JimboVRS Fabia VRS

JimboVRS

I've had my car now a year and a half and thought it was about time to post up in this forum. I have had a few VAG cars over the years and was an active member on the SeatCupra.net forums.

I picked up the car 2 days before Christmas 2013 from my local dealer.

63 plate 1.2 Tsi 105

Current Spec

Upgraded Bulbs

Cree Led DRL's
Osram diadem indicators front and rear
Osram Nightbreakers
Osram sidelights Xenon look

Retrofit cruise. This was carried out by Ross (Tech1e)

Flat bottom Citigo Monte Carlo steering wheel

Revo Stage 1
Drop in Pipercross filter

Carista Tweaks

Needle staging
One button unlock all doors
MPH on the maxidot
Teardrop Wipe
Beeps on lock/unlock
Speed dependent wipers
Added Headlight Briskoda sticker and rear window sticker

Future Plans

H&R rear anti roll bar
Brake Pad upgrade
Address Rattles!
Car is normally waxed with Collinite 915 and maintained with Sonax Brilliant shine detailing spray

A couple of days after collection

Host4_zpsg4gg2ebq.jpg
Host5_zpsqbrhbew8.jpg
Host3_zpsfa37jenn.jpg
Host1_zpsomqvh8wm.jpg
Host2_zpssianu5ia.jpg
WP_20150522_14_36_09_Pro_zps8e2a12ee.jpg

Needle Sweep Video

http://vid356.photobucket.com/albums/oo4/Jambrown77/WP_20150602_13_30_36_Pro_zpssagbh32g.mp4

IMG_0976_zpsx58b2eiw.jpg

Edited by JimboVRS

Looks great Like the look of that wheel! How have you done the one button unlock on all doors got wife and two kids and its a right pita

Thanks Jim. 

I was thinking about finding someone with VAGcom but stumbled across a post in the Rapid Forum about 'Carista'. Its a app for Android and is used with an ELM327 OBD Bluetooth device from ebay. It cost £15 from the Google Play store.

I've noticed in your profile your from South Wales, what part?

• Like 1

Thanks Jim.

I was thinking about finding someone with VAGcom but stumbled across a post in the Rapid Forum about 'Carista'. Its a app for Android and is used with an ELM327 OBD Bluetooth device from ebay. It cost £15 from the Google Play store.

Very interested in this app, will be seeing if my OBD android device is the right one. Will it work of a galaxy tab 2 ?

Very interested in this app, will be seeing if my OBD android device is the right one. Will it work of a galaxy tab 2 ?

I'm guessing it would as I use it on my ancient HTC Desire, which I think is gingerbread

If your looking at diagnostics and tweaks it's great

Torque app is better for gauges, boost etc

• Like 1

Got the torque app, the tweets has got me interested. I've coded in sat nav using my Delphi machine but can't do needle sweep or any of the things like that. I shall try tomorrow :) is it easy to do ?

Very easy to carry out the tweaks. The customise part of the app is just a list of features with toggle enable/disable

How do you get mph on maxi dot display, done needle sweep, one click unlock, tear drop wipe so far.

Never mind, fiddled around and found it :) happy now bargain for £15

Good stuff, not bad as you say for £15

Thank you for letting me know anyway :) how's the revo map on the 1.2 Tsi ? What figures did you get ?

The Revo map is great. Throttle response is much improved and the standard map seemed to suffer with a bit of lag if at low revs in 2nd gear accelerating; with the Revo there isn't any lag.

When Andy at got boost told me the figures I thought it should have been higher as the car made 120BHP on there rollers standard.

Of all the Revo graphs/figures I've seen they seem to be at the lower quoted figure on the Revo site. I believe a free breathing downpipe would improve things but I don't want to outlay more cash for the BHP increase too be honest.  Rear H&R ARB is next for me I think

I'll pop a picture of the graph up in a bit

Fellow 63-plate Monte Tech estate owner here (except mine's red)! Great list of mods. Which CREE LED bulbs did you get for your DRLs? Also, about this Carista app, it's free in Google Play Store so how does it cost £15? Which bluetooth device did you get?

Fellow 63-plate Monte Tech estate owner here (except mine's red)! Great list of mods. Which CREE LED bulbs did you get for your DRLs? Also, about this Carista app, it's free in Google Play Store so how does it cost £15? Which bluetooth device did you get?

I was looking at red when I was purchasing my car, they were trying to temp me with a TDI in stock. I went for the white estate (also at the dealership) as I wanted the petrol model

The CREE bulbs are from ebay,dual LED 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281120420538?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D281120420538%26_rdc%3D1

Carista allows you to check diagnostics for free but the customize section shows but saving changes you need to pay the £15

My dongle is a cheapo Ebay ELM327 bluetooth device.

Nice looking car

With the remap, what sort of performance league does it put the 1.2 tsi into?

ie does it become as quick as a standard gold gti for example?

Nice looking car

With the remap, what sort of performance league does it put the 1.2 tsi into?

ie does it become as quick as a standard gold gti for example?

Cheers Wakey.

Not really sure what other cars it would be comparable to. If I get time i'll take some acceleration videos and post them up.

I've had much quicker cars in the past, calming down a bit in my old age  :p  (SWMBO + kids)

I still think to myself for a 1.2 (albeit turbo) it does go pretty well for what it is. I'm happy with the Revo remap and would definitely recommend it

Thanks Jim. 

Better have a look at that got an elm usb cable shame i cant use that definitely going to get one tho

From Pontypridd butty

Edit: Just ordered one of ebay  :)

Edited by jimdiesel

Mine was a £5 Dongle likely a clone. Fingers crossed when you get it it works with carista

Came today barely works at all lol managed to get torque app connected once no luck at all with carista even tried different phones/tabs must be a dud

Came today barely works at all lol managed to get torque app connected once no luck at all with carista even tried different phones/tabs must be a dud

That sucks Jim

My original ELM327 dongle was lent to a colleague to clear a lambda code; he then sold the car and forgot to give the dongle back. 

He ordered another from ebay; I tried it out when it came and I thought it was a dud. The plastic casing came apart on it when pulling it out from the port. I then pulled apart the circuit boards inside and reseated them; it then started to work after that point and has been fine ever since.

Carista is available to buy with a dongle if needed http://www.caristaapp.com/hardware/  . Not sure of a UK source though.

• Like 1