SD Card Slots

Just thinking about upgrading to a Scout (from a Kia Sportage).

I see that there are 2 SDCARD slots in the glove box as well as a USB slot. Is this for both the Amundsen and Columbus units?

Can I use all 3 at the same time and switch between them or is one or more used for the satnav data?

(I would like to have one source with Music and one source with Audio books on).

When playing MP3 off the SDCARD or USB does it carry on playing from the point when the ignition was turned off?

Can I switch from playing say an audio book on the SDCARD to music on the USB, and then when I switch back to the audio book it will carry on from where it left off?

Thanks

Steve

I've got the Amundsen and one of the SD slots is constantly occupied by the satnav data SD card (I THINK that this is the same deal with the columbus). The other is used for music files, or it is in mine anyway!

[This raises a question to which I don't know the answer - i.e. if you're prepared to forego the sat nav, can you use the other SD slot for music as well? Someone on here will definitely know!]

You can switch between the SD card and the USB for audio (it's toggled by pressing the media button on the headunit to cycle through the sources). In both cases the audio resumes from where it was when the ignition was turned off, and indeed also from where it last was when you toggled to a different audio input. Same with the CD.

At least one other person on here (I know because I copied off him!) uses the SD card for music and the USB for kids' stories/songs. Works really well.

I see that there are 2 SDCARD slots in the glove box as well as a USB slot. Is this for both the Amundsen and Columbus units?

Can I use all 3 at the same time and switch between them or is one or more used for the satnav data?

(I would like to have one source with Music and one source with Audio books on).

When playing MP3 off the SDCARD or USB does it carry on playing from the point when the ignition was turned off?

Can I switch from playing say an audio book on the SDCARD to music on the USB, and then when I switch back to the audio book it will carry on from where it left off?

Thanks

Steve

2 is for satnav  1 for music

Thanks

Steve

I have the Columbus. This unit has 2 sd cards, 1 USB slot and about 11gb storage for internal Jukebox. This is my setup:-

SD Card 1: 128gb - Containing Audio books

SD Card 2: 128gb - Containing lectures and self help material

USB Slot: connected to an IPOD Classic (160gb) containing Music

Internal Jukebox 11gb: with BBC Podcasts and stand-up comedy

All of these sources remember the playing positions and resume when swapping between them and after ignition on / off.

I did have a 512gb SSD connected to the USB slot. But for some reason this did not remember its position after long periods of ignition being off. Maybe because the Columbus powers the USB off after a while when the ignition is off. I did not investigate this too deeply.  The Ipod has its own battery so it is able to resume even if the USB powers off.... I presume.

I even have an android tablet connect via a bluetooth Aux in connection.

I've got the Amundsen and one of the SD slots is constantly occupied by the satnav data SD card (I THINK that this is the same deal with the columbus). 

Nope, Columbus stores all navigation data on an internal HD.

Thanks - that sounds good. With my Kia sportage I have to have my MP3 music on a CD as it's only got a single USB...It seems so old fashioned now to use a CD!

Also, will it stream bluetooth audio from a mobile phone? I often like to use "Tune In Radio" on my android mobile to listen to obscure radio stations :-)

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be buying an SD card soon once my New car arrives. Are the Skoda Infotainment systems particularly fussy about which brand, class and type of SD card used?

I know not all SD cards are made equal and its the controllers and possibly memory chips used that can cause problems for certain devices, hence the question.

In particular will the MIB happily accept a micro SD via a micro SD to SD adapter? Or does it *have* to be a full size SD card?

I'll be buying an SD card soon once my New car arrives. Are the Skoda Infotainment systems particularly fussy about which brand, class and type of SD card used?

I know not all SD cards are made equal and its the controllers and possibly memory chips used that can cause problems for certain devices, hence the question.

In particular will the MIB happily accept a micro SD via a micro SD to SD adapter? Or does it *have* to be a full size SD card?

I have a 64GB Micro Sd in an adapter. It works flawless in my Columbus.

• Like 1

Just buy a branded card, Class 4 or better and you will be fine. If it looks too good to be true on Fleabay or Amazon it is likely a fake, so buy from a reputable source.

SD or micro+adapter, doesn't really matter, but I find the transfer rates to full size SD tend to be better when copying music from the PC.

Thanks folks!

@andyvee there seems to be better offers/prices on micro SD than on full SD at the moment. Class 10 64GB for £15-£19 for a branded card. Not fussed about data transfer as large transfers won't happen often and I assume playback from the card doesn't need a particularly fast card.

I have been buying from these guys, http://www.mymemory.co.uk/

In particular this card, http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SDHC/MyMemory/MyMemory-32GB-SD-Card-%28SDHC%29---Class-10

£10 delivered is hard to beat.

Works OK in the Bolero head units.

NO AFFILIATION.

• 4 weeks later...

Having just taken delivery of a new Scout I'm trying to download from CD player to Jukebox in Columbus. I've tried Set up - Manage Jukebox - import, but all available sources in the next menu are "greyed out" so cannot be selected. Am I doing something wrong

or is the unit faulty?

Having just taken delivery of a new Scout I'm trying to download from CD player to Jukebox in Columbus. I've tried Set up - Manage Jukebox - import, but all available sources in the next menu are "greyed out" so cannot be selected. Am I doing something wrong

or is the unit faulty?

They have disabled the ripping from CD direct to the HDD.

Find a local member with VCDS and it can be enabled, instructions here

• 1 year later...

I have an Octavia (2014) 1.4 TSI Elegance and it's got a 64GB SD Card (for music).

The SD card is a SanDisk Ultra 64 GB SDXC Class 10 (purchased from Amazon).

N.B. Initially the SD Card didn't work when formatted using NTFS, reformatted the SD Card exFAT and worked fine.