Euro 6 engine

Johnboy16

Hi   I ordered a new Yeti 1.6 SE Greenline in April. Due for delivery in approx. 3 weeks. The dealer as just contacted me saying.  It has been fitted with the New euro 6 engine.  He informs me it  is the same tax and insurance band and will do more MPG. I believe it to be a 2 litre not a 1.6. Being a pensioner a chose the 1.6 greenline for fuel economy and running costs  ie tax /insurance. Your opinions would be very much appreciated. Thanks

• Like 1

The 1.6 Green line has been dropped because the EU6 2.0 110PS engine is better. It's just a little bit more efficient, a little bit more powerful and emitts a little bit less CO2.

• Alloy wheels "SCUDO" 7J x 17

Trim level: SE                        

Engine: 2.0 TDI CR DPF 110 PS 5G Man

Tax  band C 111 - 120 First year £0.00  Then  £30.00 a year.

Very good choice.

Edited by Carlo diesel

Hi   I ordered a new Yeti 1.6 SE Greenline in April. Due for delivery in approx. 3 weeks. The dealer as just contacted me saying.  It has been fitted with the New euro 6 engine.  He informs me it  is the same tax and insurance band and will do more MPG. I believe it to be a 2 litre not a 1.6. Being a pensioner a chose the 1.6 greenline for fuel economy and running costs  ie tax /insurance. Your opinions would be very much appreciated. Thanks

I had the same thing, I ordered the 1.6 through a leasing company and about 4 weeks after it was ordered, I was told the same thing. I get a weekly email from them and the current estimated deliver date is mid July.

Yes its still the same price.

But wondering as I had ordered a Greenline 1.6 if it will have the greenline badges on it and the mods that the greenline Has ie No space for a spare wheel. 16" wheels with Optimised rolling resistance tyres 205/55 91H. Ride 25m/m lower. Lighter kerb weight. Would the factory use the greenline shell but just change the engine?

But wondering as I had ordered a Greenline 1.6 if it will have the greenline badges on it and the mods that the greenline Has ie No space for a spare wheel. 16" wheels with Optimised rolling resistance tyres 205/55 91H. Ride 25m/m lower. Lighter kerb weight. Would the factory use the greenline shell but just change the engine?

Welcome to Skoda World. What you order may not be what you get.

The Greenline has the same shell as the others. I have a January 2015 Greenline but would not mind one of the newer more efficient 2.0 EU6 engines. Also now you can order a spare wheel and heated screen that was not an option on mine.

Couple of points or corrections:

There is space for the spare wheel, it just isn't fitted.

The ride height is only lower due to different springs and shockers.

The bodyshell is exactly the same.

In my Yeti brochure, the overall height of the greenline model is the same.  So although it rides lower, they must stretch the body up a bit.  But that would remove the aero advantage,  So perhaps they cut the end off their measuring tape!

In my Yeti brochure, the overall height of the greenline model is the same.  So although it rides lower, they must stretch the body up a bit.  But that would remove the aero advantage,  So perhaps they cut the end off their measuring tape!

or the info in the brochure is wrong. Go have a look at the Octavia 3 forum or the Fabia 3 to see just how wide of the mark Skoda UK brochures can be. 

I expect my new car will have an entirely different infotainment set up from the brochure and as for the VED band, it depends whether you believe the web site this week, last week or the brochure. DIfferent VED bands depending where you look. 

The Greenline has a lower chassis.

The chassis/monocoque is exactly the same across the whole range. The only difference is the spring lengths to reduce the ground clearance.

• Like 1

According to the brochures the pre facelift and early facelift yeti Greenlines  had a ride height reduction of 25 mm.

To achieve a slightly lower drag coefficient.

This was arrived at by slightly shorter springs and the smaller diameter 205/55/16" wheels and tyres fitted.

Check the brochures and check the accuracy and check the given clearance, then check the given height of the vehicle.

Then often the Scores on the Doors make no sense.

Some vehicles from Skoda or other VWG Models might have a brochure or official figures show like 10mm less clearance than another model but is only 5 mm lower roof hight.

so is that lower panelling under the car or shorter springs.?  Or some error.

It may be lower at the front to give it a more of a 'wedge' shape for streamlining, which would give it less ground clearance, but the rear not lowered as much - hence the overall height may not be reduced as much?

Jim