Superb Order tracker

22 hours ago, knfruitbat said:

they kept in touch every few weeks, even if it was to say no news and have phoned me since to make sure I got home ok, and again to make sure I was getting on ok with the new car.

Wow! That is customer friendly! 
At the moment I have had to initiate every contact with my dealer (VonRotz AutoWelt in Wil/SG, Switzerland). My contact is excellent (Head of Import Sales) but VERY busy. 

Feedback is excellent on them but I think they could improve further. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DH- Leeds said:

Pleased to say that I received an email from Gary at VVM today informing me my car was built and on the way to the UK - this seems incredibly quick - much better than the 16 or so weeks I was advised initially. Order went in around 24th May so only about 6 weeks!

I ordered a 280PS 4x4 estate in petrol blue with crew protect, smart light assist and spare wheel as options.

Rather excited! :biggrin:

Really glad it worked out for you.

14 minutes ago, SwissRob said:

Good for you! :) Fully understandable! 

Crossing the company car park today saw a new MY2017 L&K with brown leather interior that I've never seen before. I resolved to take a photo of it at lunchtime.
Unfortunately it had already gone. It was very similar to my 220PS "Style" with loads of goodies. But mine is MY2018 (yesss!). Coming in 6 weeks! 

I feel for you Rob, wait seems to go on forever.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, knfruitbat said:

wait seems to go on forever.

Oh yeah! But originally I was quoted 8 months' wait because of all the goodies so am pleased it will only have been 5 1/2! :blink:

And a MY2018 to boot!

Ordered 30th of March. Told delay in DSG gearboxes. Its a Sportline combi. Its on the boat now for the last week, what ever that means! Still no concrete date. Only get an update if I contact the dealer so its disappointing in that regard. 

So its week 14 now. Seems standard enough. 

20 hours ago, knfruitbat said:

Really glad it worked out for you.

Thanks very much.

Will be even happier when I know it is in the UK and ready!

12 minutes ago, aidangill said:

Anyone got a boat we can sail along side :D

Stupid Q, but where is the boat coming from! 

Emden in NW Germany.

Anyone else heard about an "IT Problem" at Skoda today, that prevents them giving updates on orders?  Starting to feel like I'm getting the run around from the company I ordered with....

9 hours ago, dg360 said:

heard about an "IT Problem" at Skoda today, that prevents them giving updates on orders

Yes: my Swiss dealer told me of a two-week window where the whole Volkswagen-Audi Group ordering system was being changed over to new software and during which period he could not change the order for the rims I had ordered (no longer available in MY2018). I think it was something like week 24 & 25 or week 25 & 26. 

I hope this corresponds to what your dealer told you. New software is seldom perfect so maybe they have had an interim update to fix a few things... 

Thanks for confirming Rob.  I work in Software Quality Assurance myself,  they should have said they had problems.  I'm sure we could have come to some sort of arrangement ;)

21 hours ago, aidangill said:

Anyone got a boat we can sail along side :D

Stupid Q, but where is the boat coming from! 

I thought of swimming over and driving it back :biggrin:

16 hours ago, kezwald said:

another email from dealer today, car is Emden and released for boat (status 39):biggrin:

Hopefully mine is on the same boat.  Out of interest Kezwald, what build week was yours?  Mine was week 22 and it's all gone a bit quiet...

Video of pickup or walkaround video just after? 

Just an idea - why not video the whole collection experience? 

And I'd certainly appreciate a video walk-around from others - so one could get to see particular features "in person" before receiving one's own vehicle. 

I'm certainly toying with the idea of doing that with mine (pickup August 9th). I'll upload to YouTube, but Vimeo is another good platform. 

What do Briskodians think about the idea?! 

5 hours ago, dg360 said:

Hopefully mine is on the same boat.  Out of interest Kezwald, what build week was yours?  Mine was week 22 and it's all gone a bit quiet...

bloody bloke I dealt with went on holiday so he forgot to update on build week probably to many beers lol. I ordered on 5th may and actual order put in week after

2 hours ago, SwissRob said:

Video of pickup or walkaround video just after? 

Just an idea - why not video the whole collection experience? 

And I'd certainly appreciate a video walk-around from others - so one could get to see particular features "in person" before receiving one's own vehicle. 

I'm certainly toying with the idea of doing that with mine (pickup August 9th). I'll upload to YouTube, but Vimeo is another good platform. 

What do Briskodians think about the idea?! 

don't now but you know what us men are like with our big toys:) not sure if most would want to play around and only ask questions in a dilemma lol

so not sure if id want to burst any ones bubble so to speak. good idea though in principle and be interesting to see what others feel before committing

1 hour ago, kezwald said:

be interesting to see what others feel

Indeed. I once saw a TV program about the psychology of the "delivery experience". In the US, a Jaguar dealership had a dark arena where the customer & spouse were led into a pitch black delivery arena. Then the dramatic music started and the show-effect dry-ice fog filled the room to 12"-18" depth then the spotlights... And at the end, the customer could lift the veil on his new purchase. 1000% impressive of course. Then the respectful introduction from the sales rep, and the opening of the door to outside & daylight so he could take his new baby home. I mean, WOW! 

I've never seen that topped, but think many dealers could learn from it. Who wouldn't want to experience that again?! The second time I'd invite more close family. Repeat business practically guaranteed for a hundred bucks each time. Money well invested. 

So I'm curious what my dealer will offer (knowing that the Swiss are low-key). But nevertheless I could at least record the handover, and maybe my going through my planned acceptance procedure checking that all of the spec requested is also delivered. And at the end of the day driving off into the sunset in a brand-new shiny Superb. Oops - is my marketing background showing?!

Edited by SwissRob
background

Happy happy me!

My car is already in Switzerland, although because of holidays etc. (mine and Sales Manager) I will only pick it up on 9th August!

Pictures sent by dealer below: 

My car was made AFTER MY2018 began but retained my choice of wheels from the MY2017 configurator. 

Perhaps not all import paperwork is complete at the moment, but at least I have all the info I need to arrange insurance etc. 

IMG_7864.JPG

IMG_7865.JPG

IMG_7866.JPG

IMG_7867.JPG

IMG_7868.JPG

• Like 4

Looks great Rob - congrats.  I spoke with my supplier today trying yet again to get some sort of update.  "I believe it is nearly completed"  is the best I can get out of them and "it is on site".

I'm beginning to wonder if there is some sort of battle going on between the dealer and the company I'm purchasing through, over purchase price.  I've seen a couple of posts on here around dealers asking for more due to the vehicle falling into the next model year?

Can anyone shed any light on the average time it takes for a new Skoda to reach the UK dealer after leaving the factory?

My new car was on the way to the UK at the beginning of last week - but I don't know whether that meant it had just left the factory or was on the ship across the North Sea.

1 hour ago, DH- Leeds said:

Can anyone shed any light on the average time it takes for a new Skoda to reach the UK dealer after leaving the factory?

It really is a complete lottery...

From the factory in the Czech Republic it is transported to the port of Emden in Germany. It usually arrives there sometime during the week after it was produced.

It then waits at Emden for the next available space on a car transporter ship that will be calling at a port closest to the destination dealership - yours will probably be Grimsby.

Once it arrives at the UK port it is Škoda UK that arranges for a car transporter to have it delivered to the dealership's storage depot. Almost all dealerships use satellite storage depot areas which are often shared with many and different brand dealerships.

The dealership then needs to collect the car from the storage depot and transfer it to their workshop for PDI and the registration/taxation process. When this will actually happen depends on how busy the workshop is. Added to which some smaller dealership workshops may be understaffed during the summer/winter holiday periods, adding further delay.

If you hit the jackpot, where everything is timed perfectly and runs like clockwork, you can have your car within about two weeks.

Waiting for a ship at Emden is often the longest delay and can, if you're unlucky, add weeks to the delivery time.

Mine took four weeks.