What is this noise ?

If there is a faulty component or manufacturing issue causing the noise and it can be identified then the Manufacturers Warranty should be covering the cost of putting the fault right, parts and labour, and even the diagnosing of the fault.

Best ask at a Skoda Dealership to have a Technician listen to the noise and see if they know the source and if it is a fault,

or if they suck in making a similar noise and say ' they all do that'. 

From my very limited knowledge - it almost sounds like tappets caused by lack of lubrication when the engines cold and oil's drained to the bottom. Explains why it disappears when warm.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE - The dealers are telling me they can't hear anything.

The noise happens every morning without fail and they are saying that the technician fails to hear any noise at all? That noise to me is obvious and isn't normal.

If it helps, I drive an Insigina SRI as my job car and that has an identical noise on startup - never had any issues from it. Its been serviced recently by our workshops and no issues were reported with it.