as the colour match of the replacement Media/Vav button is geared to the VW and the colour mismatch would have looked odd. Now just to get to the bottom of why the auto door locking/ anti hijack feature is missing from the firmware in my car.

• Like 2