What's the Octavia like for internal rattles?

What's the Octavia like for internal rattles?

My one year old Kia Sportage creaks and groans and rattles like an old ship of the line. I really hate it. Dealer say they can't sort it. Prior to that I had a Ford S-Max for 4 years without one rattle.

S.

Mine's been pretty much OK so far but some have reported a rattle inside the B pillar on the passenger side which IIRC is loose wires so easy to fix.

Had a rattle which I thought was the near side front door but was actually the end of the dashboard.

The dealer looked at it as instructed by a recall instruction so they are aware of the problem, I'd imagine all new Octavias rolling off the line now are rattle free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by JoeFifty

Drivers seat side creaks (offside, next to the door, may have something to do with my fat ar$e..... some sort of creak near the rear view mirror and the glove box door will inevitably creak.... Goes fast mind, so I don't care.... I just turn the stereo up....

• Like 1

Was OK when new, but now 1 year on everything rattles - including the infamous B pillar rattles. Dealer unable to trace the cause of the latter.

Rattles made worse by the crashing about caused by the harsh suspension.

Very disappointed after 12 months of ownership. Build quality is very significantly worse than the Mk 2's I have previously owned.

• Like 1

I did have rattling boot struts that were replaced under warranty. Other than that after 18 months and 31k miles there's one get slight barely noticeable rattle on very rough roads. Defiantly a step up from my mkII.

Not bad at all but I find mine is temperature related. On v cold days it tends to creak and groan a bit until the cabin is up to normal temperatures but in spring/summer its generally fine.

To be fair when you bolt hard shiney plastics to metalic surfaces and dont do alot to insulate/sound deaden it some rattles/vibrations are just par of the course in my book. As great as the Octavia is, it is more cheaply manufactured than the equivalent Golf; you dont get something for nothing often in this world and I think its fair to say with the Octavia, you pay less but expect some of the parts/components and perhaps build to be of slightly lesser quality as a consequence.

Its silly things....I had a Mk6 Golf GT for about 2.5 years, gave it a fairly hard life and did 50k miles in it....the interior other than the odd mark was still like new, no wear in the seats...even the leather on the wheel and gearlever/handbrake was much like new. My Octavias gearknob is already showing signs of wear and the seat base has bagged also....but then it cost what the (lower spec) Mk6 Golf would have done back in 2009 so I cant grumble too much.

Plenty of creaks and rattles, difficult to find and got to that stage where it's easier to just turn up the stereo. Not the best quality interior or plastic-materials (as others have stated). 

30,000 miles in less than 18 months and it is worse than my previous MK2 that had over 80,000 on it when it was changed for the current MK3.

Had the 1.2 SE Hatch a week and no rattle at present, however the glovebox doesn't seem to be flush when shut, as in the space increases from left to right, which isn't a real problem but is a little annoying to look at.

Edited by randomeclipse