Motorcycle electrics! Tech question

essexocty

Long story short I believe I'm having problems with the pick ups on an old bike I've got

I've sourced a different set of pick ups but from a different bike but they will physically fit

The old pick ups are 116ohms and the new ones are 440ohms

What will happen? Will it run will it explode?

It's basically a gpz 500 engine, (kle500)

I've discounted the pickups now (basically crank shaft postion sensor telling the coils when to fire)

I'm awaiting delivery of a new loom as there's some odd voltage losses across the loom towards the coils

It's the only thing I haven't replaced yet lol

Sorry, never worked on any Kawasaki stuff I'm afraid. Mostly old Honda gear, but a long time ago. I can't recall much of what I learned either, but it sounds like you're eliminating things systematically.

I'm elliminating everything including my wallet

Edited by essexocty

Maybe if you post in a bike specific forum?

Usually some whizz on there thats an encyclopedia of knowledge aha.

I need more electrical help, I've posted it in a few places and it just seems to turn into an argument about spark plugs and batteries

I like briskoda so friendly

What's the problem with it anyway?  I had a single cylinder 4 stroke Honda engine which refused to start. Came to me as a non runner. Turned out the woodruff key which held the rotor in the correct position had sheared and the previous owner had just nipped the rotor nut tight and it wasn't correctly aligned.

Well it's intermittent no spark on both cyclinders when it' spark it fires up and runs beautifully then some amount of starts later ................ Nothing

Very odd

Quick one then, what readings should I get with one probe on the CDI voltage feed wire and one probe on the wire that plugs into the coil?? Some times 12-12v sometimes .5v thinking this might be a loom issue