roomie roof rail retrofit

Wakey

Hi Pete, the car looks good with the roof-rails and bars. I have been quoted over £500 by my main dealer to have roof-rails fitted to my Roomster.

How can that be justified given the price of the roof-rails and the fitting kit.

I was under the impression that it was so expensive because the roof-lining had to be taken out.

I would appreciate some photographs of the fitting kit, and instruction sheet.

Also what type of paint did you use and is there a rubber type seal between the roof rail and the roof?

Anything that you can add would appreciated as I'm tempted!

Sparkgap.

Hi, yes id say 500 is a bit steep. The template being 90 and the rails 115 so id say they're labor prices are a bit ridiculous. Or they don't know what's involved and are covering themselves. Either way 500 is nuts. Ill get a few photos of the template bits on shortly. I painted the bare steel with some touch up paint i had from a mountainbike i have! No chance of water ingress as its all sealed up. Ill be listening the template on here and or ebay within a week or so. Pictures soon

• Like 1

my main dealer fitted mine for 212. great service from Derek Slacks.

Hi Pete, the car looks good with the roof-rails and bars. I have been quoted over £500 by my main dealer to have roof-rails fitted to my Roomster.

How can that be justified given the price of the roof-rails and the fitting kit.

I was under the impression that it was so expensive because the roof-lining had to be taken out.

I would appreciate some photographs of the fitting kit, and instruction sheet.

Also what type of paint did you use and is there a rubber type seal between the roof rail and the roof?

Anything that you can add would appreciated as I'm tempted!

Sparkgap.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I just got hands on roof rails for the Roomster (for the Google reference code is LAH770001), but without fitting templates (LAH770011). Fitting templates was not available at the time + ridicule high price for two peace of plastics that will be used only once just to make few marks was too much! Also when inquiring at the official Skoda service they even did not know that for the mounting rails also roof needs to be drilled (I guess that they did not done that before)... :x

...so we decided to give it a try and fit roof rails by our own with "little" work and planning. If that fails miserably and we destroy the roof, then what the heck.... I always wanted topless version, of the car...

Without fitting template we have few options to mark holes for drilling:
1) To copy hole positions from the another Roomster
2) Making cardboard copy from the another fitting template
3) Or from the inside, to remove lining and access mounting bolts from the below if possible. And though mounting bolts to mark and drill small guidance holes...

I'm interested if option 3 is possible at all. Question for you who did fitting by your own, did you see lining through drilled hole at all?

Option 2 will be also really cool and helpful, but I guess no one that owns fitting template and also checks this forum, have it close in mine area (Athens - GR)... But I can't know if I do not ask :blush:

I'll try to make some pictures and write step by step of the fitting process, so it can be helpful for others who choose to go with DIY approach.

Thanks!

Yep - £212 is the book price.  Exactly what I paid.  Great service from All Electric.

Please could you tell me if this is the price for fitting only or to supply and fit?

I'm still on to this and have just had another quote (this time from my nearest main dealer,

Bickerton Skoda) for £392 supply and fit inc vat.

Still seems too much to me, considering they sell the rails for £105 and as a main dealer will have the templates to hand.

Please could you tell me if this is the price for fitting only or to supply and fit?

Hi Sparkgap and welcome to Briskoda.

£212 is the book price to supply and fit roof rails.

Ask your dealer to show you the price in his book.

I have sent you a PM, which I hope will help.

Rob

I'm still on to this and have just had another quote (this time from my nearest main dealer,

Bickerton Skoda) for £392 supply and fit inc vat.

Still seems too much to me, considering they sell the rails for £105 and as a main dealer will have the templates to hand.

CORRECTION: Sorry, They Skodaparts.com - Bickerton Skoda - sell the roof rails LAH770001 for £112.85 not £105 as I said, (£105 is for the templates LAH770011).

• 8 months later...

Yes sir. Iv got the pano roof. Makes zero difference to roof rails, just means you can see your bike on the roof if your a bike nut like me!

Iv still got the template if anyone wants them! Offers? Obv £115 through skoda so anything less without being cheeky

Yes sir. Iv got the pano roof. Makes zero difference to roof rails, just means you can see your bike on the roof if your a bike nut like me!

Iv still got the template if anyone wants them! Offers? Obv £115 through skoda so anything less without being cheeky

Thanks pete, yes bike nut too, prob end up crashing, whilst admiring the lines of said bikes from the different angle!! will have to close the blinds :D when driving, sad very sad  

Wain

• 8 months later...

Many thanks to the forum. I wanted roof rails for my my 2014 Roomster amd priced up the parts at over £200 for the roof rails + fitting kit. From the forum I found out that the Skoda dealer fixed price to supply & fit the roof rails is £212. A no brainer really for the sake of a couple of quid and fitted and warranted by a Skoda dealer. The dealer I used was Winners of Cinderford who did a very good job.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hi i have just bought a skoda roomsterr 2011 plate without roofrails i am looking for the template to drill the holes if anyone has it for sale

On 13/07/2015 at 18:07, Mk1pete said:

OK!!! Mine are done. No roof lining out.

Using the template drill through the roof, using the smaller black templates (each one is marked for which one hole) draw around and then open up the holes with a die grinder. The factory bolts are then visible and the rails simply bolt onto them. This is not a five minute job folks.

I now have a spare template kit available for purchase for the next person who fancies a go!! Pickup near gatwick. Cost me 90+vat. Ill take an offer and ill give advice on pickup.

Do you still have them

On 14/06/2015 at 08:05, Wakey said:

Hi All. Ive been informed that we should get roof rails on the wifes roomster.

Im going to fit them myself. There seems to be two purchases required....the rails and a fitting kit.

Can anyone please tell me what is supplied in the fitting kit?

Many thanks

I think its just the templates to drill the holes

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Go through the spares dept. at your local Skoda dealer.

Spares quoted me a price for the rails as a part and an all in fitted price (~£212) that I agreed and booked through them.

Service dept. fitted them for me as arranged and presented me with a rather bigger bill. I suggested they had the wrong price and they referred back to Spares who confirmed I should only pay the price as quoted and booked.

Spares and Parts have quite a few fixed price Buy & Fit deals on things that work out a lot cheaper than the service dept. system of job pricing produces ...

• 2 years later...