Lowering Springs- H & R before and after -VRS-

Looks smart - like the idea of lowering option on the lease. I think the standard suspension is really designed to be loaded up, our vrs certainly feels good with a boot full of gear and 4 people.

I know some say the ride is better after lowering but I don't agree when it comes to my vrs. It is definitely a harsher and bumpier ride. I currently have Eibach springs so not as lowered as H&R. Just good for anyone to know if thy are planning to lower. Good to hear that you are happy with your new springs GunnerGibson

Edited by kristianRS

I have fitted Eibach -25mm springs, and I have to agree with GunnerGibson about the ride quality, it is so so much improved over the standard springs.

• Like 1

Looks smart - like the idea of lowering option on the lease. I think the standard suspension is really designed to be loaded up, our vrs certainly feels good with a boot full of gear and 4 people.

It is indeed. Even with over 150kg of gravel in the boot, It wasn't as low. 

I have fitted Eibach -25mm springs, and I have to agree with GunnerGibson about the ride quality, it is so so much improved over the standard springs.

I've also got Eibach Pro Kit 30/35 lowering springs on my Elegance with 18" wheels and it definitely improved the ride. I also fitted Bilstein B4 shocks.

Its best to inform your insurers, even if they decide not to change anything on your policy.

• Like 3

Is this a modification that requires insurance company notification?

In a word. Yes.

You can always get in touch with them to find out how much it affects your premium before you do anything.

That looks pretty good!

does this void any warranty at all?

Yes - your warranty on suspension parts, i.e. your shock absorbers. However, I was told by a dealer that the warranty on these is only 6 months as they are classed as wear and tear items. That's my understanding anyway.

Yes - your warranty on suspension parts, i.e. your shock absorbers. However, I was told by a dealer that the warranty on these is only 6 months as they are classed as wear and tear items. That's my understanding anyway.

Aha! thank you, thats interesting.

I have my car booked in for a service next week, i might ask them about it :)

• Like 2

Ah, some of my own handy work :happy:

I saw the user name for the phone that your bluetooth was trying to connect to and asumed this was your car Gibbo.

Here's a picture of the mk3 Octy you were on about thats been lowered with the 19"s

When did you defect from Seat?

hope all is well :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great, any more side pics? Trying to work out which springs to go for H&R or Eibach and struggling to decide!

11694038_10153011671049639_7845205462061

Here is mine with Eibach Pro-Kit and 20/30mm spacers from H&R (Top pic) compared to stock. Does a lot to the look of the car IRL. 

BR

Jon

Looks great! And yes more pics please! I have also lowered with eibach and are now thinking of adding spacers. Does the 20/30mm spacers align the front and back wheels? My options I've been thinking about are either 20/30 (like you) or 0/20 (so only 10mm on each side on rear wheels). 

Btw, did you purchase from ebay or how did you go about ordering?

Spacers definitely looks good and the wider track is noticeable. Are there any issues with the life of the wheel bearings when using spacers i.e. as the contact point is moved outboard there is greater moment on the inner race of the bearing?