watch out guys

Car insurance evertone hates that time of the year!!!

Just trying to sort out my insurance today and skoda octavia VRS are more expensive to insure compared to last year.. according to insurance companies and thier statistics for this year...

Has everyone been crashing last year???

Shop around - ours was cheaper than ever this year

Yeah I've tried everyone there all more expensive than last year,married home owner etc etc.

I asked why and the octavia is more to insure this year for some reason as they said fro. Statistics

Just got my Multicar renewal through from Admiral today for the two cars in my profile - £520.

Did a moneysupermarket quote on the two cars separately and got it down to £430 (Tesco & Endsleigh).

Also did an online Admiral Multicar quote as a new customer - £452.

When I rang up Multicar they noticed a few mistakes on my online quote and reduced it down to £401 with a £250 excess.

I've now been with Admiral since 2009. I've found that you have to play the game to get the best prices.

Just got my Multicar renewal through from Admiral today for the two cars in my profile - £520.

Did a moneysupermarket quote on the two cars separately and got it down to £430 (Tesco & Endsleigh).

Also did an online Admiral Multicar quote as a new customer - £452.

When I rang up Multicar they noticed a few mistakes on my online quote and reduced it down to £401 with a £250 excess.

I've now been with Admiral since 2009. I've found that you have to play the game to get the best prices.

I was with admiral multi car with my 2 cars and my last year price was just shy of 600 and I had everything break down insurances etc etc and they now quoted me 1200 pound I said off lol

Got to separate quotes from direct line cheaper than my original one and they told me 1100 I said that's still 500 too much...I tried to do a new quote with them on Internet but just tells me I'm already a customer I have to ring

Have you tried the comparison sites?

Direct Line are not on these comparison sites, such as www.moneysupermarket.com.

Admiral will let you do an online quote if you are an existing customer, I did one this afternoon. When you do it you get an AD APT number. When I spoke to the girl to query why my online quote was cheaper than their renewal she was able to take the AD APT number and view on her computer the online quote I had just done.

• Like 2

Have you tried the comparison sites?

Direct Line are not on these comparison sites, such as www.moneysupermarket.com.

Admiral will let you do an online quote if you are an existing customer, I did one this afternoon. When you do it you get an AD APT number. When I spoke to the girl to query why my online quote was cheaper than their renewal she was able to take the AD APT number and view on her computer the online quote I had just done.

I will get the wife to try tomorrow afternoon we did it over weekend and wouldn't let me just said I see your an existing customer please contact us.. hopefully work tomorrow admiral have always been the cheapest. I tried compare the market and it just goes to admiral hopefully have more luck tomorrow runs out on 5th

• Like 1

My car insurance increased this week (actually due on 6th June) by just under £10 up to £174.32 . Me (68) and wife (67), protected max no-claims (actually 16 years), 12K miles/year, £100 excess.  For the last 5 years it had been the same, or once slightly less.

I was with admiral multi car with my 2 cars and my last year price was just shy of 600 and I had everything break down insurances etc etc and they now quoted me 1200 pound I said off lol

Got to separate quotes from direct line cheaper than my original one and they told me 1100 I said that's still 500 too much...I tried to do a new quote with them on Internet but just tells me I'm already a customer I have to ring

I had a similar problem last year.  I put in the surrounding 4 neighbours addresses & the quote was 25% cheaper.  I rang the insurer & they said they said it was a promotion for new customers.  I escalated my complaint up through their management structure & they offered me 15% off the renewal but wouldn't match the "new customer price".  So I told them that I'm now an "ex-customer" and cancelled my car insurance,  house & contents insurance and another policy.  AUD6000 (GBP3000) of business.  

I told them that if they were lucky I might become a new customer when renewal comes around.

Given the difficulties in attracting new customers, I cant understand why they treat existing customers with such contempt.

Edited by brad1.8T
  • Like 1

Try Quidco too. I got a decent quote and £20 cashback.

I never found the VRS expensive, thanks to my rural postcode I was down to about £150 fully comp the last time I did it.

Doesn't seem to matter what I drive now within reason I get the same sort of prices, I think I've bottomed out in insurance.

Lots of companies only offer good deals to new customers. It's just an unfortunate truth that a new customer is worth more than retaining an old customer.

Loyalty doesn't pay so **** 'em and move around.

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 3

Try Quidco too. I got a decent quote and £20 cashback.

I never found the VRS expensive, thanks to my rural postcode I was down to about £150 fully comp the last time I did it.

Doesn't seem to matter what I drive now within reason I get the same sort of prices, I think I've bottomed out in insurance.

Lots of companies only offer good deals to new customers. It's just an unfortunate truth that a new customer is worth more than retaining an old customer.

Loyalty doesn't pay so **** 'em and move around.

I want to do mine online, but because it is mapped then I have to speak on the phone. Grr.

Never ever just accept the renewal quote without checking around first.  Oh and certainly never ever ever let them con you inot automatic renewal by Direct Debit each year. They do that because they know loads of folk are just too lazy or stupid to look for other quotes and they reap the benefit.  As Aspman said their is no loyalty bonus so look around for better offers because they are out there.

Not had a renewal for either of ours yet but as we are old we get it for peanuts anyway. :D

• Like 1

Renewals are a scam really. I am paying the same price as the previous year for the same cover to the same company at the same address . . . but only because I went to a comparison website.

Well wife is still trying again today while im working but still cant get a qute anywhere near what i was paying last year for multi car insurance i was paying 800 a year now they want over 1100 and nothing changed just another years no claims

Comparison sites EVERY TIME. Companies will rob you if you let them.

Try a few, too. You may be surprised. Also try different (but similar) job descriptions.

Also a lot of the time Renewal prices can get dearer the nearer you leave it to the renewal date. ie do not leave it to the last minute, (or week), Lol.

Took me ages to get a good multicar quote, as I owned both cars. Eventually Swiftcover agreed to increase my lower 'no claims' to match my higher number of 'no claims' in years (I had two sets of 'no claims') and got both cars under £200 each, including business cover. (£100 excess, iirc)

I believe a lot of the time, single cover will be cheaper than multicar. Just the same as 'Dool Fool' (dual fuel). Do an in depth comparison if you do not believe me. It will depend on individual circumstances though, obviously.

Edited by Tilt

Well wife is still trying again today while im working but still cant get a qute anywhere near what i was paying last year for multi car insurance i was paying 800 a year now they want over 1100 and nothing changed just another years no claims

MSE's Martin had said car insurance for 'male's' was to increase this year.

Due to fraudsters, apparently! I think we know who the real fraudsters are, Lol.

(edit) 10% increase likely very shortly. Ref MSE / AA, today.

Edited by Tilt
  • Like 1

You can also try putting an older relative on the insurance. Can drop the price a bit sometimes.

You might find if it's all gone up that there have been a lot of claims in your postcode.

They use all sorts of stats to make up the quote

You can also try putting an older relative on the insurance. Can drop the price a bit sometimes.

You might find if it's all gone up that there have been a lot of claims in your postcode.

They use all sorts of stats to make up the quote

well i already have as my in-laws drive my second car around when they are over from africa so i put them on the qoute as its cheaper than hiring a car for a month.. 

well so tried comparison quotes now on both cars and still £1100 combinate whats going on... the only thing i could try is take my details away from the motor trade they seem to sting me for that as im a parts manager for a motor factors maybe change that

the only thing i could try is take my details away from the motor trade they seem to sting me for that as im a parts manager for a motor factors maybe change that

A BIG YES on that note. There must be something else you can put, legally of course though. :notme: .

Preferably not sales person though, either.

A BIG YES on that note. There must be something else you can put, legally of course though. :notme: .

Preferably not sales person though, either.

I ensure 2 cars as a traveling sales manager for sub £500 so job titles like sales can't make that much difference.

• Like 1

I managed to get 480 full comp, 27 with 1 year ncb, cheaper than the 1.4 civic I upgraded from. They wanted like 650 for that. Looks like I bought at the right time. Hopefully won't get rinsed next year.

I managed to get 480 full comp, 27 with 1 year ncb, cheaper than the 1.4 civic I upgraded from. They wanted like 650 for that. Looks like I bought at the right time. Hopefully won't get rinsed next year.

• Like 1

Right well will try that they hate people in the motor trade although people like me are more lily to loom after there car..... I'm 25 married house 2 years no claims as work vehicles my wife 8 years ncb 26 and still struggling will get her to change it over