Mirrorlink - update from Skoda UK 29/5/2015

Ask your dealer for the build week if its b/w22 it should have smartlink ,so if you get apple car play from app store your maps will should work .My car is b/w 20 and i can only get voice commands through blue tooth,and no visual maps.Hope that Helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks 'Mick50' - thats really helpful. Do Skoda use a normal calendar for build weeks? i.e. week one is in January? I still haven't had a build week for my car although they are still insisting I shall get it at the end of October - what do you think of my chances??!!

Hi Jane so i am assuming your car is not built yet?in which case it will have smartlink. B/week 23 was June 1st.

My cars that i have ordered have taken 2to 3 weeks from leaving factory to dealer.So if its built this week or next you will have your car by end of October i would say.

Picked up my new 1.2 SEL dog today. Unluckily it was a week 21. The dealer is more than happy to take up the issue with Skoda and try and get me the Kenwood unit to sort this issue out. Can someone please let me have the full name, contact number and email address for the lady who is dealing in customer services. Thanks. In my short journey home I am very impressed. Coming out of an Audi A3 1.6 diesel DSG. Considering the price differential it is a great choice.

Had a missed call from Kate today, typical, been waiting all week for a return promised call and I leave my phone at home, doh.

In her message she said they have a Fabia on site today to try a variety of phones then she'll call tomorrow with a further update, no mention of the Kenwood even though I stated in my original email that this would be my preferred integrated option.

Hopefully I'll get to speak to her tomorrow and see what she has to offer although I'll be pushing for the Kenwood but I'm not holding my breathe!!!

Skoda customer services 0333 003 7504 ask for Kate the Lady that's dealing with Mirrorlink that will get you through to her .I don't have her email address but this one do [email protected] .[emoji4]

Just had by kenwood fitted .I m quite pleased with it , it works well.

Do you have any pictures of the unit please and Skoda uk won't tell me about any thing and did you get the £145 from Skoda uk them u had to pay the balance

7671e99376b85fb8a4ceefc3446cedae.jpg

The photo is of just the standard Bolero unit with satnav on the screen but everything else is hidden behind the glove box in the dashboard.

All I will say on cost is that Kate has been very professional through out my dealings with her .Myself and others have been fighting Skoda over this for months and I'm still out off pocket on mirror link ie cost of phone etc but I am very pleased with the out come and it goes some way to restoring faith in Skoda customer service.

Looks good Mick 50, glad we are finally getting something done, mine is booked in for early next week, huge relief off of my shoulders. All they have to do now is assure everyone that there emissions are correct :D

Just out of interest, are you still able to access the unit now it is fitted behind the glovebox? ideally I would want mine out of sight as well, just wondering how difficult or easy it was to achieve,

Cheers

Hi everything is behind the glovebox on mine i cant see it at all, just waiting on a call to see how we update it.Glad mines a petrol lol.

Mick,

I have been told that I need to pay for updates which load onto a SD card and slot into one of the black boxes, is yours still accessible? where did they put it exactly?

I have noticed that the maps are about a year out of date already, but can't see any available updates on the Garmin or Kenwood sites. I was thinking of e-mailing Garmin to ask why a brand new unit should be a year out of date, to see what they say about it.

Who are you waiting for a call back from regarding updates?

Cheers.

Hi Kev I was waiting for the dealer to get back to me with news from Kenwood about updates. yes they can be updated via the sd card slot on the back of the black box which is completely hidden behind the glove box on mine which is what I wanted . I've been told that the glove box and head unit would have to come out oops. Mine is supposed to up to date but not had chance to use it much to find out.

Cheers.

Skoda customer services 0333 003 7504 ask for Kate the Lady that's dealing with Mirrorlink that will get you through to her .I don't have her email address but this one will do [email protected] .[emoji4]

Just had by kenwood fitted .I m quite pleased with it , it works well.

I tried this route but was told by Kate that because my phone was compatible with mirrorlink they would not do anything for me at all, denied that the kenwood unit was even an option and told me to wait for a software update that she hoped would come at some point when the factory is not so busy....

Having yet again rang Skoda to speak to Kate, she's never rang back when she said she would get back to me, she said that because the Android phone I have was never on the compatibility list for Mirrorlink, I can't have the Kenwood MIB and was offered the Garmin.

My reasoning was that when I ordered the car I was told only IPhones weren't compatible and that Android phones would work, which we now know only about 4-5 Android phones work with the full version Sygic app installed and bacause these didn't work then that's why they have had the Kenwood fitted. My response was what's the point of me replacing my phone with a so called compatible one if it's not going to work anyway!!!

So far, I haven't found Skoda very helpful and are of the 'so what' attitude, Kate did ask who the salesman was who sold me the car as at the time he said any Mirrorlink issues would be rectified, she said she would speak to the retailer and see where they stand about contributing towards the Kenwood but said it would require a contribution from me, one which I'm going to fight against. She also said she'd ring back today before 5.30 but surprise surprise, she never did!!!

Hi guys, sorry for being late to the party but my partner has a fabia picked up early April 2015. She has never been able to get mirror link to work. I have tried to read through this thread but I'm getting confused. I know that her car is affected with this. But can someone summarize the solution for what we need to do to address this, our if indeed we are too late and have missed the boat? Thanks :)

Hi guys, sorry for being late to the party but my partner has a fabia picked up early April 2015. She has never been able to get mirror link to work. I have tried to read through this thread but I'm getting confused. I know that her car is affected with this. But can someone summarize the solution for what we need to do to address this, our if indeed we are too late and have missed the boat? Thanks :)

Me to on this one just having taken delivery of a 15 plate pre-reg Fabia SE. Plug my iPhone 5C in and nowt happens. Be keen to understand what my options are; hassle Skoda or wait for a software update to enable SmartLink if there is likely to be such a thing?

Regards Bob

Hi. Skoda have now agreed to fit this Kenwood system to my car, (Still waiting to find out when).  If one box is fitted into the passenger footwell does it get in the way,be vulnerable and look untidy.

Pleased to report that Kate went on to order the parts direct from Kenwood and these have now arrived at my local Skoda dealer. My car is booked in for the Nav Module fitment next week. So well done to Kate and Skoda for sorting things out.   I must say,  I believe that the Kenwood MIB  will be far better than having a working mirrorlink system. 

• Like 3

Pleased to report that Kate went on to order the parts direct from Kenwood and these have now arrived at my local Skoda dealer. My car is booked in for the Nav Module fitment next week. So well done to Kate and Skoda for sorting things out.   I must say,  I believe that the Kenwood MIB  will be far better than having a working mirrorlink system.

What were you offered first from Kate and what phone did you have when you took delivery of the car.

Kate has rang me today to inform me she's spoken to the dealer today and is waiting to here back from them regarding the Kenwood, have you had to make a financial contribution as she says that I may have to !!