Superb Order tracker

Is the plate dependent on the dealer registering the car rather than delivery date? If so, presumably I would have to contact the dealer and ask them to hold the vehicle and not to register it until 01/03/17? - anyone had adverse dealer reaction to this?

I would contact them and also put it in writing that you don't want the car registered until March 1st as you want a '17 plate.

I was contacted today to say that my car was now built and in the country and was being delivered to the dealership tomorrow (which was something of a shock to say the least). The dealership seemed keen to have it registered before the end of the month, so I have had to remind them (for the third time) that I don't want it registered before March 1st.

Considering mine was ordered on November 18th, and the dealership told me that they didn't expect it to arrive any earlier than April, the total build and delivery time was much quicker than I was lead to believe. The good news is that I will get it before the VED rise.

I think Skoda need to improve their delivery predictions as there seems to be a big discrepancy between what the dealers are saying and what the factory are doing.

My order form had the following in capital letters

10 DAY DELIVERY NOTICE

TO QUALIFY FOR ANY CONSUMER OFFER OR PRICE

PROTECTION ALL NEW VEHICLES MUST BE REGISTERED

WITHIN 10 DAYS ARRIVAL AT THE DEALERSHIP

I don't know what exactly they were trying to guard against but it sounds like any retail price increase may be passed on and possibly any discount might not be honoured.

My order form had the following in capital letters

10 DAY DELIVERY NOTICE

TO QUALIFY FOR ANY CONSUMER OFFER OR PRICE

PROTECTION ALL NEW VEHICLES MUST BE REGISTERED

WITHIN 10 DAYS ARRIVAL AT THE DEALERSHIP

I don't know what exactly they were trying to guard against but it sounds like any retail price increase may be passed on and possibly any discount might not be honoured.

Ordered ours on 21st November 2016 (day before price increase) for delivery March 2017. I insisted that the salesman confirm in writing that the T & C's mentioned above would not be enforced if the car arrived at a time that would mean if the 10 day period was applied would mean January or February delivery. He did this on the signed order confirming that the price on the order was for March delivery.

Had a call this morning, car being built next week and will be ready for delivery in March as agreed.

That sounds similar to what I have been told. My order went in on 23-November and beet the price rise as Skoda are the customer for the car as it is on lease.

I am being told that I can have a 17 plate as I don't need the car until mid March. Will be interested see how this pans out as I have not had a confirmed buit week beyond mid January. I may in 2 minds about asking for an update.

It's interesting that my order form didn't have the capital letter wording that others seem to have.

As soon as I realised that despite verbally telling the garage that I wanted a '17 plate registration on at least three occasions including at the time of ordering, I had no written confirmation, I put this in writing to the dealership via an email.

In a further verbal response I was told that I would be collecting a '17 plate car on March 1st, however the wording of the email confirmation simply states the car will be available for collection on March 1st ( which isn't the same as saying it will be registered on March 1st ).

I'm not sure if the dealerships are deliberately trying to be evasive or it is a case of poor language but I can't see why they can't confirm in writing my request for the car to registered on (or after) March 1st.

• Like 1

It's interesting that my order form didn't have the capital letter wording that others seem to have.

As soon as I realised that despite verbally telling the garage that I wanted a '17 plate registration on at least three occasions including at the time of ordering, I had no written confirmation, I put this in writing to the dealership via an email.

In a further verbal response I was told that I would be collecting a '17 plate car on March 1st, however the wording of the email confirmation simply states the car will be available for collection on March 1st ( which isn't the same as saying it will be registered on March 1st ).

I'm not sure if the dealerships are deliberately trying to be evasive or it is a case of poor language but I can't see why they can't confirm in writing my request for the car to registered on (or after) March 1st.

I'm in a similar situation.  I'm expecting my car to be at the dealer and ready to collect by mid-Feb.  I appreciate they are keen to get their money for the car but it's only a 7-14 day wait and I'd really prefer to get a 17 plate car.  

I stated this before I placed the order as I'm actually away with work and wouldn't be able to collect the car until very late February or March anyway.  However, I have nothing in writing so I think I will push for this when I get a further update from the dealer

Just curious, if it's a lease car, which mine will be (due mid Feb) why does it matter if it's 16 or 17 plate? Am I missing something as I get the value of a 17 plate for resale purposes, but not sure why it matters on a lease?

Just curious, if it's a lease car, which mine will be (due mid Feb) why does it matter if it's 16 or 17 plate? Am I missing something as I get the value of a 17 plate for resale purposes, but not sure why it matters on a lease?

It doesn't really matter on a lease. 

He could be giving me a bum steer, but my dealer said that the finance company give them 2 weeks max to get the cars registered and delivered. 

It'll probably be pot luck whether or not your car is registered on a '66 or '17 plate. I doubt you'll have a say in the matter, as you won't be the registered keeper. 

however the wording of the email confirmation simply states the car will be available for collection on March 1st ( which isn't the same as saying it will be registered on March 1st ).

The written confirmation on the order clearly states "to be registered March 2017"

Just curious, if it's a lease car, which mine will be (due mid Feb) why does it matter if it's 16 or 17 plate? 

If it registered in February it will be a 66 plate, March a 17 plate. 16 plates stopped being issued in August 2016.

Had a call from my dealer to say my Superb had arrived with them today. Ordered on 12th of November, that's less than 8 weeks and that includes Christmas and New Year! Build week was week 51. It has arrived a lot quicker than expected, - will collect next Wednesday.

This is for a Superb Estate 2.0TDI 190 SCR SE L Executive DSG in Beige with integrated tow bar, variable boot floor, spare wheel, rear camera & front parking sensors, colour Maxi Dot and paddle shift steering wheel.

Considering getting dealer to fit protection pack, - mud flaps, mats, boot protector - has anyone ordered this?

Collected the car yesterday - order placed on Sept 28, total turnaround of 14 weeks. 2.0TSI, hatch, magnetic brown - owner (that would be me) still grinning like an idiot :)

• Like 1

Had a call from my dealer to say my Superb had arrived with them today. Ordered on 12th of November, that's less than 8 weeks and that includes Christmas and New Year! Build week was week 51. It has arrived a lot quicker than expected, - will collect next Wednesday.

This is for a Superb Estate 2.0TDI 190 SCR SE L Executive DSG in Beige with integrated tow bar, variable boot floor, spare wheel, rear camera & front parking sensors, colour Maxi Dot and paddle shift steering wheel.

Considering getting dealer to fit protection pack, - mud flaps, mats, boot protector - has anyone ordered this?

That's good news sounds like our cars were probably built alongside each other.

I'll probably get a boot protector but have yet to order one. The mats should come as standard on the L&K.

I would be interested to hear what spare wheel you got - I ordered it on mine but the sales staff couldn't tell me which type I would get ( full or space saver ) as I have gone for the variable floor also.

Hope you post an update after Wednesday to give us all your first impressions and dealer experience.

The written confirmation on the order clearly states "to be registered March 2017"

After what seemed quite a faff, I've now finally got written confirmation that the car will be registered on March 1st so all is good now.

I need to decide whether to take out the service plan, which on the face of it at £279 for the first two services seems a saving over paying for them.

I also need to decide whether to go for the fixed or variable servicing - anyone got any pros or cons?

After what seemed quite a faff, I've now finally got written confirmation that the car will be registered on March 1st so all is good now.

I need to decide whether to take out the service plan, which on the face of it at £279 for the first two services seems a saving over paying for them.

I also need to decide whether to go for the fixed or variable servicing - anyone got any pros or cons?

Well done, relax now until March.

I decided to take out the service plan, saves about £60 and any saving is good.

Thought the service plan was only available with fixed since the plan is for 2 services in the first 2 years. But it depends on your use and mileage. if its under 10,000 miles or you do mostly short runs or you tow quite a bit it can only be fixed. Variable is for higher mileage users doing mostly longer trips.

That's good news sounds like our cars were probably built alongside each other.

I'll probably get a boot protector but have yet to order one. The mats should come as standard on the L&K.

I would be interested to hear what spare wheel you got - I ordered it on mine but the sales staff couldn't tell me which type I would get ( full or space saver ) as I have gone for the variable floor also.

Hope you post an update after Wednesday to give us all your first impressions and dealer experience.

If the dealer got the order right, the spare should be full size steel. Will update after Wednesday.

Ordered Monday, 21 Nov 16 - Sportline hatch | 150ps diesel | Manual | Business Grey: 

• Canton sound
  • Heated front seats
  • Heated washer nozzles
  • Heated windscreen
  • Electric boot lid/tailgate
  • Front parking sensors
  • Spacesaver spare
  • Rear wiper

Not been tagged to a car/build week as yet but have been told to expect delivery late Feb/early March, build time is currently 12 weeks.   Will be trying to time handover to get a MY17 plate and avoid the VED increase in April.  

Just been advised by the dealer that the car is confirmed for build next week (w/c 16 Jan); delivery should be 2-4 weeks later.    I seen a Corrida red Sportline in Milton Keynes last week and it looked ace, made me even more excited! 

Great News Penguin17

My car seems rumoured to be built that week also - although I ordered the 3 weeks before you ....but  am waiting on an L&K which can appear to be problematic.

• Like 1

My deler just called me, I will get my Superb Style equip that is something equal to UK SE L and mixed to L&K

I added: heated windscreen, Canton, Park asisst 3.0, Sunset, DAB, rear camera, DCC :) I will get you some pics on friday

• Like 1

Went to dealership to pick up our brand new factory ordered Superb 190 4x4 yesterday evening. The euphoria was short lived as I pointed out a decent sized dent in the drivers door! After that I went round the car and found two wheels were badly scratched and that the new key looked anything but new! Key football, is that a thing? As though it had been dropped, trampled on, kicked and then scraped along some rough industrial flooring. Talk about anti friggin climax. Left the dealership without new car or having signed contract. The sales team will investigate with the workshop and prep team Monday morning. Until then it's simply to remind myself it's only a car! ...it'll be sorted.

Friday 13th delivered, unlike the dealership.

But yeah, it was a ****er.

Ordered superb se l executive 220tsi dsg estate on 28th dec 20016 the delivery date of th1st june ok with me.I was talking to a friend who is in the motor trade not skoda or vag about order times for my skoda they said that vw realy got the hump on the introduction of the mk3 superb has they had a new passat coming out at the same time,although they say not that they introduced some supply problems for skoda do we believe vw would not do this.I first whent to see a vw passat estate but the cost of the extras made it very expensive but thanks to the sales assistant the suggested l looked at a new superb.On the way bake home i called into a skoda dealership they had not had any deliveries of said model not even a booklet .Outside a transporter pulled up 2 new vw passats on including some skodas but no superbs the sales person rolled his eyes and said they should have been on that trans porter and that vw may have prioritized the new passat first.I hope this has helped explain the long order times may be.

Dealer just called us

We ordered our Superb Sportline on Monday 7th November.

Dealer has called and said the car is 'on a boat' and 'awaiting allocation'. Hopefully we will see it by the end of the month :-) 

On the boat after 8 weeks is miles better than my Superb SE Business Estate  that took 19 weeks from order to delivery

Picking up this Saturday. 2.0 TDI 150 DSG Sportline Hatch in Red. 

Not a bad turnaround.

We will have his and hers Skoda Superbs. 

My Sportline is now sat at Emden waiting be put on a boat, so 2-3 weeks before it's in the UK.   :happy:

I'm away for most of Feb so I've agreed with the dealer that it will be collected in the first few days of March.  Can't wait!!!! 

My Sportline is now sat at Emden waiting be put on a boat, so 2-3 weeks before it's in the UK.   :happy:

I'm away for most of Feb so I've agreed with the dealer that it will be collected in the first few days of March.  Can't wait!!!! 

Great news, I have just heard mine has rolled out of the factory, 'in in transit and will be on the first ship' but the dealer is reluctant to give any approximate ETA for shipping etc - I am away too next month but haven't yet agreed anything with dealer regarding registration - did your dealer tell you to expect 2-3 weeks Penguin17?

• Like 1